Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 226507 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #1845 on: March 31, 2017, 04:46:16 PM »
What took his game to a level above what he's ever produced was his pressure and intent to at least make a contest. Few balls he got his hands to he dropped but once he feels like he should be out there I'm sure he'll stick them. Let's see how he backs it up...

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1846 on: March 31, 2017, 11:03:10 PM »
Did okay, kicked a crucial goal in the 3rd with a beautiful set shot. Still not 100% convinced. Played as well as any player with his credentials and experience should. More please Ben!  :gotigers

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1847 on: April 01, 2017, 04:12:35 AM »
At last, hope not a flash in the pan

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1848 on: April 01, 2017, 08:02:43 AM »
Not convinced but definitely better.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1849 on: April 01, 2017, 06:46:34 PM »
any improvement makes him look like a star compared to the poo he served up before, agree with tigeritis.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1850 on: April 02, 2017, 02:37:29 AM »
any improvement makes him look like a star compared to the poo he served up before, agree with tigeritis.

Y u such a h8er man?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1851 on: April 02, 2017, 05:46:14 AM »
Hooter the Hater
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1852 on: April 02, 2017, 06:43:24 PM »
dunno, I think it was the limp wristed javelin toss that did it for me.  I thought to my self, self, if that lazy bastard can't even put some testosterone into throwing a stuffing javelin, why would he bother pulling his finger out with something that took some real sustained effort?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1854 on: November 27, 2017, 10:06:02 PM »
Whateber
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1855 on: November 28, 2017, 05:16:34 PM »
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-27/axed-tiger-next-in-line-to-take-the-punt
Puts an end to the talk that he wanted out to go to Carlton. Footy was clearly not the be all and end all for him.

I wouldn't have seen Lennon as a NFL punter type either. Blokes like Darren Bennett were massively long kicks so they could generate more air time and control it when they switched to kicking a pigskin. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1856 on: November 28, 2017, 05:19:59 PM »
I wish him all the best in his new career choice.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1857 on: November 28, 2017, 06:14:49 PM »
Hope he has other options, beyond AFL and NFL...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1858 on: December 03, 2017, 02:34:34 PM »
Lennon realised early in the year he may need to look elsewhere or go down a new path and that’s when American football became an option.

“It was probably the first quarter of the year when I was in and out of the team, I found myself playing VFL and had two mates who are over in the States at the moment ... I spoke to them and thought I might give this a crack,” Lennon told SEN.

“It wasn’t until later this year when I got delisted and I thought I’m still pretty keen to play at a high level with a sport but I didn’t know if it was with footy.

“I had a few meetings and came to the decision that this is a really good journey for me and I’m going to give it a crack.”

A former No.12 draft pick, Lennon has not yet shut the door completely on reviving his AFL career but it is no longer his top priority.

“At this point in time my eggs are more in the NFL basket, so that’s my main goal at the moment, that’s my main priority,” he said.

“But obviously if things don’t work out and I don’t make the NFL, well then I’ll still only be 26-27 and I’m not really sure, I can’t talk for 3-4 years down the track but it’s something I’ll definitely have to sit down and weigh up at the time.”

Lennon played just 21 career games in four years at Richmond after being selected with pick No.12 in the 2013 national draft.

He endured his fair share of injuries and was struck down by glandular fever ahead of the 2016 season but in the end his playing style — as more a marking forward than a pressure crumber at 188cm — there wasn’t a role for him at Richmond.

There is a “sour taste” after playing mostly VFL throughout his short AFL career but no hard feelings.

“I tried to get out of the club back in 2016 and that didn’t work and I obviously fell out of favour this year,” he said.

“The way the game is going now you need small, quick players to put pressure on and that’s something that probably wasn’t my main strength.

“I had to play a lot of VFL footy and at the end of the day that was pretty frustrating, you’re not there to play VFL

“I guess there is a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth but that’s nothing against Damien (coach Damien Hardwick), he’s obviously done a good job and we won the premiership.

“It doesn’t always work out the way you want it to but I’m just hoping to have another crack at a different sport and make the best out of it.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/former-richmond-forward-ben-lennon-training-to-pursue-nfl-punting-career/news-story/fab395f08b991e6b043b24da401033e0

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1859 on: December 03, 2017, 03:42:01 PM »
Missed the after the siren sealer to win the vfl grand final.

He won’t make it in the NFL.
The club that keeps giving.