Author Topic: RANCE NAHAS and FOLEY  (Read 10635 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RANCE NAHAS and FOLEY
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2018, 05:13:00 PM »
lol at the defenders of all things rance.
if we are smart we will be shopping him around in the hope of getting something decent for him. yes even i am optimistic at times but i dont think rival clubs are dumb enough to give up something decent for a hack.

things that regularly happen
gets beaten one on one, falls over at critical time and often, regularly misjudges the ball in the air, regularly gives away free kicks, regularly gets caught out of position because he lacks a footy brain and he regularly turns the ball over under pressure. he probably concedes more goals than any other defender in the entire comp.
yet all of these things are forgiven in a heart beat because hes courageous he pulls of the odd desperate spoil or has the odd despeate act. unbelievable.

This is probably the most wrong post ever

So way back in 2013 he was not falling over at critical times, was not getting beaten one v one regularly, was not regularly misjudging the ball in the air, was not turning the ball over under pressure and was not regularly concedeing goals.
As i have regularly said i stand by everything i have said about Rance at the time.  he was poor, and this thread shows i was not the only one who saw it.

if you want to revise history just to make yourself look good or join in a 6 yr old thread just to try and score a few cheap points go for it,Says more about you than anything you post.

i stand by what i said head in the sand chucky. He was poor for a good while before he became a good player. and my commentary reflected it.
At the risk of copping more vitriol i still think he struggles standing toe to toe in one v ones.
I think the issue is that you are far too quick to call players duds. Most need a few years of development before you should comment. Rance was like an unbridled stallion when he first started. He has now been an AA for the last 4 years. You are far too quick to criticise and that gets others off side. Also many of the suggested players you have named we should have recruited have ended up bring duds at other clubs. We all have hits and misses. Considering we won a flag and a minor premiership in the last two years our recruiting can't have been that bad when compared to other teams.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2018, 05:26:13 PM »
Hey Claw, I'm still waiting for you to reply to my post about Jayden Short. Get onto it when you get the chance.

Cheers,
AT
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2018, 07:07:46 PM »
5 times consecutive AA with one of those captain but whose counting.......

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2018, 07:14:54 PM »
if we are smart we will be shopping him around in the hope of getting something decent for him. yes even i am optimistic at times but i dont think rival clubs are dumb enough to give up something decent for a hack.

gets beaten one on one, falls over at critical time and often, regularly misjudges the ball in the air, regularly gives away free kicks, regularly gets caught out of position because he lacks a footy brain and he regularly turns the ball over under pressure. he probably concedes more goals than any other defender in the entire comp.
yet all of these things are forgiven in a heart beat because hes courageous he pulls of the odd desperate spoil or has the odd despeate act. unbelievable.

So way back in 2013 he was not falling over at critical times, was not getting beaten one v one regularly, was not regularly misjudging the ball in the air, was not turning the ball over under pressure and was not regularly concedeing goals.
As i have regularly said i stand by everything i have said about Rance at the time.  he was poor, and this thread shows i was not the only one who saw it.

if you want to revise history just to make yourself look good or join in a 6 yr old thread just to try and score a few cheap points go for it,Says more about you than anything you post.

i stand by what i said head in the sand chucky. He was poor for a good while before he became a good player. and my commentary reflected it.
At the risk of copping more vitriol i still think he struggles standing toe to toe in one v ones.
I think the issue is that you are far too quick to call players duds. Most need a few years of development before you should comment. Rance was like an unbridled stallion when he first started. He has now been an AA for the last 4 years. You are far too quick to criticise and that gets others off side. Also many of the suggested players you have named we should have recruited have ended up bring duds at other clubs. We all have hits and misses. Considering we won a flag and a minor premiership in the last two years our recruiting can't have been that bad when compared to other teams.

That’s not head in the sand stuff from you Y&BB, its more like honest appraisal.  the truth hurts sometimes i suppose, the truth is that he’s a 5 time AA, AA captain, premiership full back and this current generations preeminent key position defender thats exactly what you dream of from your kpds.
  if that is not what we wanted from him then yes im guilty of it, but lets face it, the reality is its nothing more than honesty.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2018, 11:34:20 PM »

Rance was recruited in 2007. this thread was bought up from  2013.Too quick i dont think so.  A running commentary is just that a running commentary.
I left Rance alone in his early yrs and tend to NOT comment on players in their early yrs.
Simple fact is and no matter how much tiger supporters want to revise history Rance was poor early.Fact is most players arent great.

So he became a good player that doesnt mean he wasnt poor.

Hey Claw, I'm still waiting for you to reply to my post about Jayden Short. Get onto it when you get the chance.

Cheers,
AT
Why would i reply to a poster whose only intent is to poo stir.
You dont need me to tell you whats wrong with his game its there for any idiot to see.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2018, 11:37:51 PM »
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2018, 08:16:10 AM »
Yes he became a “good” player..... ::)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2018, 08:45:15 AM »
Rance was a fraction better than Oakley Nichols.
Luke McGuane was in a class of his own.
Rance is just a lucky flukey player who has been gifted games.  :lol :lol :lol

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2018, 08:53:36 AM »

Rance was recruited in 2007. this thread was bought up from  2013.Too quick i dont think so.  A running commentary is just that a running commentary.
I left Rance alone in his early yrs and tend to NOT comment on players in their early yrs.
Simple fact is and no matter how much tiger supporters want to revise history Rance was poor early.Fact is most players arent great.

So he became a good player that doesnt mean he wasnt poor.

Cheers,
AT
Why would i reply to a poster whose only intent is to poo stir.
You dont need me to tell you whats wrong with his game its there for any idiot to see.
Rance played his first senior game in 2009. By 2013, he was already a very good player. One on one he kept the best forwards honest. In round 19 he destroyed Buddy Franklin which helped us win the game. The next year he won his first AA.
Are you just making things up as you go along?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2018, 09:40:50 AM »

But imagine how good he could have been if we had traded him to Hawthorn all those years ago.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2018, 10:40:14 AM »
Oh boy.....
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018