Author Topic: Official Tiger Team -v Melb (Rd 8)  (Read 5599 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Official Tiger Team -v Melb (Rd 8)
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2013, 12:07:23 AM »
This is starting to sound like the Gold Coast game last year, bad omen with Maric out, could be an upset on the cards.

Oompa Loompas could ruck for us tomorrow we aren't losing. :thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2013, 04:52:38 AM »
If the Big Zero can play as well as he did last weekend against Port, we lose nothing on Maric not playing in fact if argue his tap work is a class above Eeeevaaaaans
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2013, 09:44:53 AM »
Richmond (3 changes)

B: Steven Morris        Alex Rance        Troy Chaplin

HB: Chris Newman    Brandon Ellis      Bachar Houli

C: Shaun Grigg         Trent Cotchin     Daniel Jackson

HF: Brett Deledio    Shane Edwards      Jake King

F: Luke McGuane      Jack Riewoldt     Dustin Martin

R: Orren Stephenson   Nathan Foley    Nick Vlastuin

I/C: Matt White, Robin Nahas, Jake Batchelor, Ty Vickery

EMG: Aaron Edwards, Matthew Arnot, Matt Dea

Melbourne (5 changes)

In: Neville Jetta, Mark Jamar, Jack Trengove, James Magner, Jimmy Toumpas

Out: Colin Sylvia  (Suspension), Dean Kent  (Omitted), Jack Viney  (Toe), Jake Spencer  (Omitted), Shannon Byrnes  (Wrist)

B: Neville Jetta, James Frawley, Dean Terlich

HB: Daniel Nicholson, James Sellar, Colin Garland

C: Jack Trengove, Jordie McKenzie, Michael Evans

HF: Luke Tapscott, Lynden Dunn, Jeremy Howe

F: Max Gawn, Chris Dawes, Jimmy Toumpas

FOLL: Mark Jamar, Matt Jones, Nathan Jones

I/C: James Strauss, James Magner, Aaron Davey, Rohan Bail
Total madness that White gets a game today before Arnot. As a coach you couldn't get a better chance to debut a young player than today. DH really needs to be looking forward to the future and not at the present.
Take a look at Geelong at the moment, they have a young kid in Taylor Hunt learning the game in the ones while a seasoned player like Josh Hunt is in the twos (until last night) Now Josh is a better player at present but they are looking to the future and are willing to play some young kids in among the older players.
Now I know our senior players are not the same as Geelongs but playing White in front of  Arnot today  is simply bad coaching.
The other thing playing a young kid like Arnot will inject into the side is run and tackle, hardness and most inportantly ENERGY which at the moment we really lack. This side needs a bit of a shake up or we will just coast along again and end up missing the finals.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2013, 10:00:34 AM »
Richmond (3 changes)

Melbourne (5 changes)

Out: Colin Sylvia  (Suspension), Dean Kent  (Omitted), Jack Viney  (Toe), Jake Spencer  (Omitted), Shannon Byrnes  (Wrist)

Total madness that White gets a game today before Arnot. As a coach you couldn't get a better chance to debut a young player than today. DH really needs to be looking forward to the future and not at the present.
Take a look at Geelong at the moment, they have a young kid in Taylor Hunt learning the game in the ones while a seasoned player like Josh Hunt is in the twos (until last night) Now Josh is a better player at present but they are looking to the future and are willing to play some young kids in among the older players.
Now I know our senior players are not the same as Geelongs but playing White in front of  Arnot today  is simply bad coaching.
The other thing playing a young kid like Arnot will inject into the side is run and tackle, hardness and most inportantly ENERGY which at the moment we really lack. This side needs a bit of a shake up or we will just coast along again and end up missing the finals.
Good post BT.
And you can add Nanas to whites name as well.
You could also add that having Lockup on the emergencies is a ridiculous proposition also because he  won't or shouldn't ever play for us unless there are desperate times.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2013, 10:09:45 AM »
Richmond (3 changes)

Melbourne (5 changes)

Good post BT.
And you can add Nanas to whites name as well.
You could also add that having Lockup on the emergencies is a ridiculous proposition also because he  won't or shouldn't ever play for us unless there are desperate times.
Agree on Nachos. He seems to have lost all his energy and zip. IMO he seems to have cracked the sh!ts with the whole club and is just seeing out time. Let him do it in the Magoos. How many times have you seen a Richmond player look absolutely exhausted after a game from running himself into the ground? I would say Cotch, Martin and maybe Lids this entire year. They just don't seem to get it at all yet!

Gigantor

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2013, 10:12:36 AM »
Big tone I reckon dusty  seems to be doing it just a a tad too easy still....reckon he could dig  even deeper

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2013, 10:28:53 AM »
Big tone I reckon dusty  seems to be doing it just a a tad too easy still....reckon he could dig  even deeper
100% better than last year though. He has been our best player this year. But agree could still push even harder.

Gigantor

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2013, 10:29:56 AM »
yep hes been our best and most consistant

tony_montana

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2013, 10:40:55 AM »
Tony you indeed have a point.The only thing I think is holding Arnott back is a level of consistant effort ,and a tendancy to play the man rather than the ball....but that's just my opinion

Interesting G and with al's post about what he saw on BF regarding his aggression maybe there's more to it.
This is his 2nd year on the list so he's still got time on his side, but wouldve been nice to see him blooded against the rabble

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2013, 11:43:27 AM »

I agree with you BT.  I can't think of a better opportunity to give Arnot a taste than today.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2013, 12:51:09 PM »
Is Newy out?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2013, 01:04:34 PM »
Is Newy out?

Yep and I'm dea-lighted to announce that Matt dea is in
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2013, 01:06:03 PM »
Is Newy out?

Yesssssss the Big Man :clapping

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2013, 01:39:27 PM »
Is Newy out?

Yesssssss the Big Man :clapping

The Demons are going to be feasted on by Matt Dea, a 10 course dea-gustation
It's that simple Spud