Author Topic: Dayle Garlett - Worth the Risk??  (Read 85907 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Dayle Garlett - Worth the Risk?? / Richmond has spoken to him [update]
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2013, 08:25:52 PM »
Magic hands, midget's body
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2013, 08:28:51 PM »
We got bigger problems than Shane Edwards. Imo

best hands since diesel hey bents  :shh

If you dont think titch has magic hands you are blind

That's why he should have been in the forward line more often this year, occasional rotation in the middle is fine look at how many goals he kicked this year compared to last?

Goals 2012 = 29

Goals 2013 = 11
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

tony_montana

« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2013, 08:29:05 PM »
We got bigger problems than Shane Edwards. Imo

best hands since diesel hey bents  :shh

If you dont think titch has magic hands you are blind

never said he didn't, but 2nd behind diesel?  ::)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2013, 08:53:15 PM »

You are assuming one big thing WP.
Maybe he has been told not to show interest in anyone else by a certain club as he will be guaranteed a spot. :-X

Well one would hope he hasn't received that sort of advice because that's called draft tampering by him and any club who in on the scam

Actually it's not a smart move on so any fronts.  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2013, 08:55:48 PM »
1 - Greg Williams
2 - Sam Mitchell
3 - Shane Edwards

;)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2013, 09:27:37 PM »

Maybe he has been told not to show interest in anyone else by a certain club as he will be guaranteed a spot. :-X

Well one would hope he hasn't received that sort of advice because that's called draft tampering by him and any club who in on the scam

It's only draft tampering if he says he refuses to go anywhere except a particular team.  Players are not obliged to have to see any teams recruiting staff.
Happened with Josh Caddy the year before last.  His management said he would only talk to Essendon.  Put every other club off.  Essendon just couldn't come up with the right deal in the end and he stayed the extra year at GC.  Caddy was never punished.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2013, 09:29:29 PM »

It's only draft tampering if he says he refuses to go anywhere except a particular team.  Players are not obliged to have to see any teams recruiting staff.
Happened with Josh Caddy the year before last.  His management said he would only talk to Essendon.  Put every other club off.  Essendon just couldn't come up with the right deal in the end and he stayed the extra year at GC.  Caddy was never punished.

Are you certain he didnt speak to other clubs?

;D  ;)

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2013, 09:35:13 PM »

;D  ;)
Yes. Can remember his manager in an interview a few months later saying that at the time he told other clubs not to bother as Caddy wanted to go to Essendon. Certainly raised my eyebrows!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2013, 09:48:27 PM »

;D  ;)
Yes. Can remember his manager in an interview a few months later saying that at the time he told other clubs not to bother as Caddy wanted to go to Essendon. Certainly raised my eyebrows!

Why because his manager said it? Never trust player managers  ;)  ;D

BTW think the rules are different for draftees than for players on lists when it comes daft tampering

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2013, 09:56:27 PM »

;D  ;)

Why because his manager said it? Never trust player managers  ;)  ;D

BTW think the rules are different for draftees than for players on lists when it comes daft tampering
At the time, the manager had nothing to gain by coming out with this fact, so I doubt he made it up.
You might be right about different rules but I'm not sure.
I am sure that it is not draft tampering if you don't turn up for an interview.  Proving that you didn't because another team told you they'd draft you would be impossible.  Things like that happen all the time WP.  They cannot be stopped.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2013, 10:26:30 PM »
If we retain Choco then take a punt on the kid. Choco is the man to sort this kind of kid out IMO.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »
Agree, but only way to get him is to draft him. I'm guessing he will be taken between our 1st and 2nd pick, and to be honest RFC probably is not interested  :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2013, 01:47:59 PM »
Agree, but only way to get him is to draft him. I'm guessing he will be taken between our 1st and 2nd pick, and to be honest RFC probably is not interested  :banghead

Tigers have already said their not interested

Really think we should be going all out for this kid.......
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/coach-slams-rumours-about-exciting-west-australian-draft-prospect-dayle-garlett/story-fni5f22o-1226721153130

Was an interesting read.

Good to see his coach sticking up for him. But it would be good if his coach explained why he didn't show at that interview with Port. "He wasn't well" doesn't cut it.

Also, think the kid needs to understand that it's not just about his footy there are other things that clubs are weary of, have concerns about and he needs to address them with clubs. Not showing for an interview does damage rather than help

Can I also say I am not sure exactly having to tell your mates you didn't get drafted was a massvie kick in the guts  :huh

Clearly I am getting old

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2013, 01:50:37 PM »
tigers wouldnt know how to develop an aboriginal kid so best we pass him.

Since Michael Mitchell we have had no one yet we house that centre

if buddy came over who knows how he would've ended up.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.