Author Topic: Brett Deledio Captain  (Read 4282 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brett Deledio Captain
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 12:11:11 PM »
Brett Deledio will be Captaining Richmond. (for the first time???)

Has captained us before, against the Eagels in the final round a few years back (2009 IIRC), copped a knee injury in the first qtr looked goneshkis but came back on and our best player

Was sensational that night, true leader

Captained us to a 13 goal loss. Slap that on his poster
2009 & only a 13 goal loss was an achievement to be proud of  :whistle

TigerTimeII

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 03:04:40 PM »
keep it up lids well done so far

TigerTimeII

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »
bog already

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 04:35:12 PM »
Under
Rated

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 04:36:15 PM »
Lids was awesome
Lots of people name their swords......

Rampstar

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 04:38:31 PM »
Brett Deledio will be Captaining Richmond. (for the first time???)

Has captained us before, against the Eagels in the final round a few years back (2009 IIRC), copped a knee injury in the first qtr looked goneshkis but came back on and our best player

Was sensational that night, true leader

Captained us to a 13 goal loss. Slap that on his poster

Captained us to a 7 goal win and a Best on Ground 3 Vote Perfomance. He might stick that on his poster  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 04:43:33 PM »
Lids was a class above today. When we became stagnant and Port kicked a couple, Lids would take ownership of the game, burst through the lines on one of his bouncing runs through the guts and set up a team-settling goal.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 07:06:19 PM »
Lids was a class above today. When we became stagnant and Port kicked a couple, Lids would take ownership of the game, burst through the lines on one of his bouncing runs through the guts and set up a team-settling goal.

Agree MT.  Wish he would do it on a more regular basis, could be a Brownlow medalist if he did.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Out-of-form Deledio's critical response (afl site)
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 07:10:35 PM »
Out-of-form Deledio's critical response
By Harry Thring
afl.com.au
Saturday, May 11, 2013

DURING a fortnight of below-par performances Brett Deledio heard his critics loud and clear – he just didn't care what they said.

The superstar midfielder was back to his match-winning best on Saturday, accumulating 32 disposals in his side's 41-point win after being voted "worst on ground" by Triple M commentator and friend Nathan Brown last week against Geelong.

Deledio said it was difficult to ignore condemnation but he worried only about what people close to him thought.

"You definitely hear it, there's no doubt about that," Deledio said of his critics.

"It's hard … you've got to be careful not to bite back because that's what they're looking for.

"I've had terrific support from 'Dimma' (Damien Hardwick) and internally from the playing group and assistant coaches, my family's been great support; I worry about what they think of me and not what the outside world does."

Hardwick went into bat for his prized ball-winner after the club's one-point loss to Fremantle in round five, pointing out that while Deledio didn't find much of the ball, his opponent David Mundy was kept quiet too.

The coach said criticising players was easy, but to have responded the way Deledio did on Saturday spoke volumes for the 26-year-old's character.

"People make comments and as much as you'd like to ignore them, until you sit there and you're in the chair and they're about you, you don't know how you're going to respond," Hardwick said.

"They easiest job in the world is to be a critic … that's the calibre of the bloke [to respond].

"The best thing Brett can do and he'd be the first to admit this would be to play good footy and that's what he's done for the majority of the day.

"He sets himself an incredibly high standard and he normally delivers on those."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-11/damien-hardwick

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Out-of-form Deledio's critical response (afl site)
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 07:22:51 PM »
Out-of-form Deledio's critical response
By Harry Thring
afl.com.au
Saturday, May 11, 2013

DURING a fortnight of below-par performances Brett Deledio heard his critics loud and clear – he just didn't care what they said.

The superstar midfielder was back to his match-winning best on Saturday, accumulating 32 disposals in his side's 41-point win after being voted "worst on ground" by Triple M commentator and friend Nathan Brown last week against Geelong.

Deledio said it was difficult to ignore condemnation but he worried only about what people close to him thought.

"You definitely hear it, there's no doubt about that," Deledio said of his critics.

"It's hard … you've got to be careful not to bite back because that's what they're looking for.

"I've had terrific support from 'Dimma' (Damien Hardwick) and internally from the playing group and assistant coaches, my family's been great support; I worry about what they think of me and not what the outside world does."

Hardwick went into bat for his prized ball-winner after the club's one-point loss to Fremantle in round five, pointing out that while Deledio didn't find much of the ball, his opponent David Mundy was kept quiet too.

The coach said criticising players was easy, but to have responded the way Deledio did on Saturday spoke volumes for the 26-year-old's character.

"People make comments and as much as you'd like to ignore them, until you sit there and you're in the chair and they're about you, you don't know how you're going to respond," Hardwick said.

"They easiest job in the world is to be a critic … that's the calibre of the bloke [to respond].

"The best thing Brett can do and he'd be the first to admit this would be to play good footy and that's what he's done for the majority of the day.

"He sets himself an incredibly high standard and he normally delivers on those."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-11/damien-hardwick

WTF you mean you wouldn't blame the coach for your bad form, well that's novel

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 09:43:15 PM »
Captains knock today.BOG. :thumbsup

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 10:48:49 PM »
Brown needs to call him and tell him he had a stinker

tony_montana

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 11:27:45 PM »
Where's torch? Hes there pressing the send button on the siren when theres a chance to sink the boots in, takes his time now..

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2013, 07:48:20 AM »
And the good coach who would be choking on his frog cake right now while leaning on a stobie pole lamenting that Schultzy wast going boonta on the tiger back line yesterday
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2013, 12:03:25 PM »
Was better yesterday and loved seeing the running bounces through the midfield.

Great marking from the kick-ins, keep it up!!!