Author Topic: Sign up for 2014 membership and save (RFC)  (Read 4015 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sign up for 2014 membership and save (RFC)
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2013, 01:29:09 PM »

I'm proud of our members. I'm proud of the fact that we are third on the membership ladder, probably second if you take away Hawthorn's Tassie anomaly. I'm proud that our members are there when really there is every reason for them to abandon the club. And I'm proud since I have no doubt that not even the mighty Pies would have coped as well with the 30 years we have endured.

Get on board.

Think we are all proud of our MEMBERS, not disputing that for a second.

Have no issue with our MEMBERS who have shown incredible layalty and patience over the last 30 years, no beef with them at all.

That's all, I'm done   ;D

So people who supported Richmond their whole life who couldn't afford memberships in the past but can now don't deserve to be true supporters but rather "bandwagoners"

dwaino

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2013, 01:43:00 PM »
What we need is for the memberships to indicate pre and post bandwagon. Also, when a pre bandwagon member scans into the MCG the sound of a tiger roar will boom over the PA while a squishy fart noise is quietly emitted for every post bandwagon member. No post BW member is permitted to talk to any pre BW member unless spoken to first.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2013, 01:59:37 PM »
I do not think WP has a problem with the incentive to lure new 'bandwagon' members to jump on.

Think WP believes that the club should offer some better incentives/rewards to the folk who have been pouring their hard earned into the club for the last 30 years, nothing wrong with that opinion at all.

The issues of price rises etc. are all irrelevant, the club needs to be sure to keep rewarding those who have been around through all the crap times and not take them for granted. Would've thought that maybe some older members who renew year after year after year could be 'rewarded' with some sort of 'free entry' into an away game every now and then / access to the social club as a one off during the year / access to the rooms on game day or something along those lines seeing as we are offering 3 games free in 2013 to these 'bandwagon' members who up until this point haven't given the club anything :shh

Personally, I think it is a great incentive and a fantastic way to get the band-wagoners jumping on board early. All for the good of the club in the long run if they stick around.  :clapping However, I can also see the other side of the coin that the club is 'shouting' them the rest of 2013's home games while those who have suffered and continue to support the club don't necessarily get the same benefits/treatment.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2013, 02:13:24 PM »
I know a member who didn't even know who Cotchin is

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2013, 02:17:13 PM »
I do not think WP has a problem with the incentive to lure new 'bandwagon' members to jump on.

Think WP believes that the club should offer some better incentives/rewards to the folk who have been pouring their hard earned into the club for the last 30 years, nothing wrong with that opinion at all.

The issues of price rises etc. are all irrelevant, the club needs to be sure to keep rewarding those who have been around through all the crap times and not take them for granted. Would've thought that maybe some older members who renew year after year after year could be 'rewarded' with some sort of 'free entry' into an away game every now and then / access to the social club as a one off during the year / access to the rooms on game day or something along those lines seeing as we are offering 3 games free in 2013 to these 'bandwagon' members who up until this point haven't given the club anything :shh

Personally, I think it is a great incentive and a fantastic way to get the band-wagoners jumping on board early. All for the good of the club in the long run if they stick around.  :clapping However, I can also see the other side of the coin that the club is 'shouting' them the rest of 2013's home games while those who have suffered and continue to support the club don't necessarily get the same benefits/treatment.

Thank you JVT

Exactly the point(s) I was trying to make

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »
So people who supported Richmond their whole life who couldn't afford memberships in the past but can now don't deserve to be true supporters but rather "bandwagoners"

That's not what I said but whatever

This isn't about whether people can afford to become members now and couldn't in the past. Have no issue with supporters who cannot afford to be members. People do what they can do, do what they can afford

My issue is and I don't know how many times I have to say it is with the fact the Club is giving away as part of this deal free access to games to newbies while they are not affording the same or similar treatment to those who have been members for years that is those folks who've been loyal and get very little in return. I even tried to give give a practical example of the sort of thing I was referring too and all that's turned into is people whacking pensioners about the pokies or simply saying so sad too bad. 

The reason I referred to them as "bandwagoners" was because there are people out there who will be suddenly sigining up simply because of this freebie incentive to get into 3 games this year and access to finals tickets. The cost has never been the issue for them they are simply signing up now because they are getting somthing for free (actually heard of someone who's done it).

Perhaps I shouldn't have lobbed everyone in same box and called them "bandwagoners" and for that if it has offended some people on here then I am sorry. That wasn't my intent

But I am firm believer that ALL members should be treated the same, be shown the same level of respect regardless of the level of membership they have. No one member is more important to the RFC than any other. Call me naive but that's how I believe it should be.

But a deal like this one that has me questioning whether the club believes in the same standard/principle

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2013, 02:46:05 PM »
What we need is for the memberships to indicate pre and post bandwagon. Also, when a pre bandwagon member scans into the MCG the sound of a tiger roar will boom over the PA while a squishy fart noise is quietly emitted for every post bandwagon member. No post BW member is permitted to talk to any pre BW member unless spoken to first.

:lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2013, 02:49:17 PM »
So WP, are you for or against the club offering incentives to join up new members? :huh
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2013, 03:14:50 PM »
So WP, are you for or against the club offering incentives to join up new members? :huh

al, read JVT's post which clearly explains how I feel about things a helluva lot better than I have (i'm a  :wallywink   ;D)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2013, 03:20:23 PM »

That's not what I said but whatever

This isn't about whether people can afford to become members now and couldn't in the past. Have no issue with supporters who cannot afford to be members. People do what they can do, do what they can afford

My issue is and I don't know how many times I have to say it is with the fact the Club is giving away as part of this deal free access to games to newbies while they are not affording the same or similar treatment to those who have been members for years that is those folks who've been loyal and get very little in return. I even tried to give give a practical example of the sort of thing I was referring too and all that's turned into is people whacking pensioners about the pokies or simply saying so sad too bad. 

The reason I referred to them as "bandwagoners" was because there are people out there who will be suddenly sigining up simply because of this freebie incentive to get into 3 games this year and access to finals tickets. The cost has never been the issue for them they are simply signing up now because they are getting somthing for free (actually heard of someone who's done it).

Perhaps I shouldn't have lobbed everyone in same box and called them "bandwagoners" and for that if it has offended some people on here then I am sorry. That wasn't my intent

But I am firm believer that ALL members should be treated the same, be shown the same level of respect regardless of the level of membership they have. No one member is more important to the RFC than any other. Call me naive but that's how I believe it should be.

But a deal like this one that has me questioning whether the club believes in the same standard/principle

For what it's worth I agree with you but I just didn't want to be different from the pack

gerkin greg

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2013, 03:26:47 PM »
the pack mentality on this site is a disgrace

Rampstar

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2013, 04:49:33 PM »

The pipe is now showing early signs of genius. Well done Pipe  :clapping

Rampstar

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2013, 04:50:57 PM »
Hey RFCO I just wanna know, when you eventually move on to a new job with more money will you support the Tigers or will you go back to supporting the other mob you supposedly supported? I just wanna know if youre one of us or if your an imposter  ;D

I wanna know why RFCO doesnt wanna answer my hard hitting and insightful Michael Willessee standard questions? Why you hiding?  :lol

dwaino

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2013, 04:54:52 PM »

The pipe is now showing early signs of genius. Well done Pipe  :clapping

dwain the bath I'm dwowning

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2013, 05:40:06 PM »
the pack mentality on this site is a disgrace

I just shat my pants :lol