Author Topic: Watters Goneski  (Read 4953 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Watters Goneski
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2013, 02:58:55 PM »
$500k for Watters.  :o  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2013, 02:50:57 AM »
St Kilda is expected to approach former Carlton coach Brett Ratten as part of its canvassing for a new senior coach.

Understood to be on the Saints' shortlist of candidates are former Port Adelaide coach Mark Williams, who is an assistant at Richmond, former club champion Robert Harvey, who is working as senior assistant at Collingwood, and current assistant coach Adam Kingsley.

The club will approach Port Adelaide assistant coach Alan Richardson and long-term Kangaroos assistant Darren Crocker, who was the caretaker coach at North Melbourne when Dean Laidley left the club.

The Saints would also be expected to approach former Brisbane Lions coach Michael Voss.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/ratten-in-saints-sights-to-take-on-coaching-job-20131104-2wx76.html#ixzz2jh0RpovS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is understood former Carlton coach Brett Ratten is rated highly by the Saints and is on a list of candidates that includes Port Adelaide premiership coach Mark Williams, current Port assistant Alan Richardson, former Brisbane coach Michael Voss and former Essendon coach Matthew Knights.

Club legends Robert Harvey and Danny Frawley are expected to be sounded out - although Frawley, who coached Richmond from 2000-2004, indicated yesterday he would not consider the role.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-will-start-interviewing-for-a-new-coach-this-week/story-fnelctok-1226753022788

tony_montana

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2013, 01:45:10 PM »
3AW Sports Today ‏@3AWSportsToday twitter:

"Richmond may have to find a replacement for Mark Williams who the Saints are going after"

So it appears the Aints havent got a replacement lined up

Reckon they will be going after lots of blokes. Not sure how many would want the job

Perhaps they should bring back Grant Thomas  ;D

Or make big Nick  :'( Reiwoldt Captain-Coach  ;D

The possibilities are endless  :rollin

They are trying to bring Thomas back in a role. He was actually a good coach you know. He turned that club around only for Lyon to come in and leave their list in chaos
Problem for Thomas is they just used 2 high draft picks on young rucks so he'd have to play them.  :lol

That's the deal breaker  :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 04:16:57 PM »
Trent Knobel played a full year for St Kilda under Thomas.

tony_montana

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2013, 04:18:38 PM »
yeah but Knobel is the exception, he was a gun

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2013, 08:20:05 PM »
lol....poor old Barry Brooks kicks 6 in a wet game at the Gabba and gets delisted 2 weeks later.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2013, 09:41:33 PM »
It was always going to end in tears for whichever coach took over from Lyon. The Saints' list was aging with no quality youth coming through to replace the core group that got them to three GFs. Lyon, as a career coach, knew the list was shot and smartly got out of there before the proverbial hit the fan. Their list needs a total rebuild from scratch and even now whoever takes over most likely won't see the job finished. As we know a total rebuild from scratch can take almost a decade and no coach will survive that long without any finals appearances. No one who wants to become a career coach will go near them even ignoring the cultural problems. The job is a coach killer.

As for the decision to sack Watters now, I'm not sure what was more a farce...

- That it was only 3 weeks ago a review into the footy dept. kept Watters on. If all this division and friction between senior coach and the rest of the footy dept. exists then it would have existed 3 weeks ago. Watters had been at the Club for two years so they would've clearly known what he was like and how he operated.

- That the coach was sacked in November without any plan to replace him.

- That the Club president yesterday gave one of the most embarrassing press conference of all time. He avoided giving any explanations to any of the questions asked. It pretty much went "no comment", "private matter", "no comment", "result of a process", "no comment", "hope we have new coach in a month", "no comment". Not that I care but if you were a Saints' member (god forbid), you would be expecting some explanation as to why your coach was sacked now. The sacking of any key personnel in a multi-million dollar business as footy is today and answerable to 35,000 members is not a private matter :huh3 .

- That the Club waited until after the free agency/trade period to sack the coach that was used to attract and retain players. Would say a Montagna have stayed if he knew yet another new coach was coming in? Would a Longer have agreed to leave one off-field circus at Brisbane to sign up with an even bigger one if he was asked to sign up with a club without a senior coach in November.

What next for that Seaford rabble? Hire the Mad monday pyrotechnic dwarf or Kimmy the psychotic schoolgirl as their next senior coach? Seriously it wouldn't surprise me if they have to resort to a Spud Frawley/Robery Harvey "succession plan". No one in their right mind from outside St Kilda will go near them.

Bullseye!  They are a mess, what club lets players hire a dwarf  :o   It can only end in tears. :police:   

How about 13 year old dancing girls  :angel: or something equally as stupid.  A St Kilda mate always talks of the club as being a bunch of drunkards  :cheers since the 70's.  On a scandals per year basis you'd have to think St Kilda is up there in 1st or 2nd place over the last 20-30 years.  I wonder if such a list exists.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2013, 02:23:52 PM »
yeah but Knobel is the exception, he was a gun

You are taking the pee but he actually was an outstanding ruckman. Average at the best of times around the ground but his ruckwork was a thing of beauty.

lol....poor old Barry Brooks kicks 6 in a wet game at the Gabba and gets delisted 2 weeks later.

Lovely kid, very talented as well. Far too nice for a ruckman though ;D

tony_montana

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2013, 03:49:31 PM »
Just a slight tinkle coach, was a competitive beast in the contest

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2013, 08:05:35 PM »
Bring back Stan
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”