Author Topic: Richmond vs Adelaide - Round 12, 2013  (Read 10856 times)

Rampstar

Re: Richmond vs Adelaide - Round 12, 2013
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2013, 02:55:23 PM »
Good courage from Astbury but he looks slow at there. Dont know why we chose him over Batch, would rather batch any day.

It must be a big shock after the speed of the AFL to get a game in the big league after so long out.  Reckon it might take him a couple of games to get used to the pace of play.

Batch hurt his knee during the week running over one of the gutters and punt road from what I know.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »
Boys seem to be going well.

No injuries I hope.. :pray
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2013, 03:05:48 PM »
Boys seem to be going well.

No injuries I hope.. :pray
Astbury copped some friendly fire from Morris but just winded. Nothing else to report so far.  :cheers

dwaino

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »
Good courage from Astbury but he looks slow at there. Dont know why we chose him over Batch, would rather batch any day.

It must be a big shock after the speed of the AFL to get a game in the big league after so long out.  Reckon it might take him a couple of games to get used to the pace of play.

That's right.  I can't remember who said it, but apparently it takes around 3 games to adjust from VFL to AFL and even vice versa.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2013, 03:20:32 PM »
That's good to hear...GO TIGES!!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Rampstar

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2013, 03:44:01 PM »
Very good defensive performance today. If we can keep them to below 8 goals for the match then I think it would have been a great performance.

dwaino

« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2013, 03:44:10 PM »
Dwayne Russell "they won't have the lead at 3/4 time" talking about Adelaide about 20 seconds before the end of the quarter.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »
Would like to see us beat them by 6 goals plus.

"Rucks:

Rampstar

« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2013, 03:47:58 PM »
Would like to see us beat them by 6 goals plus.

Right now any win would be a good win. Bloody hell conceded 2 goals in 5 minutes.

dwaino

« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2013, 03:50:41 PM »
My mate has a theory that he swears by. First to 100 wins.

dwaino

« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2013, 04:05:35 PM »
lol Dusty denied Azza.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2013, 05:13:50 PM »
Good workmanlike performance by the boys today, nothing spectacular but did the basics well and responded well to the Crows mini comeback in the last. These are the games we should be winning, pleasing thing was as per the West Coast game it was an even contribution across the team although Lids did dominate given the extra freedom he was allowed today.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2013, 05:33:11 PM »
We won every quarter, IMV can't get any better than that.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Ruanaidh

« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2013, 05:59:23 PM »
Credit where/when it is due. There were contributors all over the ground today.. Maric, whilst being beaten in H/Outs was majestic around the ground. Our back-line again stood up with Houli/Lids being best among them. The mids struggled at times but when they went forward they were deadly. Jack played a great selfless game. Tyrone....is Tyrone......and Azza is trying hard but is just not up to it IMO. Jacko did many hard 1%'s today that didn't get on the stat sheet, so whilst Dangerfield clearly beat him he made sure that most of the time he was pressured. BTW I'm bewildered as to why Astbury was subbed and not Edwards. He had a 'purple patch' just before he was dragged and should have been moved down forward.

tony_montana

« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
one word sums up today - professional and clinical (ok 2 words)

Really happy we broke down another barrier and won one of these type of games. Crows were smarting, we're coming off the bye, danger game and we handled it coolly. Our structures are becoming solid and repeatable, starting to look really well drilled. Funnily enough I don't think we're playing great football, we're 'just going' and have a pretty big scope to improve on current form. 3-4 games with this midfield together and we will really start to motor.

Biggest positive out of today apart from having our full compliment of midfielders out there, was the way Ivan moved. First time in 12 months he has moved that freely and looked that spritely. Dare I say he is over that groin?  :pray

Good solid win boys, very good crowd given the conditions and the carpark, back it up with 2 more wins on the trot and we are all but playing finals in 2013  :cheers