Author Topic: Luke McGuane's 100th Game this week against Port  (Read 1476 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Luke McGuane's 100th Game this week against Port
« on: May 06, 2013, 04:01:30 PM »
This week it's our turn for a milestone game as Luke McGuane is due to bring up his 100th game

Pretty sure there were lots of folks on this forum who thought he'd never make it to the ton  ;D

===========================
McGuane set for ton
By richmondfc.com.au
3:11pm AEST Monday, May 6, 2013

Reinvented Tiger, Luke McGuane, will reach the league’s 100-game milestone in this Saturday’s Round 7 clash with Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium.

McGuane, who was taken by Richmond with its sixth pick (No. 36 overall) in the 2004 National Draft, made his AFL debut in Round 7 of the 2006 season, against Sydney at Etihad Stadium.

He spent the first six years of his career with the Tigers as a hard-working, key defender, but has thrived since the second half of last season when moved into attack.

Full article:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-05-06/mcguane-set-for-ton
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Luke McGuane's 100th Game this week against Port
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 04:14:47 PM »
Gets his name permanentely on the locker. :thumbsup

Time for us to win a milestone match. :pray

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 04:16:36 PM »
There's a bigger and better silver-lined cloud than the locker name Tucker.  We also get first crack at any progeny under the Father-Son rule!!   ;D

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 04:18:02 PM »
We really struggle with milestone matches. We have not won many. I hope I am badly wrong but this week does not look promising to reverse this trend

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 04:24:15 PM »
yeah, we dont winy many milestone matches, ours or the oppositions. we dont win many games when someone goes on the footy show.we dont win many games when no - one goes on the footy. we dont win many interstate games. we dont win many games in melbourne. we dont win many night games. we dont win many day games....

lets face it, we just dont win many games. all these other thing are irrelevant.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 04:25:04 PM »
If Luke was a race horse he'd be Old Jimmy. Alwats there but never cracking it for anything major unless a quaddie or a straight six was on the line. :help
Personally I'd take the name on the locker.
It's the Lids Cotch etc that need to procreate
Good on Luke.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 04:28:12 PM »
got some reasonable blood lines though, so could sire a goodun.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 04:31:38 PM »
Well done Luke, lets hope you and your team mates can put on a show like the cats did for their milestone players games!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

dwaino

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 04:34:57 PM »
yeah, we dont winy many milestone matches, ours or the oppositions. we dont win many games when someone goes on the footy show.we dont win many games when no - one goes on the footy. we dont win many interstate games. we dont win many games in melbourne. we dont win many night games. we dont win many day games....

lets face it, we just dont win many games. all these other thing are irrelevant.

:lol That's what I was thinking as soon as I started reading your first couple sentences.

Anyway, grats to Luke  :cheers I'm a big fan of McGuane since he has returned to the forward line. Love his endeavor and love how he plays. If the rest of the team who are supposed to have more skill and polish apply Luke's effort then we'd have some superstars on our hands.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 09:11:20 PM »
Anyway, grats to Luke  :cheers I'm a big fan of McGuane since he has returned to the forward line. Love his endeavor and love how he plays. If the rest of the team who are supposed to have more skill and polish apply Luke's effort then we'd have some superstars on our hands.

Agree!!

Bloody milestone games, about time we had one on our side, we seem to play opposition teams all the time who have a huge milestone!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:16:37 PM by WilliamPowell »
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 09:33:58 AM »
“I really am enjoying the fact that I can still tackle, chase, compete and do what I want to do, which I love – hitting bodies – but at the same stage, I get the rewards of having some fun, kicking some goals and going for my marks, without the fear of Eddie Betts or Steven Milne going to rove them and kick the goal if I drop it,” McGuane said.

“If I drop it now, we’ve got little ‘Kingy’, or Nahas, or someone like that, roving it.

“All of a sudden, what you did was a good job because you created a contest, not dropped the ball.”

Full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-05-08/lukes-liberation

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 09:58:52 AM »
heh shows how tough it is for backmen really, Never thought I would see him get his 100th but playing up back has equipped him well to return to a forward role, he knows what gives him the shell grits as a backman so he can dole it back out lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
Get breeding Lukey, we didn't give you 100 games for nothing!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Rampstar

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 10:26:53 AM »
McGuane doesnt need to get moving Richo's the one letting the club down at the moment. Doesnt the lad know how to fire some shots or something. Seriously Richo the boy needs to get himself into action and start having some kids ffs.

tony_montana

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 10:38:11 AM »
Got anyone in mind for a proxinia ramps?   :huh3

Both sets of parents need to have a sit down and he needs to be told "look, this is how it's going to be and you're going to like it!" Old school