Author Topic: Coburg scrape home by 4 pts  (Read 2941 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Coburg scrape home by 4 pts
« on: May 30, 2004, 05:27:38 PM »
ROUND 9
Coburg City Oval  Sunday May 30, 2:00 pm

Coburg Tigers 4.3 8.5 13.13 15.13 (103)
Geelong 4.7 8.10 9.11 14.15 (99)

Goals: Gilmour 2, Rodan 2, Carlson, Morrison, Nicholls, Rogers, Blumfield, Dragicevic, Foley, Raines, O’Connor, Roach, Young. 

Best: O’Connor, Rogers, Tuck, Dragicevic, Rayson, Rodan, Foley, Morrison.

http://vfl.footballvic.com.au/Default.asp?pg=results

« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 07:21:03 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: Coburg scrape home by 4 pts
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 07:12:49 PM »
Tuck was BOG for mine.  He was marking everything.  At one stage in the third quarter he marked the ball on the wing 3-4 times at consecutive contests.  His kicking let him down and he made a few mistakes at times, but he was solid.  He is pretty good in the air.....I wonder why RFC don't try him at CHB.  He's better than any other option we have.  Now that AK is out he will be the obvious replacement.  If he doesn't get a go this week then there's definately other factors coming into play, because on form there would be no-one ahead of him.  Don't expect too much from him if he gets a go.......he's a good ordinary footballer that's a pretty good mark.

Foley and Raines turned the game around in the third......they were quite impressive.  Foley continues to impress and will be a player - watch this space - but I was actually also surprised with Raines.  he keeps improving every game he plays and today was probably his best.

However I am very annoyed with Coburg.  Raines, Foley and Gilmour spent the bulk of the first half on the bench......this is a disgrace.  How are the kids gonna develop ?  When they came on they showed alot......especially Foley.  The development of our young guys down at Coburg is very average at best.

Gilmour - struggled.  Needs alot more time to develop his body.  Won't play seniors for a while.  I'd say Raines is developing better than Gilmour.  but Gilmour is younger.

Roach - kicked the goal of the day but overall struggled.  He was puffing quite hard on a few occassions and came off the ground looking stuffed.  I have no doubt that spending so much time on the bench for richmond has sent his fitness backwards.  Needs more full games at Coburg.......don't even think about bringing him back if he's gonna sit on the bench.

Rodan - very average.  Made alot of mistakes.  Must remain at Coburg.

Morrison - average.  Was mostly playing from behind at contests.  I don't know where or how they can play him as he really struggles at CHF in the VFL.

Draga - tried hard but doesn't have what it takes to take the next step IMO.  Lack of pace and skill is what is hurting him.

Rogers and Dunc - Don't even think about elevating these two.  Tried hard and scragged their opponents on a few occassions, but their skill errors were champagne comedy.

Zantuck - very quiet.  Didn't look interested.  Can't possibly get a call up on that performance.

Blumfield - very average.  Very slow and weak at contests.  Struggles to play well at VFL and on that performance should not get a game any time soon.

Moore - didn't do much.  I have doubts over his physical stature when it comes to playing full back for richmond.  Too short and skinny at the moment.  Does read the play well but I doubt that would be sufficient at AFL level.  Maybe a back flank.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 07:14:49 PM by Harry Hedgehog »
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 12:09:58 AM »
Rogers, Blumfield, Moore and Rodan were mentioned as good players when David Flood was on. Raines was said to have had a good year so far. They didn't ask Flood about Tuck  ???.

As Coburg have the bye, there'll be an intra-club game this weekend (at Coburg I think?).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 09:57:57 AM »
Rogers, Blumfield, Moore and Rodan were mentioned as good players when David Flood was on. Raines was said to have had a good year so far. They didn't ask Flood about Tuck  ???.

As Coburg have the bye, there'll be an intra-club game this weekend (at Coburg I think?).

I think Flood is trying to pump some of these guys tyres.

Rogers battled but some of his errors and turnovers were a disgrace.  Blumfield is really struggling.  If Flood thinks he had a good game then I question Floods abilities as coach.  Rodan ran into trouble too many times for my liking.  Moore was quiet.

IMO Tuck was BOG.  I can't understand why Flood and the RFC are not mentioning him because at the 3 quarter time huddle Flood was really praising his game in front of every one.  Something just doesn't add up when players like Weller, Fletcher, Hilton, Pettifer etc get games ahead of him.  By the sounds of things I won't be surprised if Blumfield and Rogers get a call up before Tuck, but on performance they surely don't deserve to IMO.

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 04:37:56 PM »
I was there too Harry and l agree with you.
Blumfield is disinteresred,and l dont think he'll be at Richmond next season.
He was benched in the 3rd Qtr and made little impact apart from a few overhead grabs.
Foley is quick and exciting to watch,we could do worse than develop him IMO.
Rodan got lost running in circles,Dunc and Rogers battled hard but the game at AFL level would be past them now surely....they are way too pedestrian.
Roach was good in patches(kicked a blinding goal) and is a good sized player for his age.
Raines did well and moves very smoothly.
Zantuck wasn't overly impressive,and turned the ball over at critical times including when the game deciding shot at goal was his and he muffed it totally.
Morrison presented well enough without really stamping any authority on the game.
Gilmour is a long term player it would seem...hes very small and light and needs a lot more time to develop.
Entertainig match and no shortage of nuff-nuffs on the terraces either!
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 04:43:31 PM »
This is a serious question guys because I wasn't there because I was stuck in a plane but.............

I know Billy Nicholls got his cheekbone smahed in the 2nd quarter - how was he going up until that point - I see he had kicked a goal.

As for Blumfield - still disinterested? Seems nothing has improved in the last 3 weeks :-[
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 05:03:43 PM »
Nichols - was very average and didn't impress.  Looks unfit, but I supose he's never looked fit.  A prime candidate for delisting at years end I'd say.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 07:30:50 PM »
Thanks Harry H.

;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 07:36:34 PM »
Roach - kicked the goal of the day but overall struggled. 

Describe the goal to us.

And with there being a bye next week i really would be peed off if Tuck doesnt get to play vs the roos. Im hoping he does.
wrenny