Author Topic: Official Tiger Team -v- West Coast (Rd 10)  (Read 14578 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official Tiger Team -v- West Coast (Rd 10)
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 06:57:25 PM »
so the match committee are expecting an injured player who cant jump or kick and a kid who plays with a lack of intensity to the point he has been subbed of twice so far this season to counter cox and nic nat?

bend over fellas and take it like a man
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 07:11:46 PM »
so the match committee are expecting an injured player who cant jump or kick and a kid who plays with a lack of intensity to the point he has been subbed of twice so far this season to counter cox and nic nat?

Geez truth hurts. We're stuffed.  :help

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 07:13:14 PM »
Good ins but should have included Big O. Hope Astbury plays.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 07:13:54 PM »
In: A.Edwards, Astbury, Arnot, Dea, Helbig

Out: Nahas, McGuane (both omitted)

:bow

Lonergan still ?  ::)
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 07:18:58 PM »

i think our midfielders need to learn how to get possessions from a dominating opposition ruckman. You arent always going to win in the ruck so good midfielders still manage to win the ball regardless. Again watching our set up at centre bounces on occasions we almost zone rather than man on man, if we do that then we will get smashed. Need some decent strategy to stop players receiving from the ruckmen on the run, should be able to block them off to stop the fast transition into their forward 50.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 07:19:23 PM »
Whoa, nice depth their Tigers :clapping..Now put it to work :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 07:23:13 PM »
Must play Arnott and Edwards.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »

i think our midfielders need to learn how to get possessions from a dominating opposition ruckman. You arent always going to win in the ruck so good midfielders still manage to win the ball regardless. Again watching our set up at centre bounces on occasions we almost zone rather than man on man, if we do that then we will get smashed. Need some decent strategy to stop players receiving from the ruckmen on the run, should be able to block them off to stop the fast transition into their forward 50.
our midfielders have plenty of experience roving to the opposition ruckman, they have been doing it for years. last year we saw what a difference it makes to have a ruckman that can win tap outs, negate the opposition ruckman if he cant beat him and also give  second efforts in blocking, shepherding and generally letting the opposition mids know he is about when the ball hits the deck.

personally i'd prefer a ruckman that does that rather than expecting our mids to play with the knowledge we will get smashed in the ruck and adapting to that.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
Good ins but should have included Big O. Hope Astbury plays.

He s in dont worry :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 07:46:27 PM »
Cant wait till after the bye to see Pettard, Lonergan, Jackson and Grigg in the same side

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 07:47:55 PM »
Cant wait till after the bye to see Pettard, Lonergan, Jackson and Grigg in the same side

:lol oh please for the love of god. We should give our license to Tassie.

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 07:50:48 PM »

our midfielders have plenty of experience roving to the opposition ruckman, they have been doing it for years. last year we saw what a difference it makes to have a ruckman that can win tap outs, negate the opposition ruckman if he cant beat him and also give  second efforts in blocking, shepherding and generally letting the opposition mids know he is about when the ball hits the deck.

personally i'd prefer a ruckman that does that rather than expecting our mids to play with the knowledge we will get smashed in the ruck and adapting to that.
Unfortunately with Maric not playing at the same level i think we need to change tactics a little and go back to the Gus days, i think at the moment they are positioning as they did last season but with him down on form (injured?) he just hasn't been as dominant so as a result our clearances out of the middle are down, i think av.hit out stats show us to be well below average this year compared to near average last season.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 08:07:08 PM »
We don't need to go back to the Gus days Lozza, we could just play O, who has shown he can win us a few tapouts and give our mids a bit of a blockout.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »

Unfortunately with Maric not playing at the same level i think we need to change tactics a little and go back to the Gus days, i think at the moment they are positioning as they did last season but with him down on form (injured?) he just hasn't been as dominant so as a result our clearances out of the middle are down, i think av.hit out stats show us to be well below average this year compared to near average last season.
all the more reason to play two rucks

We don't need to go back to the Gus days Lozza, we could just play O, who has shown he can win us a few tapouts and give our mids a bit of a blockout.
:thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 08:11:21 PM »
Really hope all 5 get a game.

really think we are one tall too few again. would love to see astbury at chb for this week and a kid like elton or griffiths play alongside riewoldt and vickery forward.

dea at hb we just have to give this kid a decent run at it.
astbury at chb relaeasing rance to third man up. pretty clear we will play him forward though.leaving just two tall backs in rance lol, and chaplin.
a edwards to a forward pocket but id play him as a medium rather than a tall.
arnot and helbig to the bench as a part of midfield rotations.

outs for mine are no brainers.
white -  shocking sml  player with below average skills.
nahas - another sml with lousy skills who is not afl standard,
mcguane - one who tries his guts out but is not afl standard. a tall who should be replaced by a genuine tall.
lonergan - slow poorly skilled in fact lousy kick who for an inside player finds little ball what were they thinking when they rookied him.
grigg - tall mid whos output is way down. hes average at best with kicking and he lacks a defensive game.

by dropping all 5 we lose very little apart from experience.

i agree with others we are behind the 8 ball with our ruckmen but the fact is theres nothing we can do about it. if anyone saw the way cox and naitanui tore stephenson up last yr they would not be advocating we play him. wont matter who we play against those two they will hurt us.