Author Topic: Tigers sick of big-game let-downs (Ninemsn)  (Read 839 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers sick of big-game let-downs (Ninemsn)
« on: May 23, 2013, 07:03:19 PM »
Tigers sick of AFL big-game let-downs
Sam Lienert
Wide World of Sports / Ninemsn
18:10 AEST Thu May 23 2013

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin says the Tigers are determined not to let Saturday night's AFL blockbuster against Essendon turn into another big-game let-down.

The Tigers were in hot form leading into their much-hyped round four encounter with Collingwood, but were blown away by a Travis Cloke-inspired Magpies burst.

Their round six meeting with another AFL powerhouse Geelong also proved disappointing as the Tigers' in-game injuries and ill discipline contributed to the Cats ripping that match out of their grasp.

They plan on not letting something similar happen in Saturday night's annual Dreamtime at the `G indigenous-themed clash.

"We've probably let ourselves down in a couple of the big clashes this season," Cotchin told reporters on Thursday.

"So it's our focus to make sure that our training sessions this week have been the best they've been all season.

"It's important that we continue to rise to the challenges and set the standard.

"And it's exciting, it's a big clash, there's a massive vibe around it."

Cotchin said the Tigers had learnt some lessons from this season's previous blockbusters.

"We've just let ourselves down for whether it's five-10 minutes in a game and that's where the margin gets blown out," he said.

"I think our offence probably wasn't at the standard we really wanted it to be at the start of the season.

"Over the last two to three weeks we've really worked on some of the key areas we needed to get better at and I think we've started to see a little bit of reward."

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8663827

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Tigers sick of big-game let-downs (Ninemsn)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 07:11:20 PM »
We're sick too
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Gigantor

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:20:51 PM »
All of us Mrakov?

Ruanaidh

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 07:53:50 PM »
Let's have this conversation when we finally win a couple....ok RFC.

Gigantor

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »
am I mistaken or have hirdy and the playing group .kept their heads very low this week..is that a good or bad omen?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 07:56:59 PM »
This is more so what I meant in the game thread, I am sick of loosing these big games after the build up.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

tony_montana

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 08:03:24 PM »
am I mistaken or have hirdy and the playing group .kept their heads very low this week..is that a good or bad omen?

Bad, we get sucked into the hype way too much. I know we need to embrace the hype bc in finals there's nowhere to hide, however, just as an observer, they seem to be trying too hard to tell us what they are doing. Do they need to convince themselves? I don't know, but personally I think it would be better if they stopped talking about big game performance rubbish, you're on a hiding to nothing when you do that imo. Just give away nothing, and if u train hard and prepare well it will show.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 08:16:28 PM »
All of us Mrakov?

Yeah we're all sick in the head
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »
I'm just sick of losing.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 08:35:42 PM »

They have but their club was in the news today about their CEO. Could be they are primed or could be they are rooted and will play accordingly.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 08:39:11 PM »

Bad, we get sucked into the hype way too much. I know we need to embrace the hype bc in finals there's nowhere to hide, however, just as an observer, they seem to be trying too hard to tell us what they are doing. Do they need to convince themselves? I don't know, but personally I think it would be better if they stopped talking about big game performance rubbish, you're on a hiding to nothing when you do that imo. Just give away nothing, and if u train hard and prepare well it will show.

Dare I say it TM it is like we are Nought like trying to convince others about us and then convince ourselves.
We are like the kid at school hanging around the cool types who is so out of place yet hangs on the coattail s of these cool types and ends all questions with hey and the Alpha cool types name.

Just go out and play and let it do the talking please.

Remember to also win.

tony_montana

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 08:57:48 PM »

Dare I say it TM it is like we are Nought like trying to convince others about us and then convince ourselves.
We are like the kid at school hanging around the cool types who is so out of place yet hangs on the coattail s of these cool types and ends all questions with hey and the Alpha cool types name.

Just go out and play and let it do the talking please.

Remember to also win.

Indeed, when I wrote that I was thinking of N0ught a few years ago when they were talking it up before each big game and got pantsed each time  :thumbsup

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 09:47:18 PM »
I was sick of it before most of this team was born  :P

tony_montana

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 01:31:44 AM »
 My God we are weak

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 01:44:46 AM »
Yep, dem words that we speak before each big game helped us kick a winning score. Sick of losing tiges or scared of winning?