Author Topic: 2014 Membership: STRONG & BOLD - Bring the Roar Home  (Read 91134 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
2014 Membership: STRONG & BOLD - Bring the Roar Home
« on: September 10, 2013, 06:17:03 PM »
Some new reserve seats available in the Ponsford Sand in 2014
=====================

Richmond to rally in Ponsford Stand in 2014
By richmondfc.com.au
Exclusive to richmondfc.com.au
4:07pm AEST Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Richmond’s Level 2 Premiership Circle membership will expand into the Ponsford Stand at the MCG next year, turning a section of level 2 into a Richmond area during its home games.

Richmond fans that choose to purchase or upgrade to the Premiership Circle membership will have a Level 2 reserved seat in the Ponsford Stand for home games, exclusive access to the Dean Jones Bar at the MCG, as well as guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket, should Richmond be competing.  Outside of being a coterie member, Maurice Rioli and Premiership Circle memberships are the only way to guarantee yourself access to purchase a Grand Final ticket if the Club competes.

The Club has only 2000 reserved seats in the Ponsford Stand to sell, with 500 of these seats expected to be snapped up by those currently on the Premiership Circle waiting list.

Richmond attracted over one million footy fans to its games this year, topping the season with an all-time record crowd of almost 95,000 for the elimination final against Carlton.

Prices for Premiership circle memberships are: Adults $450, Concession $370, Children $150 and Family $1,140.

The only game that Richmond does not have access to reserved seating in the Ponsford Stand is when the Tigers play a home game against Collingwood, which happens every second year on average. Premiership Circle members in the Ponsford Stand will have general admission access for Collingwood home games, and this has been taken into consideration when pricing this product.

To find out more about the Premiership Circle membership, call Richmond’s membership team on 1300 742 466 or click here to register your interest.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-09-10/richmond-to-rally-in-ponsford-stand-in-2014
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:24:15 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: 2014 Membership: STRONG & BOLD - Bringing the Roar Home
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 08:33:25 PM »
I'd be getting n early just quietly, this will not last long :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 08:36:15 PM »

Oh perhaps it will

People prefer being at the Punt Road end not the city end

just quietly  ;D

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 08:37:36 PM »
Yeh,  nah..like sitting on the fence so when I yell my false teeth come flying out. :thumbsup

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 09:14:21 PM »

Oh perhaps it will

just quietly  ;D
A friend of mine who has a Collingwood membership (?Legends type) sits in the same reserve seat in the Ponsford Stand for both home AND away games!!!!  No wonder this membership can't give you your seat when we play Collingwood as the home team!  I'm already on level 2 in N51 which I think has the best views in the house.  And I can use it for Collingwood games too! So it's a NO from me!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 09:27:38 PM »
Inner Sanctum coterie have their room and reserved seats in the Ponsford. I'm in IS but I don't use those seats use my other ones around in N7

But for our Home this year against C'wood we got shunted to a room that was a 10 minute walk to the seats they got for us on the Olympic Stand. Lets just say IS members weren't happy   ;D

Have never understood why the RFC don't offer reserve away seating as part of its membership packages. I'd take the offer up in a heartbeat, would life easier than having to deal bloody Ticketek

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 09:42:12 PM »
Inner Sanctum coterie have their room and reserved seats in the Ponsford. I'm in IS but I don't use those seats use my other ones around in N7

But for our Home this year against C'wood we got shunted to a room that was a 10 minute walk to the seats they got for us on the Olympic Stand. Lets just say IS members weren't happy   ;D

Have never understood why the RFC don't offer reserve away seating as part of its membership packages. I'd take the offer up in a heartbeat, would life easier than having to deal bloody Ticketek

Wonder why that is WP.
My sister is a Collingwood member they do.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 09:52:19 PM »
Wonder why that is WP.

Asked once and got told, too much work, would take too many man hours for the costs involved, were concerned they wouldn't sell enough to make money on it and that simply they would not do it

Excuses, excuses.

I reckon trial it. Offer say 1000-2000 seats at for sale on 17 game m'ships and see what happens.

If they don't sell them out they sell the seats back to Ticketek it can't be that hard

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 10:25:58 PM »
Wonder why that is WP.

Asked once and got told, too much work, would take too many man hours for the costs involved, were concerned they wouldn't sell enough to make money on it and that simply they would not do it

Excuses, excuses.

I reckon trial it. Offer say 1000-2000 seats at for sale on 17 game m'ships and see what happens.

If they don't sell them out they sell the seats back to Ticketek it can't be that hard

I'll buy 2.. That's a start.
Do a survey of current members, how hard is that, I reckon.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 10:29:09 PM »

Oh perhaps it will

just quietly  ;D
That's true wp, I wouldn't consider it on that basis, I sit bh cheer sq in front of grog sq most games
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 11:14:45 PM »
Wonder why that is WP.

Excuses, excuses.

As a 3121 member I would sit in my reserved seat in N53 home and way if I could.
I love my seat it's the best view from there IMHO. :thumbsup

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 12:14:08 AM »
  Outside of being a coterie member, Maurice Rioli and Premiership Circle memberships are the only way to guarantee yourself access to purchase a Grand Final ticket if the Club competes.

Interesting use of the words "access to purchase"

Does that mean you are guaranteed a seat if you want it? Or you will be allowed to try and buy one?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 07:02:30 AM »
  Outside of being a coterie member, Maurice Rioli and Premiership Circle memberships are the only way to guarantee yourself access to purchase a Grand Final ticket if the Club competes.

Does that mean you are guaranteed a seat if you want it? Or you will be allowed to try and buy one?

The 2nd bit

"access to purchase" gives you access to the member's only sale of tickets on the Monday before any final (the 9am-1pm sale window this year) in weeks 1-3. Failure to utilise that and you just get access to the general public sale

Exactly the same as this year.  :banghead

No membership category, no coterie group were guaranteed a seat this year finals during in weeks 1-3 despite the wording of some of the "guaranteed" benefits of certain categories. All any of us were guaranteed was "access to purchase" in weeks 1-3  :banghead :banghead

Look for all categories to have the wording re finals tickets "tweaked" to reflect this for 2014

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 08:48:31 AM »

The 2nd bit

"access to purchase" gives you access to the member's only sale of tickets on the Monday before any final (the 9am-1pm sale window this year) in weeks 1-3. Failure to utilise that and you just get access to the general public sale

Exactly the same as this year.  :banghead

No membership category, no coterie group were guaranteed a seat this year finals during in weeks 1-3 despite the wording of some of the "guaranteed" benefits of certain categories. All any of us were guaranteed was "access to purchase" in weeks 1-3  :banghead :banghead

Look for all categories to have the wording re finals tickets "tweaked" to reflect this for 2014
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't weeks 1-3 'access to purchase' a finals ticket (subject to availability)? If we were to make the GF then coterie members, Maurice Rioli and Premiership Circle memberships would be guaranteed a ticket should they wish to purchase??

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 09:30:37 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't weeks 1-3 'access to purchase' a finals ticket (subject to availability)? If we were to make the GF then coterie members, Maurice Rioli and Premiership Circle memberships would be guaranteed a ticket should they wish to purchase??

Correct - access to purchase is technically subject to availability but the club will tell you (well they told me during our many conversation on this very sticky topic ;D) that membership gives you "priority access to purchase" that is the 4 hours window for members and that is better than what is offered to non-members  ;D