Author Topic: The battle for the bottom 4 of the top 8  (Read 22824 times)

gerkin greg

Re: The battle for the bottom 4 of the top 8
« Reply #315 on: August 29, 2013, 11:42:22 AM »
I heard on the radio Geelong would be playing at Etihad but the AFL were looking at letting them play it at Kardinia

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #316 on: August 29, 2013, 01:10:35 PM »
I heard on the radio Geelong would be playing at Etihad but the AFL were looking at letting them play it at Kardinia

If the AFL don't have any contractual agreements with Etihad to hold a game there I couldn't see a reason why they shouldnt be able to play at Kardinia as long as it means we play at the MCG.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #317 on: August 29, 2013, 01:52:37 PM »

There's a story on the Age web-site about, says AFL looking at it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2013, 02:47:06 PM »
They've got every right to ask for that now that it's a venue with lights and a venue with capacity above 30,000 people, but in the end it's more with the other three games that will be at the MCG and the timing around those and also Fremantle's travel patterns and when they should be planning, whether it should be night or day. – AFL scheduling boss Simon Lethlean

From that I take it that the 3 MCG tenants that have home hosting rights will be playing at the G and Geelong will be at Etihad or Kardinia

:clapping

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #319 on: August 29, 2013, 03:41:14 PM »
They've got every right to ask for that now that it's a venue with lights and a venue with capacity above 30,000 people, but in the end it's more with the other three games that will be at the MCG and the timing around those and also Fremantle's travel patterns and when they should be planning, whether it should be night or day. – AFL scheduling boss Simon Lethlean

From that I take it that the 3 MCG tenants that have home hosting rights will be playing at the G and Geelong will be at Etihad or Kardinia

You beauty. :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #320 on: August 29, 2013, 04:48:05 PM »

AFL web-site saying Freo sooking about the possibility about playing at Kardinia Park  ;D

Make it happen AFL - just to annoy Ross Lyon  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2013, 04:50:29 PM »
Sucked in Freo  :clapping it's Geelong's turf and their right to play on it if they finish second.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2013, 04:54:52 PM »
Yep would be within their rights if afl allowed it, however I would be peeved if I was a freo supporter.  :whistle
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2013, 04:56:53 PM »
AFL web-site saying Freo sooking about the possibility about playing at Kardinia Park  ;D

Make it happen AFL - just to annoy Ross Lyon  :rollin

But they'd be fine with Geelong playing them at Freo's home ground if the positions were reversed. Suck it up Freo !
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos