Author Topic: Sign up for 2014 membership and save (RFC)  (Read 4034 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« on: July 02, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »

By richmondfc.com.au
3:45pm AEST Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fans that purchase Richmond memberships from today will receive free general admission access to see Richmond play Fremantle in Round 17, Brisbane in Round 20 and Carlton in Round 21, all at the MCG.

Those who join will also receive priority access to purchase the very best tickets available to weeks 1-3 of the finals, if Richmond competes in this year’s AFL finals series.

To purchase your 2014 membership and receive the rest of 2013 free, call the Club’s membership department on 1300 742 466 or click here to view options.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-07-02/sign-up-for-2014-and-save

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Sign up for 2014 membership and save (RFC)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 07:53:29 PM »
Dare I ask (at the risk of getting whacked  ;D) what the club has lined up as some sort of extra for existing members who've been incredibly loyal, cough up there hard earned $$$ in 2013?

this is a great marketing tool (ploy) to get people on board late in the season but again what do those already signed up get?

And please dont say access to finals tickets, this little sweet deal guarantees those who wont be paying in 2013 finals tickets

Just reckon the club needs to be careful and not "neglect" those already on board

Whack away  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 07:58:54 PM »
Platinum rolling tiger MRC MCC take my cash and then offer the band wagoners freebies and prize draws, hmmmmm yeah !

gerkin greg

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 09:36:32 PM »
WP you are such a stuffing whinger  ;D

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 09:45:03 PM »
Look. If we want to meet our targets we need to do something to attract those members who otherwise would not sign. Fair does not come into it.

I for one get  plenty out of the club for me and my families membership. I get what I paid for.

I don't understand all the angst and jealousy about what other people get.

Ok, so we are loyal and others are not as loyal and appear to get stuff we don't.

Fact is member numbers represent power in this competition and power gets money and success. Without some effort and "unfairness" we will not get to 75K.

Good on the club for thinking outside the box and doing what is necessary to make the RFC great again. It benefits us all.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 09:54:17 PM »

Nah just not happy with a few things at the moment  ;D

Look. If we want to meet our targets we need to do something to attract those members who otherwise would not sign. Fair does not come into it.

I for one get  plenty out of the club for me and my families membership. I get what I paid for.

Ok, so we are loyal and others are not as loyal and appear to get stuff we don't.

Fact is member numbers represent power in this competition and power gets money and success. Without some effort and "unfairness" we will not get to 75K.

Good on the club for thinking outside the box and doing what is necessary to make the RFC great again. It benefits us all.

It's a great idea if it doesn't alienate existing members. Pick up an extra 1000 members but what is the benefit if you lose 300 or have 300 "downsize" their membership because they are peeved?
Granted perhaps an over the top analogy but sometimes you have to weigh up possible benefits against possibly losses. Is the risk worth it? In this case most probably but just hope it's been considered

And BTW while you call it jealousy & angst, I don't see it that way, I look at it as being about respecting those who have stuck by you through the crap times and not ignoring them

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 10:01:30 PM »
Reminds me of when I was in Thailand. I paid minimum amount for a day trip (after shopping around). Was chatting to some of the others on the trip who were having the same experiences as myself, seeing the same things etc. but had paid 10x the price . . . they were peeved to  :rollin

Gigantor

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 10:09:44 PM »
in life in general,if you are happy with what you paid for something ,then who cares what anybody else paid for it

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 10:27:30 PM »
This is making me think of jumping on board

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 07:13:50 AM »
Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind. - Buddha

TigerTimeII

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 07:22:51 AM »
Reminds me of when I was in Thailand. I paid minimum amount for a day trip (after shopping around). Was chatting to some of the others on the trip who were having the same experiences as myself, seeing the same things etc. but had paid 10x the price . . . they were peeved to  :rollin

ahh pattaya .. I Miss that place was going back in September but will wait til October now lol
Buddha be happy

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 08:56:07 AM »

Nah just not happy with a few things at the moment  ;D

It's a great idea if it doesn't alienate existing members. Pick up an extra 1000 members but what is the benefit if you lose 300 or have 300 "downsize" their membership because they are peeved?
Granted perhaps an over the top analogy but sometimes you have to weigh up possible benefits against possibly losses. Is the risk worth it? In this case most probably but just hope it's been considered

And BTW while you call it jealousy & angst, I don't see it that way, I look at it as being about respecting those who have stuck by you through the crap times and not ignoring them
it is about jelousy. People cant stand seeing others get something while they miss out.

This is about enticing new members to the club, which helps the clubs bottom line in direct revenue and increases sponsorship viability. This then allows the club to spend more on football and hopefully increase our chances of success. Isn't that what we all want?

If you keep buying memberships just to get some sort of recognition for your years of "service" then you are buying them for the wrong reasons.

Anyone that stops buying a membership over something like this is a petty minded pissant and needs to take on board Buddha teachings, or pee off to the veruca salts where they would fit right in

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 09:39:27 AM »
Bang

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 09:41:26 AM »
it is about jelousy. People cant stand seeing others get something while they miss out.

This is about enticing new members to the club, which helps the clubs bottom line in direct revenue and increases sponsorship viability. This then allows the club to spend more on football and hopefully increase our chances of success. Isn't that what we all want?

If you keep buying memberships just to get some sort of recognition for your years of "service" then you are buying them for the wrong reasons.

Anyone that stops buying a membership over something like this is a petty minded peeant and needs to take on board Buddha teachings, or pee off to the veruca salts where they would fit right in

I'm certainly not jealous, don't buy memberships for the recognition, certainly want the club to be successful so this is not what this is about for me at least, this isn't about me or the effect it has on me. It actually has none.

But I do have a problem with long time members (read penisoners) having to give up th reserve seats they've had for 20 odd years because the club puts the price up by over 50% and they can't afford to keep them and then seeing the club put to together this little freebie deal for people.

That's what I mean by respecting those who've stuck by the club.

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind. - Buddha

See above - nothing to do with envy lot to do about respecting others, which isn't a bad thing is it  :-\

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 09:56:16 AM »
Might hold off next year to get a better deal.For example.10c per litre off fuel for a month.