Author Topic: Who should we choose with our first draft pick?  (Read 34389 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Who should we choose with our first draft pick?
« on: October 03, 2013, 08:41:31 PM »
Opening the dialogue up: (Assuming we don't trade our pick for say Taylor Adams)

My pick has changed of late because of the loss of Matt White.  We need another midfielder but we don't want another slowish one.  We need someone with real leg speed. I think we really should go hard for Nathan Freeman from the Sandy Dragons.
181cm 85kg with the best burst of speed of anyone in the draft.  Very talented player that is also a clearance machine.

Thoughts?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Who should we choose with our first draft pick?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 08:51:39 PM »
Opening the dialogue up: (Assuming we don't trade our pick for say Taylor Adams)

My pick has changed of late because of the loss of Matt White.  We need another midfielder but we don't want another slowish one.  We need someone with real leg speed. I think we really should go hard for Nathan Freeman from the Sandy Dragons.
181cm 85kg with the best burst of speed of anyone in the draft.  Very talented player that is also a clearance machine.

Thoughts?

Sounds good, would be good to see links to highlight videos of the players recommended so we can compare. I can remember a thread like that during the Martin, Scully, Trengrove draft....really saw the goods in Martin way back then..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:01:34 PM »
Actually, just noted the results of todays combine.  He came second in the 20m sprint with a time of 2.82 seconds and first in the repeated sprints with a time of 23.62 seconds.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:16:18 PM »
Christian Salem is our man :thumbsup

Sandringham Dragons, 183cm, 82kg, 15/7/95
A smooth-moving and classy left-footed midfielder who also played a role for Vic Metro last year as it went on to win the division one title. Has a damaging kick and often sets up play as the linkman through the middle of the ground.

They say damaging kick but this kid is elite on both feet!! The kid will dish it up on a platter to our forwards for many years to come ;)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 09:17:50 PM »
I've heard a bit about this kid and if he slips through to us then like , whoa, look out :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 09:40:17 PM »
I've heard a bit about this kid and if he slips through to us then like , whoa, look out :shh

He'll Slip! we've had our eyes on this kid since birth, he's got a boot on him like a double sided scud missile and is more evasive than a rainbow chameleon sliding through Josephs technicolor dream coat! Whoa!!!

tony_montana

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 09:41:37 PM »
 :shh

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 09:44:11 PM »

He'll Slip! we've had our eyes on this kid since birth, he's got a boot on him like a double sided scud missile and is more evasive than a rainbow chameleon sliding through Josephs technicolor dream coat! Whoa!!!
Actually FJ was there at conception. :lol

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 09:45:10 PM »
Whoa Loui whoa  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 09:45:57 PM »
Actually if Ben Lennon slips to us, we'll pick him.  Best kick in the draft and was one of the kids training down at punt road like Cotchin did before he was drafted.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 10:22:28 PM »

Actually FJ was there at conception. :lol

Miss Salem  :shh

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 10:53:54 PM »
Actually if Ben Lennon slips to us, we'll pick him.  Best kick in the draft and was one of the kids training down at punt road like Cotchin did before he was drafted.
Yea I've heard a bit about him too, whatever, I haven't got a worry in the world with fj at the draft table, fair dinkum he could spot the next black cav at glance if he were at the yearling sales. He's a god damn genius at spotting talent and I'm still pinching myself we have him on the payroll  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

dwaino

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 11:35:35 PM »
 :ROTFL

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 01:26:02 AM »
 :lol :lol

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 07:39:09 AM »
If we pick a player that the club overlooks are we then qualified to slag off at the kid who got picked for the rest of his career?