Author Topic: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Round 13, 2013  (Read 9345 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Round 13, 2013
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2013, 11:12:46 AM »
Dogs for the win

Haven't had an epic meltdown around here for a while, the trolls have been boring, let's get things back how they used to be Tiges  :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2013, 12:25:05 PM »
"where my trolls at? Bark wit me now"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2013, 12:34:23 PM »
VIDEO: Spotlight on Round 13

Richo and assistant coach Brendon Lade preview tomorrow night's Bulldogs game:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-06-20/spotlight-on-round-13

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »
Dogs for the win

Haven't had an epic meltdown around here for a while, the trolls have been boring, let's get things back how they used to be Tiges  :thumbsup

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2013, 12:47:04 PM »
The TigerArmy (AFL) ‏@TheTigerArmyAFL twitter:

"#AFLDogsTigers theres gunna be about 35,000 fans on Saturday night gunna be a sea of yellow and black #gotiges"

Don't think he has a clue about how much there will actually be. 40k is more likely imo

Depends how many Tiger fans turn up and we all know that we (Tiger fams) dont' like going to Docklands ;D

Well, there was 42k in Round 3 wasn't there? I know it's not our home game but surely we make the trip over on a Saturday night (we're in the 8 too)
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2013, 01:22:29 PM »
Current bookie odds

Richmond     $1.10
W.Bulldogs  $7.00

Line is 37.5 pts.

https://www.tab.com.au/#!/vic/sports/betting/standard/AFL/AFL/Wst-Bulldogs-v-Richmond/Head-To-Head

Expert tips

Herald-Sun   27 - 3
The Age        22 - 2

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2013, 03:34:14 PM »

dwaino

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2013, 03:39:55 PM »
Is that their numbers in brackets? Because recently #10 has given me the poos for having NFI in general.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2013, 05:06:50 PM »
That is how many times they sh 1t me in any given quarter of football
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »
fairweather sooks

They don't tough it out like those of us that watch it at Parap Tavern hey Al.

:help

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2013, 08:32:24 PM »
had some big sessions at docklands, but they pale into insignificance .....
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2013, 08:54:15 PM »
 :lol   I know I was damn pale for most of the next day.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2013, 10:01:27 PM »
Opposition Analysis: Midfield battle imminent
westernbulldogs.com.au
4:48pm AEST Friday, June 21, 2013

Western Bulldogs vs Richmond
Saturday 22 June 2013, 7:40pm
Venue: Etihad Stadium

Head-to-head:

Round 3, 2013: Richmond 20. 15. (135) defeat Western Bulldogs 10. 8. (68), Etihad Stadium
Round 20, 2012: Richmond 22. 18. (150) defeat Western Bulldogs 12. 8. (80), MCG
Round 8, 2011: Western Bulldogs 23. 15. (153) defeats Richmond 18. 10. (118), Etihad Stadium
Round 2, 2010: Richmond 7. 6. (48) defeated by Western Bulldogs 17. 18. (120), MCG
Round 11, 2009: Richmond 14. 5. (89) defeated by Western Bulldogs 24. 13. (157), Etihad Stadium

Last time they met:

*    Trent Cotchin (36 disposals), Dustin Martin (35 disposals, two goals) and Jack Riewoldt (five goals) were dominant for the Tigers, while Ryan Griffen (30 disposals, eight clearances, one goal) and Liam Jones (four goals) fired for the Bulldogs

*    Richmond controlled the play for much of the game, collecting 108 more disposals than the Western Bulldogs

*    Will Minson dominated the hitouts with 32 to Ivan Maric’s 16

*    The Bulldogs played one man down for much of the match with Easton Wood injuring his hamstring and forcing the Bulldogs to substitute Clay Smith on in the first quarter

Recent Form

Western Bulldogs

The Bulldogs need a solid start to make amends for the first half against Collingwood last week. While the Dogs have shown they can be competitive against quality opposition, their downfall has been in short lapses which allow their opponent to break the game open. Seven of the Bulldogs players named against Richmond have played less than 15 games, however the performances of Michael Talia, Brett Goodes, Jason Johannisen and the 2012 draftees justifies the selection. Senior Coach Brendan McCartney has been clear in his focus on development and youth this season and the injection of pace and polish from the young pups has been more than promising.

Richmond

Sitting one game clear in the top eight, Richmond will be determined to get the win on Saturday and further their crusade towards finals. Winning four of their past five appearances, the Tigers are stamping their authority on the competition and finding form towards the business end of the competition. Forward Powerhouse Jack Riewoldt sits comfortably in second place in the Coleman race, while their midfield is proving explosive. After a number of years on the fringe of a finals, Richmond are more adamant than ever in making an appearance this September.

Key matchups and game breakers

*    In round three, Richmond kept Tom Liberatore from having his usual influence around the stoppages with just two clearances. The competition’s current leading clearance winner’s ability to work his way into tomorrow’s game will be vital in the Bulldogs’ gaining first touch.

*    The Bulldogs have put a lot of faith in their most recent draftees, with Lachie Hunter the fifth to make his debut this season. The father-son selection joins Nathan, Hrovat, Jake Stringer, Jack Macrae and Brett Goodes to have been blooded this year, who are also named in the round 13 lineup.

*    Richmond’s midfield depth has posed headaches for a number of opposition sides this year with Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin and Brett Deledio in fine form. The Bulldogs’ must apply pressure across the midfield to restrict their forward entries and prevent them from finding space to play on their own terms.

What we said:

"They remember the start where they got us, how non-thinking we were around the ball and how they were able to play the way they wanted. They gave us a pretty good working over so it's our challenge to deal with that. They have a perception of us and how they think they can beat us and we've got to be able to deal with it and play well."

- Bulldogs Senior Coach Brendan McCartney

What they said:

“Contested ball, they’re very, very good.  Their ability to win clearances is very good. We’ve got to make sure we combat them in those two areas, and it’ll give us a good chance to win.  It’s going to be a tough game. Every week is a challenge, and this week is no different.  We just need to worry about what we can control, and that’s playing good, solid football for a consistent four quarters.”

- Richmond Senior Coach Damien Hardwick

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-06-21/opposition-analysis-midfield-battle-imminent