Author Topic: The Inquirer: The best defenders (afl site)  (Read 593 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Inquirer: The best defenders (afl site)
« on: August 02, 2013, 08:01:01 PM »
Rance top 3 in the AFL for intercept marks and spoils. He also has the fourth most tackles inside defensive 50.

Chaplin is the 2nd best one-on-one defender in the AFL. From 30 contests he's only lost 4 (13.3%).

The Inquirer: The laws of defence
By Mark Macgugan
afl.com.au
Friday, August 2, 2013

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-02/the-frugal-suspects

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: The Inquirer: The best defenders (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 08:03:02 PM »
Well well well now who was it calling rancer not so long ago :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 08:19:16 PM »
his stalker?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 08:28:16 PM »

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »
his stalker?

Party time at Pants place
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 09:48:14 PM »
AA rancer, good call bj  :shh

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 11:18:26 PM »
Could be All Australian if his form continues.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 12:18:34 AM »
Coach will learn to never question Bojangles mail ever again. Didn't Coach also say Chaplin is only good 3rd man up?

tony_montana

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 10:56:54 AM »
Coach will learn to never question Bojangles mail ever again. Didn't Coach also say Chaplin is only good 3rd man up?

Chaplin has surprised me how good he is 1 on 1. I was worried about the talk of him being  a loose defender, but from what Ive seen so far this year, everytime he goes onto the gorilla he handles the job well. Tippett is in rare form aerially and I thought he did a pretty good job on him last week, although he has copped some stick from a few posters about his performance.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »
i think it stems from the fact that at port he did mainly play the loose floating defender's role.
He did say himself that being more responsible for one of the key forwards was a new role for him.

I agree he has been OK, and i think our backline has been better with his inclusion.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 12:08:54 PM »

Chaplin has surprised me how good he is 1 on 1. I was worried about the talk of him being  a loose defender, but from what Ive seen so far this year, everytime he goes onto the gorilla he handles the job well. Tippett is in rare form aerially and I thought he did a pretty good job on him last week, although he has copped some stick from a few posters about his performance.

Including me, was well beaten

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 12:18:01 PM »
i think it stems from the fact that at port he did mainly play the loose floating defender's role.
He did say himself that being more responsible for one of the key forwards was a new role for him.

I agree he has been OK, and i think our backline has been better with his inclusion.

That's because at Port Carlisle took the monsters.

tony_montana

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 01:32:19 PM »

Disagree

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »

Disagree

Didn't help he couldn't get a decent chop out but either way. Agree to disagree  :thumbsup

tony_montana

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 01:48:54 PM »

Disagree

Didn't help he couldn't get a decent chop out but either way. Agree to disagree  :thumbsup

Agree  ;D