Author Topic: Taking on the opposition players............  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Taking on the opposition players............
« on: June 18, 2005, 11:03:25 PM »
We do it so bloody much, try to bump our way through, side step, or show them the fake, and half the time tonight we got caught and/or stuffed it up.

Get the ball, and kick it, and not try to sidestep the entire crows midfield!  :banghead :help

« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 11:04:58 PM by Razorblade »

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: Taking on the opposition players............
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 11:08:17 PM »
From early in the first quarter we were pushing it wide to the flanks and the wing.

It was a bad sign  :help

The 10 minutes in the 3rd where we went more direct was the only encouraging football for the night, but alas, as soon as some more pressure was applied we went straight back to the old habits.

And I went back to some old habits too. Straight to the bar.

Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 11:08:49 PM »
Yeah it's disappointing. A lack of talk and a lack of peripheral vision in our players doesn't help. I agree, know your limitations and grab the thing and kick it!

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 11:58:10 AM »

And I went back to some old habits too. Straight to the bar.

Lol I went back to that habit last week Dallas! hehehe

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 12:24:12 PM »
Yeah it's disappointing. A lack of talk and a lack of peripheral vision in our players doesn't help. I agree, know your limitations and grab the thing and kick it!

Aint that the truth JohnF! The abvious lack of communication on the field and you have blokes getting pinged - example look at Jackson in the third it was like he's running around in circles because NO-ONE was talking to him - everyone else was being reactive rather than pro-active.

Look at Bowden in the second running through the centre - great sheppard by Jackson to take out the Crows player but what was Hyde doing - no attempt at a sheppard and by the looks of it on the replay no talking. The Bowden play was the right one IF he has support, he didn't turnover - GOAL :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 01:34:34 PM »
Bowden had ample opportunity to kick the ball, but you could tell by his body language that he wanted to go "all the way" and have a shot at goal, what happened.................... GAWN!  :banghead

I think Tivs was the only one who tried it more then once and actually got away with it aka kicked it when he should of!  :thumbsup

Re: Jackson slipping, could of disposed of it before, and after he slipped twice, no excuses IMHO.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 05:17:32 PM »
We do it so bloody much, try to bump our way through, side step, or show them the fake, and half the time tonight we got caught and/or stuffed it up.

Get the ball, and kick it, and not try to sidestep the entire crows midfield!  :banghead :help

You would get away with it if it was something you only did occasionally so your opponent was expecting it. But we tried to take them on with nearly every possession  ???. That comes across to me as players losing faith in their teammates to do their job so they think they need to do something themselves.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd