Author Topic: Matt Thomas [merged]  (Read 34153 times)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matt Thomas [merged]
« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2014, 12:11:19 PM »
makes a huge difference. prepared to get in & under a bit like Tuck type player who we sorely miss to protect the ball carriers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #286 on: May 25, 2014, 12:27:48 PM »
We can still Play Miles and Thomas. No doubt about that IMO.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #287 on: May 25, 2014, 12:57:51 PM »
Maybe we should against the bombers....They usually kill us at the stoppages, especially Jab Watson.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2014, 01:09:09 PM »
Maybe we should against the bombers....They usually kill us at the stoppages, especially Jab Watson.

Add Foley to that and on paper we look a little stronger.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2014, 01:10:26 PM »

:ROTFL

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2014, 01:17:23 PM »
Thomas is great, not the best disposer but he is a real dynamo. Is he our Tucky replacement?

Not in a million years. Is a ball butcher. Yes he attacks the on test and the ball but struth he puts his teammates under pressure with his ordinary decision making and disposal

Best game for us yesterday. Showed a burst of speed in his first 2 steps he hasn't shown all year. Still prefer to give games to Miles as our clearance machine. Just much more upside.

I haven't watched the replay

But was at the game yesterday, yep he had 25 odd touches supposedly at 74% efficiency but had 5 clangers. Would love to know know they work out what clanger is

The number of times his disposal puts his teammates under pressure is staggering.

How he gets a games ahead of Miles baffles me. Miles is "miles" ahead of Thomas in so many areas it isn't funny

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:40:37 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2014, 01:39:12 PM »
I agree WP. I was at the game also and whilst Thomas was getting plenty of it, he put his team mates under pressure on too many occasions with bad decisions. Considering GWS was hardly applying any pressure for the whole day, it really does make you wonder.
I did like some of his one percenters though. Got in tough on Cotch's taggers regularly and shepherded well.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2014, 02:41:48 PM »
Thomas is great, not the best disposer but he is a real dynamo. Is he our Tucky replacement?

Not in a million years. Is a ball butcher. Yes he attacks the on test and the ball but struth he puts his teammates under pressure with his ordinary decision making and disposal

Best game for us yesterday. Showed a burst of speed in his first 2 steps he hasn't shown all year. Still prefer to give games to Miles as our clearance machine. Just much more upside.

I haven't watched the replay

But was at the game yesterday, yep he had 25 odd touches supposedly at 74% efficiency but had 5 clangers. Would love to know know they work out what clanger is

The number of times his disposal puts his teammates under pressure is staggering.

How he gets a games ahead of Miles baffles me. Miles is "miles" ahead of Thomas in so many areas it isn't funny
Play them both....
Tucky wasn't a great kick either. Won us all over with his hard work. Don't let absence get in the way of our memories.
I'm not saying Thomas is the answer but we can use his hard work and toughness at the moment. Let him do some of the dirty work on the bottom of the packs instead of our more skilled players that can then work on the outside.
Footy at the moment is all about contested footy, especially against the very good sides, if you don't think Thomas is any good at that, then you are missing something. We need to get better and tougher around the footy. The good teams don't let us get on the outside like GWS did yesterday, making it easy for teams with bigger bodies that are willing to put them in at a massive advantage.
Play the hardnuts Dimma, the Houli's, Grigg's and Ellis' won't give a yelp when it gets tight!
Can only carry one of those blokes in the side at any one time the way footy is played now IMO.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #293 on: May 25, 2014, 03:10:24 PM »
Love to see all the wide guys who bemoaned this guy coming in for Sammy Lloyd  :lol...thomo is a machine at the contest. Chalks up winning contested ball like he s shelling peas. I look forward to when he passes the baton over to the next up and comer coz I'll know he must be a genuine GUN :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2014, 03:11:43 PM »
Love to see all the wide guys who bemoaned this guy coming in for Sammy Lloyd  :lol...thomo is a machine at the contest. Chalks up winning contested ball like he s shelling peas. I look forward to when he passes the baton over to the next up and comer coz I'll know he must be a genuine GUN :shh

That'll be the week after North destroy us and Miles finally comes in.
Enjoy it while it's here.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #295 on: May 25, 2014, 04:01:15 PM »
Bo you're either completely stuffing delusional, a comedian or a troll. I suspect it's a combination of all three.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 04:25:29 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: May 25, 2014, 04:44:06 PM »
Bo you're either completely stuffing delusional, a comedian or a troll. I suspect it's a combination of all three.
Been a member 32 years running fool, just a fan, what are you   :shh

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #297 on: May 25, 2014, 06:07:38 PM »
Very ordinary disposal

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: May 25, 2014, 06:11:57 PM »
Watch the replay on foleys goal, in this case Thomas buttered up and dished out a deft handball,
Ooooh yeah but he butchers it.... :lol he played a splendid game

www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-05-24/round-10-foley-goals-on-the-run

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: May 25, 2014, 06:13:19 PM »
Not saying he can't handball Bo in fact he should always handball and never kick