Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 144138 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Anthony Miles [merged]
« Reply #675 on: August 30, 2014, 07:50:54 PM »
Maybe he prayed to god that he would get delisted and did some sort of Jedi mind tricks on them coz he wanted to come to us, what do you think BoJangles, is that one of the magical powers you get issued with at church or is it just bread, wine and sodomising the altar boys?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #676 on: August 30, 2014, 09:12:05 PM »
Should have been promoted earlier

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #677 on: August 30, 2014, 09:14:24 PM »
Should have been recruited 4 years ago.  What was FJ thinking?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #678 on: August 30, 2014, 09:17:14 PM »
Should have been recruited 4 years ago.  What was FJ thinking?

Actually great stuffing point, why didn't we recruit him 4 years ago, Stripes wtf was Dimma thinking

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #679 on: September 01, 2014, 05:53:02 PM »
The money men
Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
September 1, 2014 2:00 PM

THEY may not be the best players at the eight clubs that have made the finals, but here are those AFL.com.au reporters have identified as having critical roles to play during September.

RICHMOND - Anthony Miles
Last year Richmond was exposed in the midfield in their elimination final against Carlton, with more support needed at the coalface for captain Trent Cotchin. Miles, who joined the club as a rookie from Greater Western Sydney, turned out to be the player the Tigers were crying out for. The hard-nosed onballer came into the team in round 12 and has played 12 games, ranking No.2 at the club for average contested possessions (11.2), average clearances (seven) and overall centre clearances (27). He is without doubt Cotchin's main support now in the clinches, allowing the Tigers' other stars to do their best work on the outside. In Richmond's run of nine straight wins, Miles has led the team for clearances on six occasions at an average of 6.7 a game. In that stretch the Tigers have lost the clearances only once, highlighting his importance leading into finals.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-01/the-money-men

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #680 on: September 01, 2014, 06:03:10 PM »
He is our upgrade on Tuck.

Everybody is harping on about our missing personnel through injury making us play poorly,  but none of the media have mentioned the guy who was getting the ball out last year, Tuck, not being there.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #681 on: September 01, 2014, 06:49:45 PM »

Everybody is harping on about our missing personnel through injury making us play poorly,  but none of the media have mentioned the guy who was getting the ball out last year, Tuck, not being there.
would love for us to find another tuck type to go with miles. reckon we are screaming out for that big contested ball winning mid. seems a lot of sides nowdays have that 190cm 90-95 kg mid watson, kennedy, pendles, barlow, mundy, fyfe, reckon one of these types would take a hell of a lot of pressure of the likes of miles.
while miles has replaced tuck he is not  not a like for like replacement.  next yr clubs are going to put some real work into miles its then we will need the big body.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #682 on: September 01, 2014, 11:20:14 PM »

would love for us to find another tuck type to go with miles. reckon we are screaming out for that big contested ball winning mid. seems a lot of sides nowdays have that 190cm 90-95 kg mid watson, kennedy, pendles, barlow, mundy, fyfe, reckon one of these types would take a hell of a lot of pressure of the likes of miles.
while miles has replaced tuck he is not  not a like for like replacement.  next yr clubs are going to put some real work into miles its then we will need the big body.

While I agree that we could use another of their ilk, I'd say that they are very much like for like. They are both hard-nosed inside mids who relish the contest and get plenty of the pill. Miles is better by foot, and Tuck a better contested mark, but  the difference in height is largely irrelevant when comparing how they play. To me Miles is like Tucky with better skills.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #683 on: September 13, 2014, 05:43:19 PM »
Met milesy today whilst watching our respective local teams, real nice bloke. Just thought I'd share that. That is all.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #684 on: September 13, 2014, 06:32:57 PM »

U make a lot of sense there claw, I noticed in recent weeks opponents were working miles over, to complete our midfield and take a step forward we need another ace mid , shiel would do  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #685 on: September 13, 2014, 11:22:54 PM »
Jacko big mid, gone
Grigg big mid, rubbish
Lids and Martin, big mids, moved forward line

Foley dwarf. Miles small. Cotchin gets battered. Sedwards small. Thomas/Grigg rubbish.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #686 on: September 13, 2014, 11:31:40 PM »
Let's see how he goes next year.

I'm not sold on half a year.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #687 on: September 14, 2014, 11:54:41 AM »
Let's see how he goes next year.

I'm not sold on half a year.

Fair, I'm actually not sold on vlastuin either. Was ordinary for most of this year.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Rampstar

« Reply #688 on: September 14, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »
Im hoping it was 2nd year blues for Vlastuin and next year he rebounds strongly.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #689 on: September 14, 2014, 04:26:20 PM »
Agree with last two posts. Disappointed but I think he'll come good.