Author Topic: Winners and Leaders in Personality is Whats needed IMHO  (Read 1595 times)

Rampstar

Winners and Leaders in Personality is Whats needed IMHO
« on: September 08, 2013, 06:39:18 PM »
Atleast our season in September this year better than nuthin IMHO but if the club wants true success they have to recruit people who are WINNERS and LEADERS in personality. I think we have to many in our team who are happy to just be part of the ride but will never offer anything more. Too many just happy to just get through and earn there money and thats it. WINNERS WIN and LOSERS LOSE. And we dont have enough who want to be Winners.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Winners and Leaders in Personality is Whats needed IMHO
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 07:12:30 PM »
I think Vlastuin will be such a player. Looks like Hodge at times.

Rampstar

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 07:33:49 PM »
I think Vlastuin, Conca and Ellis have in them whats needed but a lot of there teammates dont have it. We have too many just content with being able to call themselves AFL players.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 07:36:07 PM »
More important obviously to have a happy team.
The coach is a good mate to most of the players - at least the ones he picks to play seniors.
Should change our song to " We're a happy team at Richmond ......."

tony_montana

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 07:47:50 PM »
isn't that what they've been drafting the past several years?

Finals make a players reputation, unfortunately several carlton players enhanced theirs, don't really think any of ours did.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 08:23:05 PM »
Look our list is of limited talent, the system doesn't let you build a full list of superstars anymore.  You just have to optimize what you've got and improve over time.  We are definitely improving so we can't complain, from 6 to 8.5 to 10.5 to 15 wins.  We seriously are improving, we may not have the team to win a premiership yet but some of these players could be in it.  Obviously the reverse is true too some would be passengers if we did win one.  But that's because we started this process during a terrible time of compromised drafts, a couple more good drafts and we'll be contenders.

This season has been a  B for Hardwick and the team, well and truly above pass mark. Given we haven't had a B season for 12 years I'm more than happy to renew my membership.  We made finals for christsake, there is not a good reason in sight to be whinging and whining.

tony_montana

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 08:30:14 PM »
Look our list is of limited talent, the system doesn't let you build a full list of superstars anymore.  You just have to optimize what you've got and improve over time.  We are definitely improving so we can't complain, from 6 to 8.5 to 10.5 to 15 wins.  We seriously are improving, we may not have the team to win a premiership yet but some of these players could be in it.  Obviously the reverse is true too some would be passengers if we did win one.  But that's because we started this process during a terrible time of compromised drafts, a couple more good drafts and we'll be contenders.

This season has been a  B for Hardwick and the team, well and truly above pass mark. Given we haven't had a B season for 12 years I'm more than happy to renew my membership.  We made finals for christsake, there is not a good reason in sight to be whinging and whining.

WE BLEW A HALFTIME 30 POINT LEAD! supporters have every right to be distraught mate, why is that so taboo amongst some of our supporters? Its ok to be disappointed and upset in performances from time to time, doesn't make you a traitor.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »
Need to upgrade on the S Edwards, Grigg, King, Jako and if he winds our B&F it is an indictment on all our better players.
Tuck has retired and Newy has maybe one year left.
Azza and blokes like him such as Petterd who have played senior footy this year are just fill in the gap players who you know what their best is and you won't get anything more than that.

We need to draft some more kids and start playing next year McBean, Batchelor, Dea etc and make huge calls on Astbury and Griffiths before we can even contemplate getting through to a Prelim.

Today we felt like we let a chance slip to make a semi but that's the best we can do with this list and given the way the draw will be structured for next season we need to make a few amendments to our list if we are to continue making progress as we have since Dimma has been at the club.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 09:12:44 PM »

WE BLEW A HALFTIME 30 POINT LEAD! supporters have every right to be distraught mate, why is that so taboo amongst some of our supporters? Its ok to be disappointed and upset in performances from time to time, doesn't make you a traitor.

Fair enough to be gutted but these people saying they are no longer supporting the club are pathetic little children.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 09:20:03 PM »

We did,we did, I was more talking those cutting up memberships.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 09:20:48 PM »
Devistated yes. I can still see the light at the end of the tunnel. How could you not with the steps forward we have made each year for the last 3. Griffith and McBean make Jack the third tall, how will anyone defend that? Shattered ? Yes . Given up ? No f $/^ing way
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 09:22:28 PM »
Ricky petterd gun
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 09:25:18 PM »
Devistated yes. I can still see the light at the end of the tunnel. How could you not with the steps forward we have made each year for the last 3. Griffith and McBean make Jack the third tall, how will anyone defend that? Shattered ? Yes . Given up ? No f $/^ing way

I like it!

Bring on round 1 - 2014!!!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 09:28:44 PM »

I like it!

Well at least it won't be against Carlton seeing the MCG won't be available  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 09:31:22 PM »
Devistated yes. I can still see the light at the end of the tunnel. How could you'reonot with the steps forward we have made each year for the last 3. Griffith and McBean make Jack the third tall, how will anyone defend that? Shattered ? Yes . Given up ? No f $/^ing way

I like it!

Well at least it won't be against Carlton seeing the MCG won't be available  ;D

???? WP
A
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!