Author Topic: Richmond re-signs four players including Brandon Ellis and Nick Vlastuin  (Read 2543 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-resigns-four-players-including-brandon-ellis-nick-vlastuin/story-fndv8t7m-1226665859062

RICHMOND has locked away young guns Brandon Ellis and Nick Vlastuin.

Former skipper Chris Newman - still in search of his first finals appearance after 224 games - and cult hero Jake King have also signed for next year.

Vlastuin, 19, has played just seven games but yesterday committed to the Tigers until the end of 2016.

Ellis, 19, has signed for two more years.

"They started talking to my manager the week before the Melbourne game ... and I said whatever they offer me, just take it - I want to sign,'' Ellis told the Herald Sun.

"We are on the verge of something special in the next few years, I think.

"We've just got so much confidence in where the group is going. The last two weeks we've played the brand of footy we knew we could.
"The boys believe in each other and we want to share the success together that is hopefully around the corner.''

A star-studded group including Jack Riewoldt, Dustin Martin, Reece Conca, Dylan Grimes and Alex Rance are yet to commit beyond this year, but Richmond football boss Dan Richardson said talks were ongoing.

"We hope to secure a number of our other key players in the coming months,'' he said.
"It's a fantastic result for the club to extend the contracts of two of its brightest prospects and two of its most loyal servants.

"Brandon and Nick represent the future at Richmond, and they've already shown Tiger fans why they are regarded so highly within the club.

"Chris has been an incredible player and leader over a long period of time, and Jake has been a great story of persistence and hard work.

"Along with Trent Cotchin's contract extension last month, our list is in good shape for the future."

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
"They started talking to my manager the week before the Melbourne game ... and I said whatever they offer me, just take it - I want to sign,'' Ellis told the Herald Sun.

Yesssssssssssssssssss Big Brando  :clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Only worrying one is Jack IMO.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

All the other big clubs that have played finals recently don't have issues signing players yet we do.
How does that work?

Unless they are asking for something rediculous like 800k plus I can't understand how we are close to TTP.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Good news but would like others signed up as soon as possible

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
All the other big clubs that have played finals recently don't have issues signing players yet we do.
How does that work?

They don't? Really?

In 2012 it was Cloke - ring a bell? Took all season. While our big re-signing last year was Deledio and it was done on the eve of the season, no issues there.

Right now look Franklin one of the biggest names in the game; he wont sign and it appears it will drag on all season too. Ditto with Thomas & the Pies

Think it happens at every club, we are no different.

Lower clubs target "name" players in the hope they can snag a big fish to boost their crappy stocks.

Our players will get targeted more now as we move up the ladder. Reality of the comp

Not worried about Jack, it's all about posturing and for Jack with a new manager (Pickering) there seems to be more posturing this time.

It will sort itself out. Feel the same about this situation as I did with the Lids thing last year, it will happen ;D

And BTW for people's info the total salry cap this seaosn is $9.14mil and clubs must pay 95% of it = $8.863mil.

To hit at that number we'd have a few blokes on bigger money than they probably should be  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

Great commnet and lesson to his much vaunted team mates yet to sign  :clapping Well done young man :bow
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

Brandon Ellis just went up afew categories in my estimations of people. The boy seems to have put loyalty ahead of money. Im sure down the track this loyalty will be rewarded.  :clapping

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Looks like Nazi youth but is OK in my book.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Looks like Nazi youth but is OK in my book.

:lol  :lol  :lol

Very funny Bents.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Meh signings,As if Vlas or Ellis were ever going to leave.
Waiting for the big one.
MCGUANE PUTS PEN TO PAPER

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
"Aaron Edwards rewarded with fine form with two year extension"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
:ROTFL  :ROTFL
Now that's funny!  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

dwaino

Re-signing the Flosster in his first year  :clapping

gerkin greg

Meh signings,As if Vlas or Ellis were ever going to leave.
Waiting for the big one.
MCGUANE PUTS PEN TO PAPER

I miss Craig Cameron's jokes