Author Topic: Richmond re-signs four players including Brandon Ellis and Nick Vlastuin  (Read 2539 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I am not concerned about Jack but Martin is kind of a worry for me, if choco goes maybe he would look at it too.

I just hope they both sign and soon.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
I am not concerned about Jack but Martin is kind of a worry for me, if choco goes maybe he would look at it too.

WAT, my gut feel is Dusty is closer to signing than Jack at the moment and that both will stay.

Not worried about either  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Good work, Chris.....

gerkin greg

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

WAT, my gut feel is Dusty is closer to signing than Jack at the moment and that both will stay.

Yeah agree, I would just hate to lose Martin though, hell I really reckon this kid could win the Brownlow!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
RFC general manager of football, Dan Richardson on SEN (Audio)
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 02:28:34 PM »
AUDIO: Dan Richardson; General Manager of Football at Richmond (10:10 mins)

Dan Richardson speaks to Kevin Bartlett on Hungry for Sport about 4 key re-signings for the Tigers. They include former captain Chris Newman, everyone's favourite Jake King & young guns Nick Vlastuin & Brandon Ellis.

Listen here: http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Dan-Richardson;-General-Manager-of-Football-at-Richmond/8283

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame

Yeah agree, I would just hate to lose Martin though, hell I really reckon this kid could win the Brownlow!!

Boy oh boy wouldn't the speech be something special.  :clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Only worrying one is Jack IMO.

All the other big clubs that have played finals recently don't have issues signing players yet we do.
How does that work?

Unless they are asking for something rediculous like 800k plus I can't understand how we are close to TTP.

Collingwood and Cloke. Hawthorn and Franklin have stalled haven't they. I'm not taking much out of the articles. Reckon he'll probably stay but I reckon unlike the others he'd be willing to walk, not for money or length of contract but for not getting what he wants

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
based on what?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: RFC general manager of football, Dan Richardson on SEN (Audio)
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 06:05:09 PM »
AUDIO: Dan Richardson; General Manager of Football at Richmond (10:10 mins)

Dan Richardson speaks to Kevin Bartlett on Hungry for Sport about 4 key re-signings for the Tigers. They include former captain Chris Newman, everyone's favourite Jake King & young guns Nick Vlastuin & Brandon Ellis.

Listen here: http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Dan-Richardson;-General-Manager-of-Football-at-Richmond/8283

* I can’t put a time line on it [Riewoldt and Martin's new contracts] but we’re working through it with their management.  But I’m really confident both of those players – they’re really important players to us – want to be Tigers long-term.  I’m sure we’ll work through that in a meaningful way. Sometimes these things take a little bit of time.  It’s important you get to a position where both parties are comfortable.  We’re not there yet, but we’re certainly, hopefully, getting closer to it.

* We’d like to think that what we’re doing at Richmond at the moment means that all those players are keen to stay and keen to, hopefully, have some success. We think those guys are really loyal, and I’m sure that they want to stay at Richmond.

* It’s a business these days, and we’re under no illusions that money is a factor and players need to be paid what they’re worth. In saying that, we think we’ve got a fair bit to offer at Richmond at the moment – the inner-city location, the facilities that we now have, and what we’re building as a club.  We’d like to think that’s more important to our players. From my experience (as a long-time player agent), that’s what really drives players – the desire for success, the desire to be in a good, strong culture, in a place where they’re enjoying their footy. Money is no doubt a factor – I’m not denying that – but hopefully it’s not the be-all and end-all for them.

* We’ve got to be a bit cautious that we don’t get too excited, but certainly there’s a feeling of a bit of confidence that we’re heading in the right direction. I know that Damien (Hardwick), and the coaching staff and players are really big on just getting some consistency into our footy, and getting some confidence that if we retain that sort of consistency, then we can perform well. We’ve done that the last two weeks, but you’ve got to remember, it wasn’t so long ago, against Essendon, we had a pretty poor game. So, as we know in footy, things can change quickly.  But, at the moment, we’re confident that we’re going in the right direction.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-06-19/dominoes-to-fall-tigers-way

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Mark Stevens Ch7 said Martn closer than Reiwoldt to re-signing but likely to only be for 2 years

Also mentioned that Wayne Campbell is on of the final 2 for the Bulldogs footy managers job
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

No way Jack is leaving the tiges for anything you bums

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
based on what?

Total unsubtantiated conjecture of course

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
No way Jack is leaving the tiges for anything you bums
:clapping