Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 230160 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #1290 on: August 15, 2016, 05:12:14 PM »
What are you all on, this guy has been stuffed around relentlessly, had injury issues and half you muppets are bagging the poo out of him.

Really take a good long look at yourselves.

one minute you say play the kids, then you say get rid of them, seriously you must be on psychotropic drugs.
:clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1291 on: August 15, 2016, 05:15:11 PM »
What are you all on, this guy has been stuffed around relentlessly, had injury issues and half you muppets are bagging the poo out of him.

one minute you say play the kids, then you say get rid of them, seriously you must be on psychotropic drugs.
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1292 on: August 15, 2016, 05:54:09 PM »

Seriously Jackstar, how can you target Lennon but excuse the exact same mistakes from Hampson, Hunt and Grigg? Spare me any hit outs, best we got, GPS results or anything else because that's just a cop out. Why do you expect a young player riddled with injury to produce the goods when some of the duds you support week in week out can't do any better?

Excellent post

Jack, you want to pot Lennon, then pot the rest of them who made similar errors, starting with your poster boy Hammer who until his hideous ball watching in the last qtr had been good. But that mistake by your poster boy was pathetic.

Well our thoughts on the game differ
Hammer was given our 2nd best by some media outlets
10 possessions
All contested
Lennon was terrible when it mattered
the two errors when he hand balled I think over Rioli head was under 13 stuff
Anyway , that's my opinion
It is a forum after all

I wasn't referring to Hampsons game today but rather overall, because even when he's been poor you backed him in. But what about the other two?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1293 on: August 15, 2016, 05:57:08 PM »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1294 on: August 15, 2016, 06:01:41 PM »
Concur.
Caracella and Balmey.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1295 on: August 15, 2016, 06:47:14 PM »

The epitome of accepting mediocrity. He was very poor yesterday and deserves a whack.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1296 on: August 15, 2016, 06:49:29 PM »
You can still be in support of playing the kids and have an opinion on their performances. They're not mutually exclusive.

I would be trading Lennon. 

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1297 on: August 15, 2016, 06:56:03 PM »

Seriously Jackstar, how can you target Lennon but excuse the exact same mistakes from Hampson, Hunt and Grigg? Spare me any hit outs, best we got, GPS results or anything else because that's just a cop out. Why do you expect a young player riddled with injury to produce the goods when some of the duds you support week in week out can't do any better?

Excellent post

Jack, you want to pot Lennon, then pot the rest of them who made similar errors, starting with your poster boy Hammer who until his hideous ball watching in the last qtr had been good. But that mistake by your poster boy was pathetic.

Well our thoughts on the game differ
Hammer was given our 2nd best by some media outlets
10 possessions
All contested
Lennon was terrible when it mattered
the two errors when he hand balled I think over Rioli head was under 13 stuff
Anyway , that's my opinion
It is a forum after all

I wasn't referring to Hampsons game today but rather overall, because even when he's been poor you backed him in. But what about the other two?

But even if we were talking about that game it is the bare minimum you should expect from your number 1 ruckman.  Actually most ruckman in the AFL would see that game as a below average performance if that was them.

Because we expect on average a six possession game from Hampson, just because he got 10'does that make his game good?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1298 on: August 15, 2016, 07:18:51 PM »
Truth is, people's anger is from the fact we have nothing.
We develop nothing.
We recruit nothing.
We go nowhere.

There's no point.
Caracella and Balmey.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1299 on: August 15, 2016, 07:30:37 PM »
You guys just don't get it.

It was his first game back after only playing one in the two's. He clearly lacked touch and seemed lost with the pace of the game. He as experienced a terrible run of injuries. It didn't surprise me how he performed at all. Yet he still had the class to kick a vital goal when he had the opportunity. I would continue to show faith in him. He was a champion school boy and you don't lose ability, just confidence.

Yes, he was poor, but he'll get better fast and surpass many of the duds we continue to pick. If you don't understand that then you have no idea of what you have to do to help encourage young players. :whistle

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1300 on: August 15, 2016, 07:35:19 PM »
You guys just don't get it.

It was his first game back after only playing one in the two's. He clearly lacked touch and seemed lost with the pace of the game. He as experienced a terrible run of injuries. It didn't surprise me how he performed at all. Yet he still had the class to kick a vital goal when he had the opportunity. I would continue to show faith in him. He was a champion school boy and you don't lose ability, just confidence.

Yes, he was poor, but he'll get better fast and surpass many of the duds we continue to pick. If you don't understand that then you have no idea of what you have to do to help encourage young players. :whistle

I agree with a lot of what you have to say and I certainly haven't given up on him.

What I found most disappointing with his performance yesterday was his intensity and desire. I take your points; its unfair on him to expect a performance on par with some of the other younger guys but I honestly felt he didn't want to be out there and didn't want to compete. I hope he gets the last two games of the year and he can get some confidence under the belt - but his attitude really showed me why he hasn't been getting the starts we all felt he should have been getting.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1301 on: August 16, 2016, 11:37:59 AM »
Lennon was good.  Better than Edwards who has been there forever.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1302 on: August 16, 2016, 11:43:50 AM »
Lennon was good.  Better than Edwards who has been there forever.

Sorry but as a Lennon lover even I think that is ludicrous
Lennon was poor, very poor

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #1303 on: August 16, 2016, 12:28:11 PM »
I am still staggered that Lennon got a two year contract at the end of last year
No defensive skills at all
Club very critical of this
Please

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1304 on: August 16, 2016, 12:36:43 PM »
I am still staggered that Lennon got a two year contract at the end of last year
No defensive skills at all
Club very critical of this
Please
Laid one of the few good tackles in our forward 50m which was rewarded. Then kicked beautifully. :shh