Author Topic: Richmond off to Warrnambool for community cap --- Feb. 4-5  (Read 2470 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond off to Warrnambool for community cap --- Feb. 4-5
« on: November 26, 2013, 02:45:13 AM »
Country footy fans to benefit as AFL clubs announce destinations for community camps

Bruce Matthews
    November 26, 2013

WHERE YOUR CLUB IS OFF TO:

Adelaide - Victor Harbor, Kangaroo Island - Feb. 10-11

Brisbane - Bundaberg, Hervey Bay - Feb. 7-8

Carlton - Sale- Feb. 4-5

Collingwood - Kinglake - Feb. 17-18

Essendon - Benalla - Feb. 4-5

Fremantle - Pinjarra, Harvey & Collie - Feb. 6-7

Geelong - Colac, Otway's, Camperdown - Feb. 13-14

Gold Coast - Logan, Beenleigh - Feb. 6-7

GWS - Canberra - Dec. 2-3, 2-13

Hawthorn - Launceston, Hobart, Burnie, Devonport - Feb. 22-24

Melbourne - Alice Springs - Feb. 27 - March 1

Leongatha Feb. 27-28

North Melbourne - Ballarat - Feb. 6-7

Port Adelaide - Whyalla, Ceduna, Lock, Wudinna & Kimba - Feb. 17-18

Richmond - Warrnambool - Feb. 4-5

St Kilda - Wellington (NZ) and Nepean Peninsula - Feb. 12-14

Sydney - North of Sydney regions including Newcastle and Coffs Harbour - Feb. 10-11

West Coast - Albany region - Feb. 6-7

Western Bulldogs - Bacchus Marsh, Melton - Feb. 4-5

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/country-footy-fans-to-benefit-as-afl-clubs-announce-destinations-for-community-camps/story-fnelctok-1226768164160

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond off to Warrnambool for community cap --- Feb. 4-5
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:24:42 PM »
Awesome the tigers finally coming to my town!!  Hopefully can organize some time off work to follow them around a bit...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 02:40:05 AM »
The Tigers will be in Warrnambool, Victoria from February 4 - 5 for its Australia Post AFL Community Camp.

The Warrnambool community is encouraged to come and meet their favourite Tigers’ player at some of the fun activities available to the public.

A kids’ super clinic, open training session and player autograph session are some great opportunities to see the Tigers in action. See details and football clinic registration form below [click on link]:

Tuesday, February 4:
Super clinic for children aged 5-12 years. All Richmond players will be in attendance to help with the clinic and sign autographs for fans. Gold coin donation to participate in the super clinic to support local charity, ‘Peter’s Project’.  Register your details below to participate in the clinic.
Where: Reid Oval, Cramer Street, Warrnambool
Time: 4:00pm – 5:30pm

Wednesday, February 5:
Richmond open training session. Watch the players train and get an autograph from your favourite Richmond player after the session.
Where: Reid Oval, Cramer Street, Warrnambool
Time: 9:00am – 11:00am

Wednesday, February 5:
Richmond players, Brett Deledio, Dustin Martin, Aaron Edwards and Liam McBean will sign autographs at Warrnambool Australia Post store.
Where: Australia Post - 169 Koroit Street. Warrnambool
Time: 12 midday – 1:00pm

Tigers’ are taking the roar to Warrnambool this February 4 for a Superclinic! For a gold coin donation, junior Tiger fans (5-12yro) can partake in a special Superclinic at Reid Oval, Warrnambool from 4pm. 

Fans will have the opportunity to get autographs from their favourite players and meet Richmond mascots.  Simply register your details below [click on link] to participate in the clinic – everyone is welcome!

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news-and-media/community-camp

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 06:30:19 PM »
Bump.

Tigers start their Warrnambool community camp tomorrow.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 06:34:41 PM »
Hopefully not training in kooga anymore
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 08:41:03 PM »
I will be at training Wednesday and am having Conca & Darrou take our U14 footy team for training Tuesday night.
Also have a function with a few players and officials \Tuesday night
Will post a report

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 01:20:50 PM »
The boys arriving in Warrnambool ...

http://t.co/OmStzvgsYB

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 06:03:21 PM »
From ch9's Tony Jones twitter

@TJch9: We're live tonight from Warrnambool where the Tigers have hit town. @tcotchin9 to join us on @9newsmelb.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 06:19:57 PM »
And Mark Stevens from Ch7 is saying he's got an interview with Chris Newman coming up
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 06:49:49 PM »
Cotch on Ch 9:

* Different set up this year starting the season up on Gold Coast. The conditions will be what we've been training in with the tough moist hot air.

