Author Topic: Corby goes for 20  (Read 5155 times)

PuntRdRoar

Corby goes for 20
« on: May 27, 2005, 01:54:47 PM »
20 years in the bighouse

Ox

Re: Corby goes for 20
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:07:44 PM »
John Howard u gutless worm.

Says he had no durastiction in Indo and was not in a place to dictate laws to a foreign judicial system....

Does he mean that in the way that he backed George Bush in overthrowing Saddam and then court marshalling him under American Law.

I blame John Howard for being the worst PM of this country,ever.

Moi

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 03:26:22 PM »
I'm sure Derryn will be thumping his chest that the judges didn't fall for her pretty smile and big t@s  ::)
The girl's spent enough time in jail even if she was guilty - which she has given me no reason to believe she is. 
I'll tell you why i feel she's innocent.  If she was part of some syndicate or whatever, she has never once tried to blame someone else or given an inkling that someone else is involved.  You'd think if she was under so much stress, she'd start blaming others.
Poor girl, i hope someone comes to her rescue  :'(

Just wait till he holds the balance of power in the Senate very soon and see how popular he is then - predicting mass chaos in this country like never before. 

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 03:27:50 PM »
Not happy Jan >:(

Big thanks to John Howard and Alexander Downer for doing nothing until it was too late.  Hope they sleep well tonight. :banghead

Beats me how that Abu Bashir whathisname can get 2 years for killing 200 people and Schappelle gets 20!  Drugs has nothing to do with it - just Indonesia giving the bird to the West.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 03:36:04 PM »
Hold the 'phone guys - let's not get political on a footy forum - you won't convince me and I won't convince you and it will all end in tears.  ;)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 04:06:57 PM »
Moral of the story: don't go to schitholes like Indonesia
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 04:08:52 PM by JohnF »

Offline Balmyarmy

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 04:21:38 PM »
Not happy Jan >:(

Big thanks to John Howard and Alexander Downer for doing nothing until it was too late.  Hope they sleep well tonight. :banghead

Beats me how that Abu Bashir whathisname can get 2 years for killing 200 people and Schappelle gets 20!  Drugs has nothing to do with it - just Indonesia giving the bird to the West.

Agree how its sucks, but Indo's look at drug smuggling as worse than terrorism.  It's not anti west at all.  They have zero tollerance to drugs, and even the indo's themsleves get death penalty.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 06:50:30 PM »
John Howard u gutless worm.

Says he had no durastiction in Indo and was not in a place to dictate laws to a foreign judicial system....

Does he mean that in the way that he backed George Bush in overthrowing Saddam and then court marshalling him under American Law.

Agree on the last statement on the basis of the three PMs in my lifetime, but disagree overall. It is never right to interfere in another country's matters - Iraq or Indonesia's, unless there is a gross case of human rights AND there is support amongst the international communtiy. A bully is worse than a two-faced hypocrite IMO. I reckon Hinch was right when he said that we can handle tough punishment for the Bali bombers but not for Schapelle.

I guess the big question everyone is asking is "can Ron Bakir wait 20 years to slot one away?"

2JD

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 07:56:53 AM »
Smug arrogant pr*cks I hope they all rot in hell!!!! And what a waste of time was her court case, why put her through all that sh*t when they paid no attention to her? They shoulda just told her from the start :banghead

Ox

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 06:22:15 PM »

Ox

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 06:34:44 PM »
Corby case shades $4380 pay rise announcement
Michael Harvey, Jason Frenkel and Ben Packham
28may05

MPs hit the jackpot
FEDERAL politicians will be $4380 a year richer after winning a generous pay rise.

MPs were quietly told of their pay packet boost yesterday while the nation's attention was fixed on the Schapelle Corby verdict. To complete a triple outrage, the 4.1 per cent salary increase was well above inflation and came just a day after unions claimed the Government's workplace package would slash wages for everyday workers.

The rise was approved by the Remuneration Tribunal and will take effect on July 1 -- the same day MPs are scheduled to get a $65-a-week tax cut.

The base rate annual salary for backbench MPs and senators will jump from $106,770 to $111,150.

As Prime Minister, John Howard will take home an extra $11,388 as his yearly pay climbs to $288,990.

An extra $8979 a year takes Deputy PM John Anderson's pay to $227,857 while Opposition Leader Kim Beazley will earn $205,627 (up $8103).

The Remuneration Tribunal reviews MPs' pay every year but the last increase was 4 per cent in 2003.

Union chiefs were outraged at the decision.

"It just underlines the hypocrisy of what's going on," ACTU secretary Greg Combet said.

"The lowest-paid workers have their wages held down, but it's OK for John Howard and his buddies to give themselves a big tax cut plus a big pay increase."

Australian Workers Union national secretary Bill Shorten described the rise as obscene.

But federal Workplace Relations Minister Kevin Andrews said it was in line with increases given to public servants. "The salaries of MPs are tied to a level within the public service, so if they have delivered a pay rise they have delivered a pay rise to the public service generally," Mr Andrews said.

He said the Remuneration Tribunal was similar to the Government's proposed Fair Pay Commission, which will determine minimum wages.

Mr Andrews confirmed the Fair Pay Commission was likely to revise the bottom pay rate annually.

Meanwhile, fallout from his workplace package dogged Mr Howard yesterday when he was forced to avoid a union protest near Geelong.

Mr Howard was due to sign a roads funding agreement with Premier Steve Bracks at the site of a new Geelong Bypass.

But he had to change venue when 150 unionists threatened to confront him.

Mr Howard said the reform plan was not an attack on wages, which had risen by 14 per cent in real terms under his Government.

He likened the union movement's reaction to the package to its response to the 1996 Workplace Relations Act.

"The same sort of scare tactics were invoked nine years ago . . . and they were proved wrong," Mr Howard said.

Moi

Indonesian Monopoly
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 05:33:17 PM »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 06:11:54 PM by Moi »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 07:53:55 PM »
Convicted Australian drug trafficker Schapelle Corby has been granted parole more than nine years after she was jailed.

Corby will be required to stay in Indonesia and report regularly to authorities once she is released from prison.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-07/schapelle-corby-granted-parole-in-bali/5217478

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 07:56:17 PM »
couldn't believe the comments from her lawyer the other day  :wallywink
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 08:01:39 PM »
Tony Abbot needs to send out the special ops and smuggle her back to Australia and the set up the Navy in a blockade.  Will take care of two issues with one stone, ie stopping the boats whether smugglers or Indo navy (Assuming there is a difference)