Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 242576 times)

the claw

Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2014, 07:36:17 PM »
im still wondering if we have a mid in lennon. i suppose time will tell.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2014, 07:37:29 PM »
Youbdont rate Mac?

He was a father/son pick..  he was always going to North..  He's not underrated.. 

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2014, 08:10:19 PM »
im still wondering if we have a mid in lennon. i suppose time will tell.

High half forward for mine claw. Think his foot skills, pace and marking capabilities will be a real asset to our link play and delivery inside our F50.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2014, 02:07:14 PM »
Hopefully becomes a Jack Darling?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2014, 01:53:51 PM »
Was told by a bloke that watches his TAC cup side often

Vladimir kicks regularly 60 meter Buckley-like (collingwood fan) laser beams off one step literally

To clarify what kicking of one step he performed the action with a fake football and I was rather impressed by the prospect young vlad

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:28:31 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2014, 03:34:14 PM »
Claw wanted Billy Longer at 12.
Let's just wait and see how their respective careers pan out.
I know where my money would be.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2014, 10:12:41 PM »
Claw wanted Billy Longer at 12.
Let's just wait and see how their respective careers pan out.
I know where my money would be.....
no i put up an alternative path we could have taken  in getting hampson.  get it right my scenario if the trade could have been done would have allowed us to take longer a top 10 pick in 2011, gain pick 25 trent dumont and keep pick 32 george hewitt as  examples. just a slight difference there eh.

i prefer we went this way because of hampson. i dont rate the bloke based almost entirely on his abysmal record at carlton over 7yrs and 63games.
like all tiger supporters im now hoping like hell the hampster does an ivan maric but i cant see it.

as i have stated several times after the trade period and going with what picks we had i wanted blake acres at pick 12.

dwaino

« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2014, 10:25:27 PM »
If I won tatts I'd be a millionaire.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2014, 12:49:42 PM »
Draft Days: How three young stars pursued their AFL dreams
Callum Twomey 
afl.com.au
February 9, 2014

IN 2013, AFL.com.au tracked the progress of three childhood friends on their path to the draft in the documentary Draft Days: 3 Of A Kind.

Jack Billings, Luke McDonald and Ben Lennon all ended the year as very early draft picks for St Kilda, North Melbourne and Richmond, and headed to their new AFL clubs ready to be full-time footballers.

Their friendship had developed at junior level as teammates and opponents, before they went through all the Victorian representative squads together and formed a close bond.

But no passage to the draft is straightforward.

Through a number of interviews with each of the prospects across the year, Draft Days captures the differing emotions of being a draftee: the uncertainty, nerves and excitement of waiting until the end of November to have so many questions answered.

Draft Days gives a candid insight into what makes the trio tick, delves into their friendship, how they prepare for games, their home and social life, and their different personalities.

Draft Days follows the trio from before the important under-18 championships in May through to December, where they are interviewed while settling into their AFL careers with their lives changing rapidly. 

Despite being highly touted juniors and enjoying successes, each had his challenges in his draft year, which evolve throughout the Draft Days documentary.

Lennon, too, wanted to prove to people he could play consistently and progress to a midfield role, while overcoming a troublesome ankle injury.

Draft Days: 3 Of A Kind will screen over four days on AFL.com.au next week, starting on Monday, February 10 through to Thursday, February, 13.

At the end of the week, a full version of the Draft Days documentary from start to finish will be available to watch.

Watch the trailer here: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-09/journey-to-the-big-time

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2014, 06:45:24 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2014, 12:49:29 PM »

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2014, 02:40:07 PM »
I've been enjoying this doco. Lennon seems like a nice kid. Now that I know he went to Ivanhoe Grammar I can understand where the haircut came from. Hopefully he can be convinced to shave his head going forward  :P

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2014, 12:25:23 PM »

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2014, 12:32:55 PM »
Looks like a quality kid. Even on the short clips they showed of him training he was very clean with his disposals.

It was funny watch McDonald at North train. Dalsanto (sp?) absolutely cleaned him up in a repeat one-on-one drill where you had to wrestle and fight to win the ball. Then he was matched up on Nahas and the young 18yr smashed him.  :lol

dwaino

« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2014, 12:49:44 PM »
From watching that doco macdonald seems like a tool.