Author Topic: Dayle Garlett - Worth the Risk??  (Read 85887 times)

Online Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: Dayle Garlett - Worth the Risk?? / Richmond has spoken to him [update]
« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2013, 09:31:09 AM »
If he was still around at pick 58, yep go for it, certainly wouldn't gamble a 1 or 2 rounder on him he s going to have some work to do acclimatizing to the big smoke :shh

looking forward to bringing this comment up when garlett starts making an impact, while we are keeping with the tried and tested spuds of edwards and co. mate king is finished and edwards is rubbish. we havent had a good crumber since god knows when.

wouldnt gamble a second rounder on him? disagree i say he is worth a second, if it came from trading out edwards who i dont rate at all and would be glad to see the back of.
this post shows you haven't watched him much.

Watched who be specific.

Edwards?

Unlike probably you I watched him closely for the last 7 years and mr potential is our answer to a small forward as what mcguane is to the lions

Gartlett's worth would be different to most teams. My view is he'd be worth a second round pick for us. The reality for RFC this year is that the following players debuted for the RFC this year:

Arnott, Vlastuin, McDonogh. Other than Flossy, the other two played 3 or 4 games between them. The players who were drafted in the last three/ four years who didn't get a game, or a regular spot in the 22: McBean, MacIntosh, Elton, Griffiths, Helbig, Batchelor, Dea, Astbury, Derickx and O'Hanlon. That is also not including rookie listed players. My point is that now, our list is very settled, and the result is that young players are not going to be gifted games, or play a lot of games. So what happens if we take Gartlett and he becomes a distraction and gets axed (like say Connors or MacDonald)? It doesn't majorly impact our youth stocks much at all. It would be different say 2 or 3 seasons ago when there would have been an expectation that someone selected at the later picks would still be likely to play an AFL game in the short term at some point. Thats not changed. I'm all for taking Gartlett, putting him on a tight behavioural leash.

In saying all that, I believe there is some sitautions that Gartlett has found himself in the last couple of years which were not reported in the media but widely known about in AFL circles which were extremely detrimental to his draft position. 

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2013, 10:22:37 AM »
If he was still around at pick 58, yep go for it, certainly wouldn't gamble a 1 or 2 rounder on him he s going to have some work to do acclimatizing to the big smoke :shh

looking forward to bringing this comment up when garlett starts making an impact, while we are keeping with the tried and tested spuds of edwards and co. mate king is finished and edwards is rubbish. we havent had a good crumber since god knows when.

wouldnt gamble a second rounder on him? disagree i say he is worth a second, if it came from trading out edwards who i dont rate at all and would be glad to see the back of.

Watched who be specific.

Edwards?

Unlike probably you I watched him closely for the last 7 years and mr potential is our answer to a small forward as what mcguane is to the lions
This is the Garlett thread is it not? I presumed as a Richmond fan you would watch Edwards each week.  ;D

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: November 04, 2013, 08:39:28 PM »

Watched who be specific.

Edwards?

This is the Garlett thread is it not? I presumed as a Richmond fan you would watch Edwards each week.  ;D

apologies then, i misunderstood.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

the claw

« Reply #198 on: November 04, 2013, 08:47:10 PM »
i breckon he will go in the top 30 could go top 20.
pick 28 come  32 would be handy to have right now.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #199 on: November 04, 2013, 08:48:32 PM »
Could go be around by our third pick

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2013, 09:12:29 PM »
i breckon he will go in the top 30 could go top 20.
pick 28 come  32 would be handy to have right now.

doubt it would've made any difference.

He will go before then.

Bombers no small forward will be next in line if hawks don't with their first pick.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

gerkin greg

« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2013, 09:45:30 PM »
based on what?

sounds exactly like last year lmao

"will be gone by our second pick  :banghead"

nek minnut

good luck to the kid anyway

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #202 on: November 04, 2013, 09:59:30 PM »
Could go be around by our third pick

Could be....may not be
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Gigantor

« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2013, 09:32:32 AM »
So people are prepared to take him with all the baggage?..we have one player who takes up a lot of resources to keep in line,certainly don't need to tax those resources to the limit with another,no matter what his brilliance is or might be

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2013, 10:08:45 AM »
Martin is a tosser

But he can play a bit ..

Gigantor

« Reply #205 on: November 05, 2013, 10:15:55 AM »
Its interesting to note that over the past few months both Dimma and Richardson have talked about getting people of character to the club. Would that include people like Garlett?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #206 on: November 05, 2013, 11:03:55 AM »
How many people with good football ability and character going to be left at 50 and 70?

Gigantor

« Reply #207 on: November 05, 2013, 01:01:14 PM »
Lets see how many are indeed left that late.Didnt james Hird go in the 70s?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #208 on: November 05, 2013, 01:13:14 PM »
Its interesting to note that over the past few months both Dimma and Richardson have talked about getting people of character to the club. Would that include people like Garlett?

G when they said character, I don't they meant the Cartoon variety.  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #209 on: November 05, 2013, 01:27:08 PM »
Lets see how many are indeed left that late.Didnt james Hird go in the 70s?

What year was injection Jim drafted?