Author Topic: Woulda Coulda Shoulda  (Read 1802 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Woulda Coulda Shoulda
« on: September 22, 2013, 05:16:31 PM »
Re tyrone, he is 24, has had injuries, next year is TVs year, if we traded him i think that would be real mistake, we have waited for him to mature and 2014 he will repay RFC faithful.
And looking at our past draft choices and culture we only have ourselves to blame for not having won a flag.
We could have had , Richo, Pav, Ottens and Buddy all in the same team at the same time. Pretty good spine for any team.
I am trusting Dimma and his mob, they are doing a great job. If we get 2 finals next year that would be amazing.
If we get Dusty over the line that would be great.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Woulda Coulda Shoulda
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 05:19:50 PM »
As of April 2013 he was 22.  http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=16768.50;wap2

Did he has an accident with a time machine?

If we have had pav he would have done more than fiora meaning we would have likely not had vlastuin, cot chin...

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 07:56:37 PM »
As of April 2013 he was 22.  http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=16768.50;wap2

If we have had pav he would have done more than fiora meaning we would have likely not had vlastuin, cot chin...
Yeah we wouldnt have wasted our time trying to develop duds, all im saying is i Reckon we are in the zone now, dont go getting rid of KPPs like TV who is ready to burst onto the scene 24 big man we have taken the time to develop, why trade him? PLUS what time machine did you refer to? A flag is a flag 1, 3, or 5 years ago. We havent been in the finals for years FFS and its our own fault, now we are finally making correct decisions, hats off to BG, DH and the whole RFC organisation, great effort this year.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 08:02:19 PM »
Re tyrone, he is 24, has had injuries, next year is TVs year, if we traded him i think that would be real mistake, we have waited for him to mature and 2014 he will repay RFC faithful.
And looking at our past draft choices and culture we only have ourselves to blame for not having won a flag.
We could have had , Richo, Pav, Ottens and Buddy all in the same team at the same time. Pretty good spine for any team.
I am trusting Dimma and his mob, they are doing a great job. If we get 2 finals next year that would be amazing.
If we get Dusty over the line that would be great.
People say this all the time but it is wrong! If we drafted Pav instead of Fiora we would probably have improved and wouldn't have been in a position to draft Buddy. 
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 08:15:19 PM »
Pav may have left like Ottens. RFC has been unattractive until recently.

the claw

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 08:41:16 PM »

as of may 2013 he was 23.

all i can say is i really hope the op is correct. i was gladly admit i was wrong if tyrone becomes either a very good key forward or a starting #1 ruckman with the latter not likely to ever happen.
until tyrone actually becomes a good player in either role or both i will continue to criticise him.
the one saving grace he does habve is his age but even that clock is ticking down. hes going into yr 6 and pushing toward 100 games next yr there will be  few excuses left for him.

i have a general question why have so many talls failed at richmond for so long even under hardwick the trend continues.
vickery, astbury post hughes griffiths elton a 2nd yr player doesnt look like it we seem incapable of taking our share of decent tall players.
our record in this area has been abysmal and i for one have no confidence in our recruiters when it comes to talls.

Rampstar

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 09:05:39 PM »

all i can say is i really hope the op is correct. i was gladly admit i was wrong if tyrone becomes either a very good key forward or a starting #1 ruckman with the latter not likely to ever happen.
until tyrone actually becomes a good player in either role or both i will continue to criticise him.
the one saving grace he does habve is his age but even that clock is ticking down. hes going into yr 6 and pushing toward 100 games next yr there will be  few excuses left for him.

i have a general question why have so many talls failed at richmond for so long even under hardwick the trend continues.
vickery, astbury post hughes griffiths elton a 2nd yr player doesnt look like it we seem incapable of taking our share of decent tall players.
our record in this area has been abysmal and i for one have no confidence in our recruiters when it comes to talls.

vickery is 2 years away from being able to do what you want IMHO
astbury has been injury prone and not been able to get himself on the park
post was just a suburban footballer imho
hughes was going ok until he saw polak get hit by a tram
elton hasnt come on as Id hope but Im still hoping he will be ok

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 09:14:02 PM »
Vickers should be playing more time in the ruck!

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 11:13:01 PM »

vickery is 2 years away from being able to do what you want IMHO
astbury has been injury prone and not been able to get himself on the park
post was just a suburban footballer imho
hughes was going ok until he saw polak get hit by a tram
He hasnt come on as Id hope but Im still hoping he will be ok

EFA......we're all still waiting ;D

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 10:52:05 AM »
"i have a general question why have so many talls failed at richmond for so long even under hardwick the trend continues.
our record in this area has been abysmal and i for one have no confidence in our recruiters when it comes to talls."
Agree, maybe it is our development technique, expectation level, i recall from my friend Jules Verne we used to have Clark who we delisted/traded who went on to be a great rucman for Brisbane.
I just cant understand why griff isnt given more of a go.

gerkin greg

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 11:05:49 AM »
Big Vicks, leading contested marker at the RFC  :cheers

tony_montana

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 11:31:43 AM »
Don't get given enough of a go imo. Give them 6-7 game blocks then send them back to the 2nd's to work on deficiencies.