* Started the elim final well but played poorly in the 2nd half. Looking back there were things we could have controlled which we didn't. We've been working on our gamplan to deal with the issues that let us down in that game. We've got Carlton in round 2 so don't have to wait long to face them again.

* The boys have been involved in kids/school clinics today in Warrnambool and are off to a reception tonight for the team.

Newy on Ch 7:

* Newy to play across HF (good to kick some goals) with Dusty filling the void at HB.

* Players carrying that elim final loss with them.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 02:17:53 AM »
The Tigers’ Wednesday itinerary includes an open training session in the morning before visits to hospitals and retirement villages.

Deledio, Martin, Aaron Edwards and Liam McBean will be at an autograph session at the Australia Post store at midday.

The players will take part in an indigenous community engagement session at the Framlingham mission in the afternoon before heading back to Melbourne.

Richmond communications co-ordinator Jaimee Damon said the camp gave the club a chance to meet its fan base in south-west Victoria.

“We have a lot of fans everywhere, all over Australia including Warrnambool,” she said.

“It’s a chance for us to touch base with them and they get the chance to see their team.

‘‘It can be hard to get to Melbourne to see them on the football field.”

http://www.standard.net.au/story/2064154/richmond-players-arrive-for-two-day-camp/?cs=74

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 10:48:26 AM »
Conca, Darrou & Greg Mellor took our local Hawks JFC for training last night and were brilliant.  Very informative & great with the kids who allowed heaps of Q & A.  Couple of names who may play early were McIntosh & Gordon

Had a supporters group function also with McBean, Rance, Lade hosted by the Flea which was great.  If anyone lives around the area and wants to join the South West Tigers PM me your email address and I will email you with the details.  Will be up and running by season start. 
The name most likely to debut was Sam Lloyd on the night, Gordon & Lennon also mentioned.

Training this morning short and sharp (45 mins , skills looked good. Knights & Stephenson running laps, Arnot, Conca trained fully.  (Reece be right by NAB 2).  No King, Maric, Griffiths, Jackson (not sure why they didnt make the trip).
If McBean is not the best field kick for a big man then I will go hee. 
All in all a great visit by the team and everyone involved very couteous and professional.
Any questions fire away and I will do my best to answer.   

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 11:18:05 AM »
I scratch my head when I see the players wearing kooga shorts and BLK tops  :banghead
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »
Conca, Darrou & Greg Mellor took our local Hawks JFC for training last night and were brilliant.  Very informative & great with the kids who allowed heaps of Q & A.  Couple of names who may play early were McIntosh & Gordon

Had a supporters group function also with McBean, Rance, Lade hosted by the Flea which was great.  If anyone lives around the area and wants to join the South West Tigers PM me your email address and I will email you with the details.  Will be up and running by season start. 
The name most likely to debut was Sam Lloyd on the night, Gordon & Lennon also mentioned.

Training this morning short and sharp (45 mins , skills looked good. Knights & Stephenson running laps, Arnot, Conca trained fully.  (Reece be right by NAB 2).  No King, Maric, Griffiths, Jackson (not sure why they didnt make the trip).
If McBean is not the best field kick for a big man then I will go hee. 
All in all a great visit by the team and everyone involved very couteous and professional.
Any questions fire away and I will do my best to answer.

Thanks pmac21
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 06:21:34 PM »
Pics from the Warrnambool Community Camp:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/gallery/2014-02-05/2014-community-camp#2e8ce1d818004410VgnVCM200000986bb70aRCRD

VIDEO: @SteveMorris38 tells you what the boys will be doing on Community Camp in Warrnambool
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-02-05/community-camp-morris-welcome-in-warrnambool

VIDEO: @troychaplin25 takes the locals through a footy clinic in Warrnambool
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-02-05/community-camp-chaplins-superclinics

Richmond ‏@Richmond_FC twitter:
"Great turnout RT @DanTehanWannon: Great to have Richmond in Warrnambool - kids getting a clinic in how to be heroes "