Author Topic: We Are Still Mentally Weak  (Read 5686 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
We Are Still Mentally Weak
« on: May 05, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
We have not changed, we are heading back into the tonnel.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: We Are Still Mentally Weak
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 11:43:10 AM »
Just not skillful enough

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 11:44:28 AM »
Go and search mentally weak on this forum...the hits you get go a long long long way back!!!!!

This is nothing new, we are mentally weak, always have been!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

TigerTimeII

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 11:44:58 AM »
agree mentally fragile
things never change

port will flog us

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 12:13:10 PM »
Yes we are.

Nothing has changed in this regard.

Our leaders have been disappointing especially last week and last night.

The club has been spruiking all preseason how we have been training on how to ice a game in the last 2 minutes when in front and they failed to execute the basic fundamentals of defensive mindset you learn in junior footy when I thought they'd been practicing it specifically beggars the questions on our mental application. Really unforgivable if you think about it.

Houli, you'd think he's learnt how to stand goal side of an opponent at a stoppage but continues to make the same mistake week in week out.

Are we dumb? What's the answer? 
Why can't we unearth very good, dour, smart footy players at pick 40+? 
Do we only expect that our first rounders will be any good?
Is our development up to standard? Have we recruited well enough?

Still a lot of unanswered questions so far.
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 12:32:48 PM »
just trying to re call what Leigh Matthews when coaching Brisbane once said about playing Richmond.Something along the lines of stay with them for the first quarter and then they almost always buckle.....Unfortunately the same still applies today.what a damning endictment on our football club

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 12:35:58 PM »
just trying to re call what Leigh Matthews when coaching Brisbane once said about playing Richmond.Something along the lines of stay with them for the first quarter and then they almost always buckle.....Unfortunately the same still applies today.what a damning endictment on our football club

Richmond are an egg, crack the shell and its all soft and gooey inside.

Leigh Matthews understood how mentally week we have been and continue to be now.

Gigantor

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 12:36:57 PM »
Ta Mr Tigra..I figured lethal had put it way better

Gigantor

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 12:43:05 PM »
People say we need more class etc ,and that's true,however I recall John Northey took a team of battlers and had them playing out of their skins ,unfortunately that side was snatched away from swooper by the peanut brigade who ran our football club at that time

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 12:46:48 PM »
People say we need more class etc ,and that's true,however I recall John Northey took a team of battlers and had them playing out of their skins ,unfortunately that side was snatched away from swooper by the peanut brigade who ran our football club at that time

Agree. Look at the attitude of the players under Northey. Kellaway always stood up as did Broderick and Bond. We need to develop mental toughness and resolve

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 12:47:19 PM »
Cheers G.  :cheers

Actually the last time I recall us being a truly tough, hard, smash and crash footy team was in 94-95 seasons when Swooper was coaching us.

Gigantor

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 12:50:11 PM »
Mr Tigra and eliminator isn't that northey type of football what we want to see first and foremost beyond anything else.Get them playing that hungry football first and the rest is just slotting in the pieces

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 12:58:27 PM »
Once the media hype is cut through reality hurts doesn't it

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 01:27:03 AM »
For me our biggest problem is that when the heat is on and pressure cooker we go to water and in our shell.We make stupid decsions ,panic and turn the ball over etc.As for leadership and senior players , I reckon the suns and giants have better players who stand up when the team needs them to and lead by example.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 02:00:59 AM »
agree mentally fragile
things never change

port will flog us

disagree with the last part. I reckon we will beat Port (provided its not a nail biter) and flog Melbourne. We go to water against the good teams far too often though. Hawthorn last year we beat because they aren't a high pressure side. No idea why we have had the wood on Sydney.