Author Topic: Trade hypothetical  (Read 3001 times)

tony_montana

Trade hypothetical
« on: September 17, 2013, 11:36:13 AM »
What would you deem acceptable for losing Dusty?

GWS: I think we'll be lucky to walk away with Adams as a straight swap and that's only as a goodwill gesture from them. We are all aware of the danger that he can walk to them in the psd for nada

Melbourne: Pick 2 minimum, tbh would want a sweetener maybe their second rounder, think Dusty is better than the prospective number 2 pick.

Brisbane: Their first pick and Longer or FO

Pies: Their first pick and their Daisy compensation, I know some people are a bit reticent but picks 10 and 11 are fair. Ellis and Vlastuin types together are >>>>Martin

Hawks: Got nothing they can offer us unless they trade into the first round in a big way.

Blues: Same as Hawks

Nought: lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade hypothetical
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 11:45:36 AM »
Carlton generally pay overs  :lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 11:46:13 AM »
Martin to GWS For Adams and Patton. Patton would be the Sweetener. A bit like taking a mortgaged property in Monopoly to close a deal. 

tony_montana

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 11:49:25 AM »
Martin to GWS For Adams and Patton. Patton would be the Sweetener. A bit like taking a mortgaged property in Monopoly to close a deal.

Why would they do that? If he nominates GWS as his preferred club, we wont get much as they don't have to. If we cant come to a trade agreement with GWS Dusty walks into the psd where GWS have 1st pick. As I said at best we'll get Adams in a straight swap and that's if GWS want to be amicable

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:05:28 PM »

Why would they do that? If he nominates GWS as his preferred club, we wont get much as they don't have to. If we cant come to a trade agreement with GWS Dusty walks into the psd where GWS have 1st pick. As I said at best we'll get Adams in a straight swap and that's if GWS want to be amicable

Interest from Melbourne helps a bit.

gerkin greg

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 12:05:55 PM »
2 first round draft picks, one of them in the Top 5, and a good player that has been in the system 3-4 years. Minimum.

Anything else I consider unacceptable and Dan Richardson and Blair Hartley should be sacked if they can't achieve that.

I'm not interested in 'breaking even' if Martin goes. It needs to be a massive win.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 12:48:31 PM »
2 first round draft picks, one of them in the Top 5, and a good player that has been in the system 3-4 years. Minimum.

Anything else I consider unacceptable and Dan Richardson and Blair Hartley should be sacked if they can't achieve that.

I'm not interested in 'breaking even' if Martin goes. It needs to be a massive win.
If he wants to go, we have little bargaining power.  He can just say he will walk into the PSD with a price on his head.  I can't see how you can sack our guys given this situation.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Didn't Roos fly to Perth recently to talk to Hogan and go through what they have planned for him....

Hopefully it went something like this 'Hoges, we're trading you to Richmond along with pick 2 for Dustin Martin, Dawesy and Clarky are our gun forwards'  :pray

Seriously, this would be a dream scenario.

Pick 2 and 19 to Tigers
Martin to Melbourne

Pick 2 to Adelaide
Sloane to Richmond

Pick 19 and Foley to GWS
Adams to Richmond 

:pray :pray :pray

Sloane, Adams and we keep pick 12
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

dwaino

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 12:55:04 PM »
GWS: the only thing stopping them from getting him for free is him not worrying where he goes and we get better offers forcing them to deal. Might not be enough for pick 1, but Adams plus something substantial or Patton (and some pick swapping to even it up for whoever is getting a raw deal).

Melbourne: pick 2 and a sweetener, no idea what but something we can use ourselves and then try and use pick 2 to deal with trying to get Adams, Longer etc.

Pies: 10 and 11 (or whatever they will be) then trying to use our 3 picks around there to get Longer, Adams and still having one to use ourselves.

They're the only ones off the top of my head that would suit us in the terms of most value. Other clubs have SFA.

Who knows, if Conca goes to Freo then say hello to at least another first round pick and we could go even harder for pick one and still remain in the first round ourselves.

gerkin greg

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 01:00:17 PM »

If he wants to go, we have little bargaining power.  He can just say he will walk into the PSD with a price on his head.  I can't see how you can sack our guys given this situation.

Little bargaining power? The count of suitors is already up to half a dozen clubs.

If we get screwed over at the contract table and then proceed to get screwed at the trade table, Richardson and Hartley should be burned in a petrol fire.

we rfc we ged fisty 4 fun pls cum ovr n say hai

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
GWS: the only thing stopping them from getting him for free is him not worrying where he goes and we get better offers forcing them to deal. Might not be enough for pick 1, but Adams plus something substantial or Patton (and some pick swapping to even it up for whoever is getting a raw deal).

Melbourne: pick 2 and a sweetener, no idea what but something we can use ourselves and then try and use pick 2 to deal with trying to get Adams, Longer etc.

Pies: 10 and 11 (or whatever they will be) then trying to use our 3 picks around there to get Longer, Adams and still having one to use ourselves.

They're the only ones off the top of my head that would suit us in the terms of most value. Other clubs have SFA.

Who knows, if Conca goes to Freo then say hello to at least another first round pick and we could go even harder for pick one and still remain in the first round ourselves.

From Melbourne how about Pick 2 and for the sweetener Sam Blease? This kid can play.  :thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 01:04:30 PM »

From Melbourne how about Pick 2 and for the sweetener Sam Blease? This kid can play.  :thumbsup

Could be a spot opening up in the ranga brigade too  :cheers

Offline Sandtiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 01:16:16 PM »
From Melbourne Pick 2 and Colin Sylvia? Would be pretty awesome to have h in our side.. 28 years old so still has a good 3 years left ;D

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 01:18:08 PM »
What would you deem acceptable for losing Dusty?

GWS: I think we'll be lucky to walk away with Adams as a straight swap and that's only as a goodwill gesture from them. We are all aware of the danger that he can walk to them in the psd for nada

Melbourne: Pick 2 minimum, tbh would want a sweetener maybe their second rounder, think Dusty is better than the prospective number 2 pick.

Brisbane: Their first pick and Longer or FO

Pies: Their first pick and their Daisy compensation, I know some people are a bit reticent but picks 10 and 11 are fair. Ellis and Vlastuin types together are >>>>Martin

Hawks: Got nothing they can offer us unless they trade into the first round in a big way.

Blues: Same as Hawks

Nought: lol
GWS may have to trade bud, if other are interested. The PSD would only occur if only GWS were interested. Of course, its still a possibility, but other teams will be in the hunt. As far as I see it, a disaster if that were to occur, and not in the Richmond off field I've seen of the last few years. With Adams keen to come home, I'd say its the most likely scenario. Straight swap would hurt, but beggars can't be chosers.

Melb. Pick 2 feels about right. What we've also got going for us, is that Melb already have the picks, they need some maturity and x factor, which Martin brings in spades. So giving up their pick 2 won't be ruled out.

I was talking with a Carlton mate yesterday, far fetched, but he was thinking Martin => Pies, Daisy => Blues, Kruezer => Tigs. Doesn't sound too far off the mark?

gerkin greg

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 01:23:23 PM »
I was talking with a Carlton mate yesterday, far fetched, but he was thinking Martin => Pies, Daisy => Blues, Kruezer => Tigs. Doesn't sound too far off the mark?

See this is a perfect example of why people that barrack for Carlscum have crap for brains