Author Topic: Nathan Gordon [merged]  (Read 20962 times)

Gigantor

Re: Pick 50: Nathan Gordon
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2014, 10:05:23 AM »
as a sub did he show more than matty white?.....not yet anyway

Rampstar

« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2014, 11:29:24 AM »
Gordon has a better all round game that Matt White and in time I think he will become a good player and certainly a better player than Matty White who basically only had 1 good season in about 8 at Richmond.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2014, 11:34:32 AM »
Gordon has a better all round game that Matt White and in time I think he will become a good player and certainly a better player than Matty White who basically only had 1 good season in about 8 at Richmond.

Well said. In Matt Whites defense, I don't think he was given enough opportunity to develop his game in previous years. The sub gave him that opportunity to be an impact player.

Go Flesh Gordon!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2014, 11:37:33 AM »
If vlastuin wasn't very brave, flash would have Likly only been given ten mins

tony_montana

« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2014, 12:34:15 PM »
If vlastuin wasn't very brave, flash would have Likly only been given ten mins

and then dropped for Deledio next week

He still might be..

Online RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2014, 03:18:36 PM »
I remember seeing a missed shot at goal from 20 metres in the last 50 seconds and was thinking it was Edwards, but was in fact Gordon who muffed it.

Just gone back and looked at the replay after the Gia goal. We got a contested ball at HB where Vickery, after an assist from Astbury, handballed to Gordon who handballed to Grimes who handballed to Chaplin who kicked to TV who flicked it over to Gordon, who had also kept running.

He kicked to Jackson in the guts who gave it to Houli who kicked to Jack but it fell well short and Griffith tapped it to Jack who gave a great handball to Edwards who gave the little give to Gordon who muffed it from 20 out under pressure.

Bad luck for the guy to miss the sealer and maybe he should have kicked it, but when you look at an effort where he ran full bore from HB to FF and was involved three times, you've got to give a little leeway and at least congratulate the effort.

Bad luck son but keep hammering away.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2014, 03:21:17 PM »
Ate the frog to eat the fly shy of why did the women at the fly

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2014, 03:33:25 PM »
I remember seeing a missed shot at goal from 20 metres in the last 50 seconds and was thinking it was Edwards, but was in fact Gordon who muffed it.

Just gone back and looked at the replay after the Gia goal. We got a contested ball at HB where Vickery, after an assist from Astbury, handballed to Gordon who handballed to Grimes who handballed to Chaplin who kicked to TV who flicked it over to Gordon, who had also kept running.

He kicked to Jackson in the guts who gave it to Houli who kicked to Jack but it fell well short and Griffith tapped it to Jack who gave a great handball to Edwards who gave the little give to Gordon who muffed it from 20 out under pressure.

Bad luck for the guy to miss the sealer and maybe he should have kicked it, but when you look at an effort where he ran full bore from HB to FF and was involved three times, you've got to give a little leeway and at least congratulate the effort.

Bad luck son but keep hammering away.

Good summary, I have 2 criticsms:
firstly, Gordan should have gone long instead of kicking it into the corridor sideways.
secondly, having gone into the corridor, and it finding its way to Houli - he had 2 fwds coming at him and JR8 a bit further back...Griff was in the clear (as from memory was Ty - I think around the 50 m arc).  He should have kicked it to Griff and maybe he meant to, but it went over Griff's head and all Griff could do was tap to JR8 - but he should have been having a set shot.

As for Gordon's missed shot, I agree, he was spent running from half back to be an option up forward and was under pressure.  I dont blame that shot, I blame the Houli kick earlier.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2014, 03:40:03 PM »
I saw that effort too.

He was tackled as he kicked that last gasp effort.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2014, 03:43:52 PM »
gut running

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2014, 05:44:00 PM »
i wouldn't hang it on the guy...
it was houli that kicked it over the head of griffo/vickery.
and definitely was tackled just as he was kicking the ball.

would have been nice if he had kicked the winner..
but not to be...good debut regardless.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2014, 05:48:04 PM »
Just failed to kick a winner in what would've been a record comeback...I predict he will now demand to be bought a house then walk out on us after we refuse.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2014, 08:07:02 PM »
Just failed to kick a winner in what would've been a record comeback...I predict he will now demand to be bought a house then walk out on us after we refuse.
:lol I see what u did there.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2014, 08:34:27 PM »
Is Flesh Gordon indigenous? ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2014, 05:19:53 PM »
Nathan Gordon interview on Crocmedia's Sportsday ... [go to 41 min mark in the below audio link]

AUDIO: http://www.crocmedia.com.au/2014/04/07/sportsday-victas-april-7-2014/

* Dimma told me Thursday night that I would be the sub. My heart skipped a beat.

* I wasn’t expecting to come on so early so I was on pretty quick and it went pretty fast, the game. I don’t remember much but I absolutely loved it and thought I did pretty well in my first game in Tigers colours.

* We knew they were number one for contested footy, we knew they were really good at that. It was our second quarter that killed us. We got beaten in a lot of areas, the main thing was basic skill errors by us.

* Dimma didn’t really give us a spray, he just mentioned that about the key points and just said do you guys want to fight or do you guys want to give up here. So he got us in pretty close and he got us pretty fired up and we made a decision to get back to our winning ways and in the end it was a bit too late and they just got over the top of us.

* No there wasn’t [a directive to go to Jack]. It was more team orientated but Jack was one of the blokes who stood up in the second half. I was really rapt with him and he stood up for the team and he started clunking a few marks and kicking a few goals. So we need people like that and good players like him to step up at a time like that and I think he did exactly that. But there was no chance, we just got back to hitting our targets and stopped those easy, basic errors we were doing in the second quarter that killed us.