Author Topic: Choco block: Tiges may step in (Age)  (Read 9348 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Choco block: Tiges may step in (Age)
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 03:43:56 PM »
But YBB based on Benny's comments, if he gets the gig at the Aint's, we are not going to stand in his way.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 03:51:09 PM »
We need to make up a scandal involving Chocco and a dwarf!
Now!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 04:26:16 PM »
Could just get one of Kingy's mates to offer Choco an offer he can't refuse.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers tighten grip on Choco (RFC site)
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 04:41:54 PM »
Tigers tighten grip on Choco

richmondfc.com.au 
November 7, 2013 2:55 PM

Richmond hasn’t ruled out blocking a prospective St Kilda bid to appoint Mark Williams as its senior coach.

The vastly-experienced, highly-regarded Williams, who is midway through a two-year deal as Richmond’s senior development coach, is reportedly one of the leading candidates for the position vacated when St Kilda sacked Scott Watters last Friday.

Richmond is wary of the potential disruption to its own plans for 2014.

“I’d like to think that St Kilda would accept and acknowledge the fact that Mark (Williams) is an extremely valued and highly competent employee of the Richmond Football Club,” the Tigers’ chief executive Brendon Gale told ‘The Age’.

“In all the given circumstances, including the late nature of the approach, it (insisting Williams’ contract is honoured) wouldn’t be an unreasonable position for us.

“We will await the outcome of St Kilda’s process before making a decision.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-11-07/tigers-tighten-grip-on-choco

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 04:46:22 PM »
Saints should fold. If they didn't win a flag in the last ten they in trouble for the foreseeable futire
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:29:26 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 05:04:14 PM »
what a crock of poo this story is
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 06:09:26 PM »
The thing that surprises me in all this is why someone with Choco's reputation would risk all that to go to a rabble of a club that has all but thrown their hands in the air for the next few years.  They are in a horrible position list-wise and cannot possibly rise to a tilt at success within the next foreseeable 3-5 years.  This isn't Meltank who have had the AFL come to their rescue to the tune of millions of $$s and plum appointments, this is St Failure who have plummeted back to the bottom all on their own with no white knight visible on the horizon.  We can only hope he sees them for what they are and decides that a premiership with us in the next year or 2 is far more appealing.

tony_montana

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 06:21:43 PM »
Even if he doesn't achieve ultimate success there, he wants to coach and improving that rabble will increase his rep, not to mention the significant pay increase if he gets the gig.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 06:26:22 PM »
I get the $$s TM and that has got to play a big part in any decision but Choco comes across as a man with no shortage of ego and I just can't relate that to the high possibility of failure in taking that rabble on.  Their problems go much deeper than just their list and he wasn't able to stem the bleeding at Port (where he was held in very high regard as a favourite son) when they started to falter.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 06:27:39 PM »
I think the point here is that the headline was an opportunity missed, surely it could've been

"Benny Gale chockablock up Saints Michael Nettlefold over coach poach"
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 07:33:14 PM »
Mark Stevens on Ch 7 news tonight interviewed Choco today and Choco said he had a meeting with the Saints today. Stevens said Williams and Saints' assistant coach Adam Kingsley were the leading two contenders vying for the St Kilda job.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 08:30:45 PM »
Saints should hire a coach from New Zealand, someone who can also help them re locate in a couple of years time....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 03:52:03 AM »
St Kilda begins interviews for new coach, no sign of Robert Harvey

Jon Ralph
    November 08, 2013 10:00PM

MARK Williams is the raging favourite for St Kilda's senior role, but club legend Robert Harvey will not be the successor to sacked coach Scott Watters.

St Kilda has interviewed a handful of candidates this week and expects to start second-round interviews as early as Monday.

But while Harvey was raised as a contender last week, it is understood he has not been contacted by the St Kilda coaching selection panel.

He has an expanded role as a senior assistant at Collingwood and is happy at the Westpac Centre.

The dual Brownlow medallist is aware he still needs to grow in his role and will be handed considerable responsibilities by Nathan Buckley over the coming pre-season.

Port Adelaide premiership coach Williams has been one of a handful of senior assistants interviewed already since Watters' sacking last Monday.

Port Adelaide senior assistant Alan Richardson told St Kilda days ago he was not interested, with current Saints assistants Adam Kingsley and Simon McPhee also interviewed by the panel.

Ex-Carlton coach Brett Ratten has not been contacted and former Brisbane coach Michael Voss is also set for a TV special comments role rather than returning to coaching next year.

It is not known if ex-Essendon coach Matthew Knights is still be considered, or if other left-field candidates have emerged.

But Williams clearly has the rails run, as industry figures scoffed at talk Richmond might stop him from moving to a senior coaching role.

AFL Coaches' Association boss Danny Frawley said yesterday there was no precedent for a club to stop an assistant coach being promoted to a head role elsewhere.

"If a coach at another club gets approved by St Kilda and offered the job I think the industry would see fit to have him released to a senior position,'' he told the Herald Sun.

"It would not be ideal to lose a senior person this late but I would have thought if someone gets a senior coaching role, their club would release them."

St Kilda is not believed to be interested in a succession plan, but is aware if Williams was to be appointed he would need strong direction from the football department.

He is a football genius but with a strong eccentric streak, with Richmond coach Damien Hardwick and Brendon Gale both jokingly describing him as "mad" this year.

Williams case was pushed by new defender Josh Bruce yesterday, who played under him at Greater Western Sydney.

"Choco was great," Bruce said yesterday.

"He's a really good teacher of young players. I think he'd be quite suitable for this group, as well as many other coaches who've been thrown up there.

"If Choco were to come to the Saints, obviously he'd be welcomed here with open arms and I'd love to be under his tutelage again. He's a fantastic coach."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-begins-interviews-for-new-coach-no-sign-of-robert-harvey/story-fndv8ufg-1226756061984#mm-breached

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 06:34:43 AM »
Tudor would be a better fit imo, but it's looking like Choco might be heading to Seaford.

The one benefit from all this is that Martin signed on the dotted line while we still had Choco at the club.
10 PREMIERSHIPS

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 07:58:12 AM »
There is no benefit to choco leaving

The club will go searching for duds to replace choco cause gun assistants like Tudor have already been taken

Look around who is left? Leppa and choco left and we went and signed mcqualter instead of hitting up quality assistants

Amateurs
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.