Author Topic: Nelson Mandela has died  (Read 1309 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Nelson Mandela has died
« on: December 06, 2013, 09:42:10 AM »
One of the world's great heroes has died aged 95

RIP Nelson
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nelson Mandela has died
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 10:08:38 AM »
I've read a couple of biographies on him and he lived a life that Hollywood couldn't have scripted.  A man who had a profound positive impact on his country and the rest of the world.   Let's hope the world can remain inspired and move forward to eradicate racism and bigotry forever.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 10:43:16 AM »
RIP   

These sum it up well:

"The world has lost a great man. As we grieve for Nelson Mandela we should also celebrate his tremendous victory over prejudice and hate. " Former Aust PM Julia Gillard (via twitter)
===================

From Malcolm Fraser former Aust PM (via twitter):

"He was a tall, spare man standing very straight with a steady eye. He was a person of natural grace and dignity.

He looked at me and said, “Mr Fraser, is Donald Bradman still alive?” Later I was able to take a bat to Mandela, signed by Bradman, with the following notation: “To Nelson Mandela, in recognition of a great unfinished innings”.

Of all the people I have met, he was by far the greatest"

====================

"In the modern age, Nelson Mandela will be remembered as an unsurpassed healer of human hearts."
- Mitt Romney USA pollie (via twitter)

==================

‘‘Nelson Mandela was one of the great figures of Africa, arguably one of the great figures of the last century.

"And while I never met him I did read that book A Long Walk To Freedom and I guess the impression we get of Nelson Mandela is someone who suffered but was not embittered but ennobled through that suffering.’’
- Aust PM Tony Abbott - via the Age

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/live-nelson-mandela-death-leaves-south-africa-in-mourning-20131206-2yuqt.html#ixzz2me9Fhsm0
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 10:54:40 AM »
I named my cat after he  :bow

(cause the cat was black)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:36:07 AM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »
RIP   

These sum it up well:

"The world has lost a great man. As we grieve for Nelson Mandela we should also celebrate his tremendous victory over prejudice and hate. " Former Aust PM Julia Gillard (via twitter)
===================

From Malcolm Fraser former Aust PM (via twitter):

"He was a tall, spare man standing very straight with a steady eye. He was a person of natural grace and dignity.

He looked at me and said, “Mr Fraser, is Donald Bradman still alive?” Later I was able to take a bat to Mandela, signed by Bradman, with the following notation: “To Nelson Mandela, in recognition of a great unfinished innings”.

Of all the people I have met, he was by far the greatest"

====================

"In the modern age, Nelson Mandela will be remembered as an unsurpassed healer of human hearts."
- Mitt Romney USA pollie (via twitter)

==================

‘‘Nelson Mandela was one of the great figures of Africa, arguably one of the great figures of the last century.

"And while I never met him I did read that book A Long Walk To Freedom and I guess the impression we get of Nelson Mandela is someone who suffered but was not embittered but ennobled through that suffering.’’
- Aust PM Tony Abbott - via the Age

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/live-nelson-mandela-death-leaves-south-africa-in-mourning-20131206-2yuqt.html#ixzz2me9Fhsm0
Well said by all. Just an incredible man. Never displayed any animosity, bitterness nor sort retribution once he was freed despite having nearly three decades of his life taken away from him while imprisoned for standing up for basic freedoms and human rights.

RIP.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 07:25:38 AM »