Author Topic: Will RFC make the 8 in 2013?  (Read 11583 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rebuild on the Verge of Failure IMHO
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2013, 08:17:19 AM »
just wondering did we play finals under northey in 95..didnt think we did...sheesh my memory is getting bad

:gobdrop :gobdrop

Yeah we did

Still can't believe he didn't coach us again after 95
you can thank mal brown for that.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Rampstar

« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2013, 09:33:24 PM »
How come Stephen Wells and Derek Hine always seem to find quality kids in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of drafts?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2013, 09:40:13 PM »
How come Stephen Wells and Derek Hine always seem to find quality kids in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of drafts?
bigger team covers more territory. Coaches who play those picks in the ones. Gives them a chance to succeed.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2013, 09:48:41 PM »
I know Derek Hines network is about 50 times the size of ours.  He has scouts everywhere.  Some dedicate themselves to just following one or two players for several years!
How can we even hope to compete?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2013, 10:16:05 PM »
It's becoming increasingly clear that Wells or Geelong are doing something very very very very dodgy. Wouldn't be suprised if there's something in the fruit and veg down in sleepy hollow.
Frank likes to donate lots of fruit and veg to the boys.

10 gamers built like 100 gamers.....Pffft!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2013, 10:22:07 PM »
It's becoming increasingly clear that Wells or Geelong are doing something very very very very dodgy. Wouldn't be suprised if there's something in the fruit and veg down in sleepy hollow.
Frank likes to donate lots of fruit and veg to the boys.

10 gamers built like 100 gamers.....Pffft!

Geelong also turf from 8 to 10 players every year almost religiously, even when they win the flag.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2013, 10:44:30 PM »
bigger team covers more territory. Coaches who play those picks in the ones. Gives them a chance to succeed.
"Bigger teams cover more territory"- just going back the last three years (couldn't be bothered going back any further) Collingwood and Derek Hine have drafted kids from the TAC Cup in Melbourne, the WAFL and SAFL..
Haven't really done much different than every other club. Credit where credit is due, Derek Hine and Stephen Wells are geniuses! Frances Jackson is a loser.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2013, 10:52:55 PM »
I'm still waiting for Nanas to put on some muscle.

He's 70kg.
Poor bastard!

......wait a minute!   :huh3
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:55:42 AM by one-eyed »

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2013, 11:10:46 PM »
"Bigger teams cover more territory"- just going back the last three years (couldn't be bothered going back any further) Collingwood and Derek Hine have drafted kids from the TAC Cup in Melbourne, the WAFL and SAFL..
Haven't really done much different than every other club. Credit where credit is due, Derek Hine and Stephen Wells are geniuses! Frances Jackson is a loser.

Beams from Qld, Witts from NSW. As mentioned above they have heaps of blokes in each of those states. We're lucky to have 1 or 2. The kids they pick also get played. Ours die in the black hole of Coburg.

Rampstar

« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2013, 09:39:11 AM »
Another Century on the board.  ;D

gerkin greg

« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2013, 11:39:33 AM »
Notice the Blues went and poached Stephen Wells' 2IC the other day.

Derek Hine went and got another brilliant mind to assist him in Rendell.

The club have the coin and have offered to spend it on extending our recruiting network but FJ does not believe in it. He has stated that a smaller network provides better results. FJ does not play well with others. FJ does not want to be exposed as hack. FJ is a stuffing four eyed fruit.

FJ  :bow :bow

::)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2013, 09:51:46 PM »

Beams from Qld, Witts from NSW. As mentioned above they have heaps of blokes in each of those states. We're lucky to have 1 or 2. The kids they pick also get played. Ours die in the black hole of Coburg.
Only went back 3 years and it was for 2nd and 3rd round draft picks as I said, Beams was 5 years ago and from the QAFL. Pretty sure all clubs would be looking there too. And Witts represented NSW in the Champs and got best player- not really a hidden gem. It only takes one person to identify talent.
It's more about seeing potential than finding them in some sh!ty league. So IMO and from our time with FJ I still think he is a loser and should lose his job starting today. And I hate him.  :scream

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2013, 03:51:51 PM »

Only went back 3 years and it was for 2nd and 3rd round draft picks as I said, Beams was 5 years ago and from the QAFL. Pretty sure all clubs would be looking there too. And Witts represented NSW in the Champs and got best player- not really a hidden gem. It only takes one person to identify talent.
It's more about seeing potential than finding them in some pooy league. So IMO and from our time with FJ I still think he is a loser and should lose his job starting today. And I hate him.  :scream
  :clapping I liked the last line. Still think he needs more help. Rendell would have been awesome. FFS I'd do it for free. I would have shoved him off the mic and picked luke Parker over Batchelor. From memory gerkin is right FJ doesn't want more help though. So then you're right we need a new guy in charge.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2013, 11:02:05 PM »
FJ is a 1 pick wonder.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2013, 11:15:13 PM »
We rarely play kids that we have selected beyond the second round unless we traded that pick for a rusty coke can from the Alcoa plant.

Adam Thompson
Jordan McMahon
Mitch Morton
Mitch Farmer

Come to think of it Ben Nason was the only one I can think of in recent times who was selected beyond a third rounder who played more games than he missed. In Dimma's first year might I add. :help