Author Topic: 2014 Senate nutjobs  (Read 6300 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
2014 Senate nutjobs
« on: September 09, 2013, 11:00:05 AM »

Thought I would start a thread to keep track of the loonies who will control the Senate and make Tony's life hell.

First up is the Liberal Democrat David Leyonhjelm

NSW sends pro-gun Liberal Democrat David Leyonhjelm to Senate

By state political reporter Liz Foschia and Mhairi McClymont

The man elected to take one of six Senate seats in New South Wales says allowing the general public to carry weapons is one way of curbing gun crime in western Sydney.

Voters in New South Wales have chosen Liberal Democrat David Leyonhjelm for the Senate after the party appeared in the top left hand corner of ballot papers.

The seldom-mentioned party gained 8.89 per cent of the initial vote allocation, ahead of the Greens' 7.77 per cent.

The party, which believes in social libertarianism, a free market economy and small government now joins a key group of minor party and independent senators set to hold the balance of power after July next year.

David Leyonhjelm is a former vet who runs an agribusiness consulting company in Sydney.

His biography says he has been a member of Young Labor, the Liberals and the Shooters Party since getting into politics in the early 1970's.

He left the Liberals because of John Howard's crackdown on guns following the Port Arthur Massacre, describing it as "a disgraceful attack on law-abiding citizens."
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2014 Senate nutjobs
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »
Grrreeeeaaatttt Thanks for that 65

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 12:07:36 PM »
merge with the american guns thread

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 01:12:54 PM »
Waiting for your post on the fine "nutjobs" representing the Assange party

Did they even get a senate seat  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 01:42:46 PM »

and now the Senator representing the Motoring Enthusiast Party: Ricky Muir

Likely senator dodges questions about kangaroo poo fight video

Date September 9, 2013 - 12:56PM

Jonathan Swan

Senator for poo fights?

Two days after the poll that could put little know Victorian Ricky Muir in the Senate, he's dealing with his first 'scandal'; a video that appears to show him engaged in a poo fight.

Thanks to the quirks of minor party preferences some unconventional candidates appear to be headed for the upper house in Canberra. With some of these likely senators dodging the media, journalists are left to piece together their backgrounds from the scraps available online.

Ricky Muir, the likely Victorian senator from the Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party, who would take his place in July next year, appears to have a more colourful past than most.

In a video taken from his YouTube account, which was made private soon after the election on Saturday night, Mr Muir appears to be filmed taking part in a backyard kangaroo faeces fight.

The video, titled "Family Fight in Australia", appears to depict the likely senator, who sports a thick moustache and goatee, running around a garden with his friends, who are hurling kangaroo faeces and laughing hysterically.

We know it is kangaroo faeces because the person holding the video camera picks up a brown pellet, examines it, and says: "This is kangaroo poo. Yum yum."

In another scene in the video, a man who bears a striking resemblance to Mr Muir, perches on the roof of a four-wheel drive and spits in the direction of the camera.

At yet another point, the same man creeps up behind his friend and pulls down the man's pants. Later in the video, he strikes his friend with jousting sticks

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/likely-senator-dodges-questions-about-kangaroo-poo-fight-video-20130909-2tf8j.html#ixzz2eMQcQ8L8
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 02:47:10 PM »
Its a joke that minority parties get such such a low % of the vote yet still get into the senate via secret preference deals. They need to reform the senate voting system. Allow us to give our own preference to each party above the line. Its also ridiculous at how many people can get on the ballot.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 02:57:11 PM »
Its a joke that minority parties get such such a low % of the vote yet still get into the senate via secret preference deals. They need to reform the senate voting system. Allow us to give our own preference to each party above the line. Its also ridiculous at how many people can get on the ballot.

totally agree

The senate voting paper was at least a metre and half long  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 03:42:58 PM »

totally agree

The senate voting paper was at least a metre and half long  :rollin
By law the Senate voting paper can not be longer than that a metre and half or whatever it is. They've actually had to reduce the font size to fit all the candidates on the white ballot paper. That's why there are magnifying glasses provided now days. Visually impaired groups are complaining to the AEC about it.

As for the preference deals, there now professional consultants that these minor parties go to to maximise their possible quota vote. Then you have the guntotting Liberal Democrat candidate getting in only because nearly 10% of NSW voters confused him as being a Liberal or they just put in a donkey vote and he was first name on the ballot paper. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »

Thought I would start a thread to keep track of the loonies who will control the Senate and make Tony's life hell.
Here's the full six ...

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/six-people-you-won8217t-believe-could-be-elected/story-e6frfkp9-1226715202378#mm-breached

They won't make Tony's life hell though as they are conservative nutjobs and will support him on most things such the abolition of any form of Carbon pricing. In fact the only way they can make things difficult for Abbott is by making ultra-conservative demands to try and push the Libs towards the far-right such demanding the Libs make austerity cuts which Abbott has promised not to. Some will also oppose his PPL scheme which isn't a bad thing but politically it could put Abbott in a bind if he fails to get it through the Senate given he's promised it. Opposed to that though is Family First who not only want taxpayers to pay for Tony's PPL scheme but also a similar overly-generous scheme for all families (where the money is coming from is anyone's guess?).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 04:37:39 PM »
Some will also oppose his PPL scheme which isn't a bad thing but politically it could put Abbott in a bind if he fails to get it through the Senate given he's promised it.

What isn't a bad thing?

Tony's PPL scheme or that some will oppose it?

:cheers

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 05:06:39 PM »

This one reckons she's worse than Pauline Hanson.

:lol

'I don't back down': PUP's Tasmania candidate Jacqui Lambie warns Tony Abbott

Jacqui Lambie doesn't have a Senate seat yet, but already the former military policewoman from Tasmania has her sights fixed on Prime Minister-elect Tony Abbott.

"If he thinks that Pauline Hanson was a pain in the rear end, Tony Abbott better look out," she said. "He hasn't come up against Jacqui Lambie."

and...

The one-time Liberal supporter said from her home in Burnie: "It's far too much of a boys' club in the Liberals."

and...

"Tony Abbott will find out that, because of my military training, I don't back down," Ms Lambie said. "I was a military policewoman, and so before I make a decision I want to see all the facts on the table."

Her sights are currently set on policies such as the Coalition's paid parental leave scheme.

"This is absolutely ridiculous," Ms Lambie said. "You've got pensioners around me living off dog food, and who can't afford heating. It makes me wild."

At least the Coalition could take comfort from the space between the election result and the new Senate as Ms Lambie champs at the bit.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/i-dont-back-down-pups-tasmania-candidate-jacqui-lambie-warns-tony-abbott-20130909-2tfnk.html#ixzz2eNQV8rXo

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »

Still waiting for an answer

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 06:18:02 PM »

Sorry, are you talking to me?

:huh

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 06:27:07 PM »

Sorry, are you talking to me?

:huh

Yes

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »
There's already a politics thread. Merge