Author Topic: Kylie's star ward  (Read 7271 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Kylie's star ward
« on: June 02, 2005, 01:16:08 AM »
ELDERLY patients awaiting heart surgery at Cabrini Hospital were moved from their beds to vacate an entire wing for Kylie Minogue.

The pop princess was allocated eight of the hospital's 18 cardio rooms in a move that angered Cabrini doctors and patients and has been questioned by medical authorities.
Those visiting heart patients on the same floor as Minogue were forced to walk through intensive care and put through rigorous security screening before they could see their sick loved ones.

Some visitors were stopped from seeing patients altogether by security guards who, when asked, said they were not employed by the hospital. etc etc

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15480993%255E661,00.html

Absolutly disgusting - Who do these people think they are - she sings for stuff sake what makes her sooo special.

Moi

Re: Kylie's star ward
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 06:39:00 AM »
Who cares?  Blame the hospital, not her.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 08:05:28 AM »
Don't they have private rooms there?  I wouldn't be too happy having people traipsing through ICU.  Couldn't the hospital just have said "no"?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 08:34:48 AM »
Don't they have private rooms there?  I wouldn't be too happy having people traipsing through ICU.  Couldn't the hospital just have said "no"?

You would hope so it is one of leading Private hospitals. Or the patient concerned could have said no.

Who cares? Blame the hospital, not her.

I think everyone should take some responsibility here - we don't know exactly what happened.

Did Kylie ask for the special treatment, did the hospital offer? Who knows?

Gotta say though when I heard about it this morning for the first time I thought "geez that don't sound to good"  :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 03:15:13 PM »

They do have private rooms at Cabrini. Someone has gone overkill in all this.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 03:22:42 PM »
If my mother was thrown out for that little Big Gummed slag,
I'd kill her myself.

Pathetic of the hospital and Pathetic of her.

Like she didnt ask for it.

These media whores never stop calculating and evaluating any given circumstance.

Cant wait for the big duet with Delta and Kylie.

Maybe they could record a cover of "I am woman"

F.O.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 03:42:01 PM »
LMFAO

I love these kind of stories.

Ox

Kylie 'special treatment' riles union
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 10:19:06 AM »
Kylie 'special treatment' riles union
By Lorna Edwards
June 3, 2005

Controversy follows Kylie Minogue's surgery.
Photo: AP

Health workers have accused the Cabrini Hospital of moving heart surgery patients and distressing staff, patients and visitors with heavy-handed security in order to give Kylie Minogue preferential treatment during her breast cancer surgery last month.

The Health Services Union, which represents workers at the Malvern private hospital, yesterday attacked the hospital's apparent decision to move eight heart patients to clear an entire wing for its famous patient.

"Critically ill patients who were awaiting surgery should not have been transferred unless their medical condition required it," union state secretary Jeff Jackson said.

Despite normal patient confidentiality requirements for health workers, Cabrini staff were forced to sign formal confidentiality agreements, according to the union.

Mr Jackson called on the hospital to explain why the heart patients were moved.

But Cabrini management yesterday denied the care of patients was compromised during Minogue's treatment and said the beefed-up security measures were necessary after "attempted intrusions by the international media".

AdvertisementHospital chief executive Roger Greenman did not respond to several calls from The Age, but defended the hospital's actions in a statement.

"Cabrini Health totally rejects any suggestion that these measures interfered with the proper accommodation or care of patients," the statement said.

"No patients were turned away and all patients were appropriately accommodated."

A spokeswoman for Minogue's management said yesterday the singer had not dictated to the hospital that any patients be moved to accommodate her, and that she had only one security minder with her in the hospital.

Any moving of patients and disruption to staff, patients and visitors was a hospital administration matter, she said.

She also cast doubt on reports that hospital rooms had been painted pink for Minogue's arrival, suggesting the claim may have been invented by the British media.

A spokeswoman for Minogue's management said yesterday the singer had not dictated to the hospital that any patients be moved to accommodate her, and that she had only one security minder with her in the hospital.

She didn't object to it either
Same thing as asking for it IMO.

Ox

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 09:30:21 AM »
Too fat to have a baby
Kate Jones, medical reporter
14jun05

A PREGNANT woman has been labelled too fat to give birth at her local hospital.

