Author Topic: Nathan Gordon [merged]  (Read 22541 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pick 50: Nathan Gordon
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2013, 12:55:11 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2013, 12:58:37 PM »
 :lol :cheers

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2013, 01:06:32 PM »

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2013, 05:06:45 PM »
FLASH

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Nathan Gordon on the road again from Roosters to Richmond (Sunday Mail)
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2013, 12:51:40 AM »
Nathan Gordon on the road again as he shifts from Roosters to Richmond

Reece Homfray
    November 23, 2013 10:41PM

IT'S a good thing Nathan Gordon travels lightly.

Football's free spirit had one last look around Prospect Oval on Saturday before flying to Melbourne to meet his new teammates at Richmond which will be his third club in three states in three years.

"I've got to pack up again today but I'm used to that, I've been out of home since I was 18 and at the Swans," he said.

"It's just what I've got to do and it's the lifestyle I chose.

"I don't have much here, just clothes and that but we'll get the bed and TV across in the car later in the week.

"For now we'll just get over there and start training."

Gordon was only in Adelaide for one season where he played every game including the SANFL grand final with the Roosters.

"I love Adelaide. I was really getting comfortable here, it was a big change from Sydney but you've got to do what you've got to do," he said.

As much as he liked the place, he never planned to be here long term.

After being delisted by Sydney in 2012 after two AFL games in three years, Gordon took advice from Swans assistant coach Stuart Dew who sent him to Adelaide to resurrect his career.

"In the back of my head that was the plan but I didn't want to come here and be arrogant about it," he said.
Nathan Gordon, who has been drafted to Richmond, takes one last look around Prospect.

"I just wanted to come down and play some good footy, that happened and I was lucky enough to get picked up."

Like most draftees and their new club, Gordon spoke to Richmond at the draft combine but was given no indication how keen they were.

The Tigers, it was proved, were very keen, swooping on Gordon with their second pick in the national draft to grab him at No. 50 on Thursday night.

"I was pretty excited but I knew the rookie draft was a week later so I was getting ready to wait for that," he said.

"After a few clubs skipped me they (Richmond) jumped at the opportunity. I was happy to go anywhere, there was a possibility my new home was in Melbourne and I was happy to go to Richmond.

"I think I can fit in there and hopefully play some AFL next year."

The annual AFL draft in the most part went off as expected last night with just a couple of surprize picks thrown in for good measure - to take us through a few of the big winners from last night we're joined by the Herald Sun's Jon Ralph.

At his electrifying best, Gordon was one of the SANFL's most exciting players this season.

At 188cm he plays as a dangerous midfielder who goes forward, can take an overhead mark and kick a goal from 50m no worries.

"Hopefully it will be (a) similar (role) to North Adelaide, I'll be playing a lot forward and go into the midfield," he said.

"I will do a lot of work in the gym, that's one of my goals for this pre-season."

Having been given his second chance at the elite level, Gordon is determined not to let it slip.

"I'm more mature as a footballer, I've got a lot more knowledge and I take a lot of advice from the Swans, here (North Adelaide) and people along the way.

"A lot of people who heard I got picked up the second time have said to me 'don't waste it, not many people get a second chance'.

"And that's what I've got and I'm so grateful for Richmond giving me that chance so I'll make the most of it."

NATHAN GORDON

Junior club: East Coast Eagles (NSW)

Drafted: Richmond (pick No. 50)

Position: Midfielder/forward

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/nathan-gordon-on-the-road-again-as-he-shifts-from-roosters-to-richmond/story-fndv8t7m-1226766879804#mm-breached

gerkin greg

« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2013, 10:24:39 AM »
Was on Essendon's radar at 55 and Roosy wanted him at 57

Unlucky boys  ;D

dwaino

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2013, 10:31:05 AM »

Unlucky boys  ;D

I have on impeccable authority (OER forums) that we could have rookied him  :shh

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »

Unlucky boys  ;D
:lol

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2013, 11:28:07 AM »

Unlucky boys  ;D

I have on impeccable authority (OER forums) that we could have rookied him  :shh
My ultra impeccable sources say you're wrong!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »
VIDEO: Nathan Gordon interview ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-11-25/pick-50-nathan-gordon

Summary:

* I was stoked that Richmond called my name out. It’s amazing to get another crack at it; a second chance; and I’m so grateful that Richmond gave me the opportunity.

* I knew it was a good comp. there [i.e. SANFL] and that was my stepping stone back into the AFL. I adapted pretty well, I was pretty comfortable, and I played some really good footy down there.

* Hopefully, an exciting player, playing off half-forward working into the midfield using my endurance base and taking some good marks up the ground, taking some plays down forward and hopefully kicking a few goals.

* I just can’t wait for the next couple of weeks so I can start training then enjoy the Christmas break and get back for some more hard work. I won’t make mistakes that I did in the past and I’ll make sure I get on top of everything and give myself the best chance of playing AFL footy for Richmond. I’m just going to have a crack at the pre-season and work as hard as I can. My first goal is to play the pre-season series, hopefully play well, earn the trust of some players and coaches, and the rest can take care of itself. At the moment, I’ve just got to work hard and earn my respect here.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2013, 07:30:20 PM »
 :thumbsup
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2013, 08:22:50 PM »
I love pre season, it's a bit like an election campaign - full of yet to be broken promises...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2013, 09:00:24 PM »

Unlucky boys  ;D

Wrong wrong wrong

Would have been there 4t round rookie draft

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2013, 09:12:42 PM »
sack grigg
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2013, 09:24:20 PM »
while i might argue strongly about where we took him and only taking one kid more to the point .
i also argue strongly  more state league players like gordon should be given a go. theres a kid over here ryan lester -  smith.  i  reckon he will get rookied. clever forward whos only 21?? and kicked heaps of goals in the wafl.they arent hard to find if you look. i know freo and port are intersted in this kid and rightly so hes probably been just as impressive as gordon as a forward but clubs will wait for the rookie draft.