Author Topic: AFL jumper sales - Richmond's guernsey is sixth most popular (afl site)  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: AFL jumper sales - Richmond's guernsey is sixth most popular (afl site)
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 12:18:51 PM »

You know nothing. Collingwood is the biggest club in the land and has sold poo all guernseys since switching to star. They used to sell way more through adidas. You saying we wouldn't sell more if we switched to adidas?

Firstly the club has sold out of guernsey this year and they are not sponsored by Adidas or Puma but KooGa so how do you explain that? Luck?

Further to that I am saying that if we were sitting with 2-8 win/loss ration after 10 rounds it would not matter which brand appears on the jumpers they would be harder to sell

Winning games of footy impacts on sales not the name

So no I don't think we would sell anymore if we switched.

So you're telling me if Carlton was with kooga instead of nike they would have sold more guernseys than us this year? You're telling me that if Collingwood was with Adidas they'd sell just that little bit more guernseys than us? Carlton had a crap year and sold more guernseys than us and so did Collingwood by their recent standards. LOL we hve our best season since 01 and can't sell more guernseys than Carlton. It may be that Kooga didn't supply as much as Adidas or Nike did to those clubs.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Rampstar

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 12:20:34 PM »

You know nothing. Collingwood is the biggest club in the land and has sold poo all guernseys since switching to star. They used to sell way more through adidas. You saying we wouldn't sell more if we switched to adidas?

Firstly the club has sold out of guernsey this year and they are not sponsored by Adidas or Puma but KooGa so how do you explain that? Luck?

Further to that I am saying that if we were sitting with 2-8 win/loss ration after 10 rounds it would not matter which brand appears on the jumpers they would be harder to sell

So you're telling me if Carlton was with kooga instead of nike they would have sold more guernseys than us this year? You're telling me that if Collingwood was with Adidas they'd sell just that little bit more guernseys than us? Carlton had a crap year and sold more guernseys than us and so did Collingwood by their recent standards. LOL we hve our best season since 01 and can't sell more guernseys than Carlton. It may be that Kooga didn't supply as much as Adidas or Nike did to those clubs.
thats just a supply issue and nothing to do with the name of the brand. maybe we didnt order enough ourselves as a club?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 12:52:25 PM »

thats just a supply issue and nothing to do with the name of the brand. maybe we didnt order enough ourselves as a club?

That may be true but I know of some Richmond supporters that don't buy the kooga gear because it's not Adidas or Puma. That's just how it is these days
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 01:46:53 PM »
That was almost the first decent post you have ever written until you put a gay hashtag in there, BJ. Oh well.

As the dancing man says, brand has nothing to do with it. I'm wearing our clash jumper with motorola logo thing on it as we speak. It's windy here, is it windy there?
Matt Dea told me it's windy. But he's in Rio and has no bearing on what it's like here so can't tell you.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 06:30:06 PM »

What I am saying and can I make it any clearly for you is that I don't believe the brand name on the guernsey makes any difference - results do

I would love to see last years numbers. I think you will find that our sales are up considerably on last year, while a number of clubs are down. That info would give a much better idea of where we have come from.

And just to give you lesson on how apparel deals work. Gear used by the club in the footy dept mainly is supplied under the apparel agreement. Majority of merchandise in the store is purchased and bought in for sale and is separate to that supplied under the apparel deal.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 10:50:29 AM »
Bring back the old school jumpers which needed to be laced up the front. Guaranteed 100% sales :D

dwaino

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 12:56:12 PM »
Only reason Rebel Sport can move Miami Heat jerseys is because they're Adidas  ::)