Author Topic: AFL does us no favours  (Read 2833 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
AFL does us no favours
« on: May 30, 2004, 11:50:05 PM »
This is not trying to make an excuse for our poor old side or admin but the AFL has done us no favours with the fixture this year (or last) in terms of thinking of our members and supporters. We've already had 3 straight away games earlier on in the year (which equates to a month between home games) and we're now going through another 3 game away stretch. Add to that 3 interstate games in one month. Given that footy fans like to get into the habit of going to the footy I'd reckon this has really hurt us. Two lots of a month with no footy can have the effect of people finding other things to do. Yes we get a number of home games (and hence a positive cash-flow) in the second half of the year but if the season is gone by then (as it looks it will be) then home crowd numbers will be down (and so less $$$) compared to having those home games earlier on in the season.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: AFL does us no favours
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 07:57:31 AM »
And yet how "lucky" have Collingwood been with their lack of interstate games etc etc.  Maybe Clinton should try flexing his muscles (if he has any) and show the members and supporters how worth he is.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 09:14:16 AM »
The only way we are going to be taken seriously at AFL level is to win games consistently.

Clubs with high memebership numbers, that win and are competitive on a regular basis have the clout with the AFL. They are the ones that get the favourable draws.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 12:00:13 PM »
Greg Souvlaki Dimitriou hates us.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 03:26:51 PM »
A gyros souvlaki from Hollywood Palace is the way to go...poo im so hungry now! Gyros Souvlaki should become the recognised official food of the RFC...Im off to get one now!

Ox

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 06:19:20 PM »
Mmmmmmmmm.
Also love their toasted ham,cheese,tomato and onion sandwhiches come
3am.
Dont forget the iced donut for desert
and say hello to spiros for me ! ;D