Author Topic: Changes for next week's game against the Dockers?  (Read 3453 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for Freo match
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 08:20:02 AM »
Shane Edwards should not be dropped. Clearly best 22

Grigg. King. A.Edwards.

White also must be first in line.
i reckon they will want white's run against the blockers.

king looks like he needs a rest and arnot can prolly play his role across half forward, so he could make way for houli.
not sure if there will be too many changes, though
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Changes for next week's game against the Dockers?
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 02:47:58 AM »
The Barometer - Round 17
Herald-Sun
 July 16, 2013

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Shaun Grigg might be nervous after starting as the sub and picking up just three kicks when he was activated. He replaced Aaron Edwards, who was taken off as part of a pre-game plan to make the most of the tropical conditions in Cairns, so back Edwards to play against the Dockers on Sunday. Not many worries at Tigerland, but Jack Riewoldt is overdue for a big game.

ON THE CUSP: Bachar Houli will come back after missing two weeks with a hamstring problem – he trained on Saturday and pulled up well. No game for Coburg in the VFL but Saturday’s emergencies Liam McBean, Matt Dea and Sam Lonergan are waiting for a call-up. Shane Tuck is also ready to go.

AL PATON’S FORECAST: Damien Hardwick was clearly happy to get out of Cairns with four points and write off some poor skills to the wind, rain and humidity. Although he did conceded goalkicking coach Mark Williams would be under the pump this week – the Tigers have registered 14.35 in their past two outings. Richmond controlled Saturday night’s proceedings from early in the second term and should have won by more, but it’s a whole new ball game against Fremantle. Richmond went close to knocking off Ross Lyon’s mob in Perth in Round 5 and will be desperate to claim a serious scalp to stamp itself as a legitimate finals contender. After that it’s Sydney (SCG) and Hawthorn (MCG) – lose all three and Richmond will be right back in the pack. So this week is huge.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/the-barometer-round-17/story-fnelctok-1226679695127

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 08:56:23 AM »
Just a crazy thought, how about dropping Jacky R and give Tuck a go in the forward line. I know he is only 189 tall as opposed to 195 jack but it could be an interesting trial. He's a pretty good kick and mark when he gets a sniff and couldn't be worse than Jack (whose attitude and performance matches his name) - Revolting.
It would also give Jack a good boot up the backside which he needs big time.
As always, however, I would bow to the knowledge of the great brains trust on OER and would be keen to read your thoughts on this option.

gerkin greg

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 10:29:52 AM »
if you're gonna smoke breakky bongs, pass em around MintOnLamb

The Barometer - Round 17
Herald-Sun
 July 16, 2013

Although he did conceded goalkicking coach Mark Williams would be under the pump this week – the Tigers have registered 14.35 in their past two outings.

This Mark Williams flog from Melbourne is an absolute dud, our forward line has been rank since he got his grubby mitts on it. Give him the ass and get Michael O'Laughlin in.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »

The Barometer - Round 17
Herald-Sun
 July 16, 2013

Although he did conceded goalkicking coach Mark Williams would be under the pump this week – the Tigers have registered 14.35 in their past two outings.

This Mark Williams flog from Melbourne is an absolute dud, our forward line has been rank since he got his grubby mitts on it. Give him the ass and get Michael O'Laughlin in.

:thumbsup
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2013, 10:45:19 AM »
Give him the ass and get Michael O'Laughlin in.

Is Mickey O looking at getting to coaching full time at club level gerks?

I know he's involved in the AIS academy and will be going over to Ireland but hadn't heard much else

WOuld be a fantastic get if he was
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 11:39:21 AM »
He is very keen and is very highly rated. Short odds to be the first ever Indigenous Senior AFL Coach.

:cheers

Will probably end up at Carlton, Collingwood, or Essendrug

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
Defender Bachar Houli trained strongly on Tuesday, showing no sign of the injured hamstring that kept him out of last weekend’s win over Gold Coast, and appears in line to come back into the side.

"It's all on him at the moment. If he can get through the week of training and have no issue with the hamstring, I'm sure he'll be putting his hand up to play," White said.

AFL website link

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »

:lol :clapping
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
In the Mix: Round 17 (afl site)
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 06:23:12 PM »
RICHMOND - In the Mix

Bachar Houli is expected to return from the hamstring tightness that has kept him from playing since round 14. Coburg had a bye at the weekend but Shane Tuck has two games behind him now in his comeback from a fractured scapula. Luke McGuane has kicked five goals in his past two VFL games but Aaron Edwards is keeping him out. Edwards was subbed out on Saturday in Cairns but has no injury concerns and was praised by the coach for the role he played in defence. Liam McBean, Sam Lonergan and Matt Dea were emergencies on the weekend. - Jennifer Phelan

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-16/afls-in-the-mix-round-17

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2013, 06:47:41 PM »

The Barometer - Round 17
Herald-Sun
 July 16, 2013

If we were to play the 'unconventional card' I'd probably go with Deledio as FF. Sure his set shots haven't been the best, but he has a cannon of a right leg. I'd imagine he'd have the tank to lead, and lead all day

the claw

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 07:49:43 PM »
surely shane tuck is a must inclusion against the big bodied mids of freo. this is not subi where run and pace rule this is the g where contested ball and structure reign.

dont let johnson or mcpharlin just peel of and do as they please down back,make em accountable give em  a like opponent to look after. bring in mcguane cant believe i said that,  or god forbid a kid like mcbean.

bring in the third tall defender,  pav may be out it means they will play a ruckman there i would not be surprised to see them keep silvagni down back and mcpharlin play forward.

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 08:15:08 PM »

Ballantyne is out for Freo with a hammy  :cheers

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 10:14:02 PM »

The Barometer - Round 17
Herald-Sun
 July 16, 2013

SPOT ON!

He has been horrible since arriving at Richmond!

SACK HIM ASAP!

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 10:25:19 PM »
In (OUT)

Houli (Grigg)