Author Topic: Richmond discussion on 3aw tonight  (Read 1382 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond discussion on 3aw tonight
« on: July 29, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »
Lloyd, Healy and Russell discussing us on 3aw tonight:

Lloyd - My problem with Richmond and Collingwood is both their defences are quite poor. Cameron kicked 7 against the Pies while White and Tippett kicked a combined 7 against Rance and Chaplin.

Healy - My view on that is, unlike the Swans' midfielders, Richmond's midfielders don't gut run. They don't gun run to get back and help clog their defence nor do they gut run forward to the goalsquare to lock the ball in.

Lloyd - True but Richards and Grundy still can win one-on-ones in the Swans' backline. You would back them in as defenders over Rance and Chaplin.

Russell - The top 9 are locked in. Out of those you would rule out Richmond, Port and Carlton as having no chance of winning the flag.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond discussion on 3aw tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »
Agree with all except that flog Lloyd. Everyone in the footy world could see Petterd was on White not Rance

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
Boy thats funny Lloyd, i thought RFC had third least points kicked against us...umm me finks dat means our defence is damn fine :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 08:35:07 PM »
Collin wood can't win the flag either. Freo too and Essendon.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

tony_montana

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 08:47:10 PM »
Agree with all except that flog Lloyd. Everyone in the footy world could see Petterd was on White not Rance

exactly, what a flog

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 08:53:19 PM »

While he was on white, its not even the point lloyd is just a flog. Rance and Chaplin were both good, it is not their fault our midfield were so poor and the ball came hurtling in the fwd line every few minutes. The backline has been reasonably good this year, the midfield is the problem with cotch down on form (knee injury?) Lids tagged out all the time, tuck long injury, titch has been down. Grigg down hill skiing, well not even  ::)

The part about the gut running fwd and back is sot on, we also crapped ourselves in the 2nd half when the pressure became too much we fumbled the ball on many occasions. Sydneys pressure and even percieved pressure was too much and something needs to be done about the mental fortitude of our pkaying group.

Its one thing to be challenged against teams like port, west coast etc and respond, but its another tonhave the stuffing squeezed out of you by geelongs, sydneys and say stuff you and squeeze back twice as hard

Lloyd mustve been squeezing his balls with his thumbs and become distracted as they were talking  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 08:54:04 PM »
Matthew Lloyd is like the kid screaming for attention in the classroom. If you ignore him he will go away. A flog on the field an even bigger flog off it. Who cares what he says.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 09:30:36 PM »
Lloyd is wrong. Our midfielders never ran in numbers and didn't work hard enough at stoppages. Sydney did and provided their forwards with a higher quantity and quality of delivery. That's why their forwards got more goals. Not to mention Astbury should have played instead of Petterd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 10:02:41 PM »
Healy was absolutely spot on. Our lack of gut running killed us Sunday. It stands out like a beacon
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 10:24:04 PM »

While he was on white.

Actually spent most his day on Pyke.
Went through and saw who got how many kicked on them.
Morris 2
Chappy 4.5*
Rance 2*(had to leave man to cover midfield but was his man)
Midfeilder 5 (hard to tell who direct opponent was on replay due to their midfielders looking like they had no opponent :banghead)
Petterd 2**

*'s represent Jesse White goals. Chappy got .5 because I have no clue who was meant to be on Jude Bolten when he kicked the final goal and Chaplin was standing in no mans land with no opponent

dwaino

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »
Vlastuin had a couple goes on White. Got some lols when he pushed him under the footy a couple times and burned him off.

gerkin greg

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 11:00:18 PM »
Didn't Highpants "write" an "article" during the week where he mentioned the sides that had beaten Sydney in the last 18 months and according to him Richmond weren't one of them  :whistle

Adult nappies for this flog

Aren't his parents first cousins?

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 11:05:48 PM »
Lloyd, Healy and Russell discussing us on 3aw tonight:

Lloyd - My problem with Richmond and Collingwood is both their defences are quite poor. Cameron kicked 7 against the Pies while White and Tippett kicked a combined 7 against Rance and Chaplin.

Healy - My view on that is, unlike the Swans' midfielders, Richmond's midfielders don't gut run. They don't gun run to get back and help clog their defence nor do they gut run forward to the goalsquare to lock the ball in.

Lloyd - True but Richards and Grundy still can win one-on-ones in the Swans' backline. You would back them in as defenders over Rance and Chaplin.

Russell - .................I can count to potato

EFA

dwaino

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 11:07:12 PM »
Didn't Highpants "write" an "article" during the week where he mentioned the sides that had beaten Sydney in the last 18 months and according to him Richmond weren't one of them  :whistle

Adult nappies for this flog

Aren't his parents first cousins?

You are correct. He did in fact draw an article with a crayon between his teeth.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 09:26:50 AM »
Russell - The top 9 are locked in. Out of those you would rule out Richmond, Port and Carlton as having no chance of winning the flag.

What is it with these deluded turds ?  Even if Essendon don't get stripped of their points they can't win the flag coz they're no good.
 Watson on SEN this morning saying no team should take any notice of of how they go against GWS or GC. If you want to measure how good you are you need to look at a game like Richmond v Sydney. Richmond have now found out where they are at.
 Well Timmay , don't worry about our team ,  we played away against the reigning premier on a ground not fit for AFL football....and we were in the game until the last ten minutes of the 3rd. I'd say a better example of where a team is at would be to look at your drugged up team's performance against Hawthorn at your home ground in neutral conditions. Your mob was effin flogged ! 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:37:41 AM by WilliamPowell »
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos