Author Topic: General Soccer discussion.  (Read 197207 times)

1980 I Was There

Re: General Soccer discussion.
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2014, 08:18:36 PM »
Sick of hearing about rioting crowds at or surrounding soccer games here in Australia.
It's unAustralian, and it's a frigin disgrace. :gobdrop

Yeah I know it's not the teams fault blah blah blah and all that crap, but seriously, the sport itself is boring as hell and the idiots that follow it should all be shot.

I actually believe that it's a great sport for kids to play and shouldn't be taken away.

Just get rid of the major teams at the higher levels and just ban the stoopid girlie game.
 :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2014, 08:20:57 PM »
Boring effn game anyway, ban away

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2014, 09:13:36 PM »

Lol
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:22:38 AM by Judge Roughneck »

Gigantor

« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2014, 09:23:21 PM »
Always wanted to know what "being un Australian is"....Do other nations believe in rioting,war,unfairness in sport,business,politics..how does one define being un australian

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2014, 09:37:33 PM »
with you on that Gigantor. It is a...um..curious term.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2014, 09:39:00 PM »
How diplomatic of you al

Tell us what you really think about said phrase b :shh

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:16:09 PM by Judge Roughneck »

1980 I Was There

« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2014, 11:02:18 PM »
Unfortunately when alcohol is involved at sports functions, there is always that one group of idiots that just wanna be down right jerkoffs.
Soccer freaks on the other hand don't need alcohol because they are already bloody idiots.

Get this stupid so called crap sport out of Australia and let the rest of us love our sports and enjoy it.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2014, 11:13:18 PM »
Shahid Afridi's cousin was a terrorist: http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/sep/12jk.htm

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2014, 12:28:30 AM »
You go girlfriend.  :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2014, 06:03:42 AM »
What a ridiculous thread. Firstly, if you don't like a certain sport then why care about discussing it and grandstand your dislike of it :huh3. I have little interest in golf but that doesn't give me the right to foist my opinion of it down its fans/players' throats who understand or the nuances of the sport. Generalising about the fans of a sport that has the highest participation rate (~1.5 million) in the country because of the behaviour of a few morons is stupid. Would you like all footy fans being labelled racist because of the actions of a few Collingwood nethanderals? Secondly, if we banned everything that had a minority of idiots then there'd be nothing left. Might as well ban cars on our roads then as there's a small minority of idiots and hoons out there that never learn not to speed, drink-drive, txt on their mobiles or commit road rage assults.  The great irony is that on Soccer and Rugby League forums out there, they have feral posters that hate Aussie Rules and think it's stupid and boring. Actually, the only thing that's boring in all this is this idiotic battle of the football codes crap :sleep.

Always wanted to know what "being un Australian is"....Do other nations believe in rioting,war,unfairness in sport,business,politics..how does one define being un australian
Better ban Cricket as well as the Poms also invented it so it must class as "unAustralian"  :facepalm
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

1980 I Was There

« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2014, 08:03:40 AM »
What a ridiculous thread. Firstly, if you don't like a certain sport then why care about discussing it and grandstand your dislike of it :huh3. I have little interest in golf but that doesn't give me the right to foist my opinion of it down its fans/players' throats who understand or the nuances of the sport. Generalising about the fans of a sport that has the highest participation rate (~1.5 million) in the country because of the behaviour of a few morons is stupid. Would you like all footy fans being labelled racist because of the actions of a few Collingwood nethanderals? Secondly, if we banned everything that had a minority of idiots then there'd be nothing left. Might as well ban cars on our roads then as there's a small minority of idiots and hoons out there that never learn not to speed, drink-drive, txt on their mobiles or commit road rage assults.  The great irony is that on Soccer and Rugby League forums out there, they have feral posters that hate Aussie Rules and think it's stupid and boring. Actually, the only thing that's boring in all this is this idiotic battle of the football codes crap :sleep.

Better ban Cricket as well as the Poms also invented it so it must class as "unAustralian"  :facepalm
I said it' a great sport for kids, I'm not trying to get rid of the sport, and fair enuff I didn't need to mention my personal feelings of the sport.
But you actually miss the whole point of the thread, THE VIOLENCE that ensues this sport.
Yes it is the most watched code of football in the world, and I'm quite aware of something so simple, but you have obviously not seen the ever ongoing riots that are directly associated with this sport.

I don't go trolling any forums putting down sports that I hate, rugby being one of them, and I never will.
This thread is NOT about me disliking soccer, it's about the violence, understand what your talking about before you post.

Open your eyes to a world of morons and millions of them that follow this sport, it not just a few here and there.

tony_montana

« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2014, 08:23:01 AM »
I see more incidents of crowd violence at the average ODI game than I do at the average A league game.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2014, 09:48:17 AM »
As most would know I am not a soccer fan

But from what I'm hearing this morning there was no problems or issues last night

yes there have been issues at soccer games in this country but other sports have had issues as well.

I mean who could forget the antics of a certain minority groups at the tennis over the last few years with their flairs and brawling in the garden areas. Just as bad if not worse IMHO and BTW you will find ours is the only Grand Slam where it happened at. So far (fingers crossed) we haven't had any problems this year

Yeah I know it's not the teams fault blah blah blah and all that crap, but seriously, the sport itself is boring as hell and the idiots that follow it should all be shot.

So on one hand you are condemming the violence at soccer games but at the same time you are advocating and condoning violence as a solution. Oki Doki  ::)

Open your eyes to a world of morons and millions of them that follow this sport, it not just a few here and there.

So what you are you saying is that the folks on this forum, RFC loving folks BTW are morons simply because they follow soccer? Massive sweeping statement where you are tarring all soccer fans with the one brush, sorry but anyway you look at it that's not only not fair but is simply ridiculous

Are you that niave to not realise that violence happens at ALL sports and that includes AFL games, cricket to name a few.

Hell  just last season I witnessed a handful of Richmond supporters get into a fight with each other during a game in a Richmond area .... so clearly other sports are not immune to violence

All sports have the moron factor with alot of it bought on by alcohol which you said yourself. But to suggest that alcohol plays not part in soccer violence because "Soccer freaks on the other hand don't need alcohol because they are already bloody idiots" is again a ridiculous statement and to be honest gives your original argument no validity at all

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2014, 10:23:47 AM »
1980, are you the same guy that said Riewoldt could be as good as Wayne Carey? If so, that explains your gimp posts in here.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2014, 10:39:43 AM »
Is this what "un Australian" refers to?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvp0QAlxEsE
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI