Author Topic: Dayle Garlett - Worth the Risk??  (Read 86740 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Dayle Garlett - Worth the Risk??
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2013, 03:47:55 PM »
Playing well in the WAFL old Dayle. Not sure what Troy is doing, probably sitting in his mothers basement. If we draft Garlett then he needs to bring gear for everyone. We share the pain at Tigerland

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2013, 03:50:47 PM »
Dayle Garlett will be one of those blokes who will be a t a foooty club foe 3-4 yrs max.
First year gun
Second year some issues will surface that will make some ask questions.
Season 3 and 4 will be a shadow of the player in season one.

Season 5 new club and the cycle starts again.

Pass.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »
What a load of of horse poo. Know the kid personally? Huge sweeping statement

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2013, 04:01:31 PM »

Do you? Anyway I don't for what it's worth but that's just a feeling I get. Needs to fully understand the opportunity he has missed out on and the rewards it provides for him.

If the kid was disciplined enough would have have been drafted by a club last year but alas the kid wasn't due to his attitude and whilst that should not keep him from getting drafted in the future at AFL level I believe given his prior misdemeanours he will not fi into the plans of what RFC need in terms of discipline and attitude right now.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2013, 09:49:07 PM »

Do you? Anyway I don't for what it's worth but that's just a feeling I get. Needs to fully understand the opportunity he has missed out on and the rewards it provides for him.

If the kid was disciplined enough would have have been drafted by a club last year but alas the kid wasn't due to his attitude and whilst that should not keep him from getting drafted in the future at AFL level I believe given his prior misdemeanours he will not fi into the plans of what RFC need in terms of discipline and attitude right now.

It's a forum FFs, sweeping statements and broad assumptions is what we do best

the claw

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2013, 10:58:50 PM »
real genuine pace sublime footskills and footy smarts as well.we are screaming out for a mid like this kid.
hes still going well no trouble and is determined to prove a point.
have to say comparisons to jurrah are ludicrous. he was an 18 yr old who liked to party probably a bit too much and didnt have the maturity to say no or realise what sort of opportunity he was spurning.
we all mature at different times.

weather he works out on a list or not as long as we as a club do due diligence im all for us chasing this kid with a second rounder.
we will have a pick around 10 in the draft if this kid worked out it would be like having two top 10 picks.

at this stage id be over the moon if our first two picks went 1st rnd scharenberg, 2nd rnd garlett. just as long as we have done due diligence and are as certain as we can be that he really wants it bad and can see it thru.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2013, 04:34:33 AM »
We could start tanking now and still not get Scharenberg. Agree with the rest. Garlett has copped his kick in the nuts and responded the right way. If he's there in the 2nd round grab him.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2013, 04:49:08 PM »
 :lol we have a bad loss where our poor attitude and inability to handle pressure shone through and the brains trust start screaming to get a kid that was overlooked in the drafts due to ill discipline and attitude.

like that will solve the problem  ::)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2013, 03:08:49 PM »
get cloke...and buddy

....and hird...get em on the juice and off the grass.....
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2013, 03:30:35 PM »
Should be having a serious look at Dean Robinson  :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2013, 08:07:11 PM »
Should be having a serious look at Dean Robinson  :thumbsup

Info Gerks??

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond one of the 5 clubs that have spoken to Dayle Garlett (H-Sun)
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2013, 03:24:52 AM »
AFL clubs want another look at Dayle Garlett with the talent invited to the national draft combine

Sam Landsberger
    July 30, 2013

DAYLE Garlett looks certain to find an AFL home with clubs queuing up to interview the reformed bad boy.

The man who was overlooked at last year’s drafts due to lifestyle issues is confident he can become a 200-game AFL player after continued brilliant WAFL form this season.

The Herald Sun can reveal Richmond, North Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane Lions and Fremantle have already spoken to the 19-year-old.

He was among 14 Indigenous players invited to the 98-man national draft combine, which will be held at Etihad Stadium in October.

Garlett wants to move to Melbourne and play in the AFL heartland next year. He is spending the week holidaying in Melbourne with his girlfriend.

"It’s a better lifestyle and there’s more opportunities. Melbourne’s a great place like Perth, my home,’’ he said yesterday.

The West Australian was rated a top-10 talent at last year’s draft but was overlooked after a 4am bender on the eve of the pre-season draft.

But those close to Garlett believe he has found stability in his life and are buoyed by the extra fitness he is completing

"I’ve spoken to a few clubs and it’s been positive stuff,’’ Garlett said.

"They tell me what they expect from me at the end of the year and to just keep going. I really want to be a guy that plays 200-odd AFL games, or even more.’’

The 180cm midfield ace has bagged 37 goals this season and was named All-Australian as an under-18 last year.

Garlett trained at Essendon in the lead-up to the pre-season draft and said that experience lit the fuse needed to get his life in order.

An AFL scout last night said Garlett was a "monty’’ to land at a club if he continues to stay out of trouble.

His impact at WAFL level was last year likened to Daniel Wells and Stephen Coniglio at the same age.

AFL clubs submit a list of 70 players they want to test at draft camp, with prospects needing five nominations to earn an invitation.

Garlett said he was "stoked’’ to learn yesterday he had won an invite.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-clubs-want-another-look-at-dayle-garlett-with-the-talent-invited-to-the-national-draft-combine/story-fnelctok-1226687488269

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
So should we be keen on him we will have North and Brisbane that will have their picks before us to get him, if we want to use our first round pick for him...

"Rucks:

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
If he only really wants to play in Melbourne then maybe a chance between NM and Rich.

I'd want Williams to stay if we get this kid.