Author Topic: 15 Goals  (Read 2764 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
15 Goals
« on: May 05, 2013, 08:55:40 AM »
As  most of you would remember when T Wallace was in charge he set out to ensure we were kicking over 15 goals per game, which would in turn show an attacking type of football. Now I believe he did this, although some stats may prove me wrong ;D, but from memory we were above that rate once he implemented the strategy.

Now going by the stats below I would have to ask, are we being too defensive against the better sides, what is happening? We have dropped our bundle here, we are not kicking over the 15 consistently!

Against Carlton; 14 goals
Against ST Kilda; 14 goals
Against Bulldogs; 20 goals (this is the target now IMO)
Against Pies; 11 goals
Against Cats; 13 goals

Never mind the two wins against the Saints and Blues, to be up there we must be up there goal wise with the Cats, Swans, Pies...the big teams!!

Thoughts??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: 15 Goals
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:09:38 AM »
What's the point? If we're ever a top 4 side the umps will make sure we are the new Doggies and we never get past a prelim.

VFL umpiring is so much better. They don't try to control the game at all.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Rampstar

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 09:21:21 AM »
As  most of you would remember when T Wallace was in charge he set out to ensure we were kicking over 15 goals per game, which would in turn show an attacking type of football. Now I believe he did this, although some stats may prove me wrong ;D, but from memory we were above that rate once he implemented the strategy.

Now going by the stats below I would have to ask, are we being too defensive against the better sides, what is happening? We have dropped our bundle here, we are not kicking over the 15 consistently!

Against Pies; 11 goals
Against Cats; 13 goals

Never mind the two wins against the Saints and Blues, to be up there we must be up there goal wise with the Cats, Swans, Pies...the big teams!!

Thoughts??

14 goals should be enough to win most games IMHO. If we need to kick 20 to win then thats a problem. Freo try and win by kicking about 10.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 09:47:46 AM »

Against Pies; 11 goals
Against Cats; 13 goals

Thoughts??

14 goals should be enough to win most games IMHO. If we need to kick 20 to win then thats a problem. Freo try and win by kicking about 10.

Clearly it's not against the better sides though, Freo have won games this year kicking above 10 goals and above 15...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 10:53:32 AM »
Terry sad lots of rubbish and like the 16 goals per game it was shitspin, move on ffs

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 11:01:48 AM »
Still need to get our goals up above 15 for mine, keep a close eye out next week against Port.....They can kick big bags when on a roll!!!

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 11:05:08 AM »
We can kick 10, 15, or 20 goals a game but it means diddly squat when the opposition is kicking more

Our problem at the minute is once we start losing the clearances like we did last night late in the 2nd and for most of the 3rd we are goneskis. In part because we are so slow to react to it out on the field
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 11:09:46 AM »
We can kick 10, 15, or 20 goals a game but it means diddly squat when the opposition is kicking more

Our problem at the minute is once we start losing the clearances like we did last night late in the 2nd and for most of the 3rd we are goneskis. In part because we are so slow to react to it out on the field

What I meant was we need to kick at least 20 to win and keep the opposition to 15 or lower, it shows we have an attacking component to our game as well as a defensive one. At the moment we have neither...not for four quarters at least.

Yes agree with this statement.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 11:26:50 AM »
25+ would be nice

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:49 AM »
15 or more to beat the Dons, we kicked 18 to beat the Power and 15 to beat the Dees.....

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 09:57:06 PM »
Still reckon we are better and win more kicking 15 or more....

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 04:09:43 PM »
How many to beat the Eagles and Over 15 to beat the Crows.....Pattern forming???????

"Rucks:

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 04:24:15 PM »
You can kick 15 and lose. Keeping the opposition to less than 80 points will generally win you a game ;)

dwaino

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 04:29:30 PM »
You can kick 15 and lose. Keeping the opposition to less than 80 points will generally win you a game ;)

Or first to 100  :shh

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 04:31:27 PM »

Or first to 100  :shh
... or first to 100  :rollin