Lisa, who is 109kg and 164cm tall, was told by staff at Werribee Mercy Hospital that her delivery was deemed high-risk because of her weight.
A midwife told Lisa, who does not want her surname revealed, that she would have to lose 8kg if she wanted to give birth at the hospital.

The shocked mother of two, then almost seven months pregnant, felt humiliated.

"I know I'm overweight but I don't think I'm as disgustingly humungous as they've made me feel," Lisa said.

"I'm curvy, but there's nothing wrong with me -- I can run and do all the normal things."

Despite Lisa's protests, the hospital has not reversed its decision to send her elsewhere.

The hospital's director of medical services, Dr Peter Longmore, said women with a body mass index of more than 40 were not permitted to give birth at Werribee Mercy Hospital. Lisa's body mass index is 41.

Body mass index is calculated by dividing weight in kilograms by height in centimetres squared. It does not take a baby's weight into account; at seven months, Lisa's fetus weighed approximately 1kg.

Dr Longmore said pregnant women deemed severely obese faced serious complications during childbirth.

"Women like Lisa are at increased risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and postpartum haemorrhage," Dr Longmore said.

"The size of the baby may be large and it can get stuck, and that could also be an issue.

"At the end of the day, it's about the safe delivery of the baby and the wellbeing of the mum -- that's our main concern."

Since the hospital's obesity policy was introduced 12 months ago, 10 to 15 obese women have been advised to give birth elsewhere.

Rosebud Hospital has a similar policy: women with a body mass index of more than 35 are referred to nearby Frankston hospital.

Lisa gave birth to her first two children at the Werribee Mercy, but admitted that she weighed a lot less during those pregnancies.

The Hoppers Crossing woman was 88kg when she had her first child five years ago, and 101kg with her second child two years ago.

Lisa is due to have her third child in August and has booked a place at the Royal Women's Hospital.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 09:38:01 AM »

"I know I'm overweight but I don't think I'm as disgustingly humungous as they've made me feel," Lisa said.

"I'm curvy, but there's nothing wrong with me -- I can run and do all the normal things."

LMAO at the feel good movement brainwashing chicks into thinking that they are not fat, just different.

Besides, the kid would cop it all day long in the schoolyard.

2JD

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 09:22:11 AM »
What a kind caring person you sound like Mr Cruise................I mean Jake.
You're not in the school yard now, thankfully most of us grow up! >:(

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 02:14:14 PM »

LMAO at the feel good movement brainwashing chicks into thinking that they are not fat, just different.

Besides, the kid would cop it all day long in the schoolyard.

lmfaooo dude.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 02:59:35 AM »
What a kind caring person you sound like Mr Cruise................I mean Jake.
You're not in the school yard now, thankfully most of us grow up! >:(

lmfaooooooo 2JamDoughnuts.

WTF does Mr. Cruise have to do with this. LMFAOOOOOOOO @ everyone thinking he is a prlck for getting rid of 'our nicole'. I'd say he's doin alright just now.

Seriously, if 109 kg @ 164 cm is not 'fat', then we might as well take the word out of the dictionary, along with the words 'distgustingly' and 'humungous'.

Stupid moping woman should get off her lard@rse and do what is best for her and her child - lose some weight.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 03:19:08 AM »
lmfaoo@how she'd prefer her baby to possibly suffer health defects rather than face the awful truth that she's a fat tub of schit.

By the way, who keeps banging these fat chicks?

Moi

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 10:55:17 AM »
lmfaoo@how she'd prefer her baby to possibly suffer health defects rather than face the awful truth that she's a fat tub of schit.
That's about it in a nutshell, Johnboy.
The hospital said to her, we do not have the facilities to ensure the health of you or your baby.  Instead, we want to get on A Current Affair, the news etc, and try and get some hogwash story that i'm not being treated because i'm too fat.  You are too fat lady, and you can do something about it.  She also said, why did they wait to tell me at the last minute - effing hell, look in the mirror and take a rough guess on what you should do.  You didn't need to be told lol

Coming from a former fatty lol - me - i know you can do something about it hahahaha! - and it ain't that hard.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 11:03:59 AM by Moi »