Author Topic: Have opposition sides worked us out?  (Read 978 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Have opposition sides worked us out?
« on: June 21, 2005, 05:19:56 AM »
A comment by the observant eye of an OERite ;) at the game with me on Saturday night mentioned how the Crows centre bounce midfielders would often, when Knobel got the tap, wait for Tuck to just get his hands on the footy before swamping him and forcing the ball their way through weight of numbers. They knew he was the main clearance winner for us and that there was no protection or blocking being done for Tuck to create a path for him to break clear or at least get the ball forward our way.

Was there a bit of a surprise factor there early on but now after 13 rounds opposition sides have worked us out?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Have opposition sides worked us out?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 01:19:22 PM »
A comment by the observant eye of an OERite ;) at the game with me on Saturday night mentioned how the Crows centre bounce midfielders would often, when Knobel got the tap, wait for Tuck to just get his hands on the footy before swamping him and forcing the ball their way through weight of numbers. They knew he was the main clearance winner for us and that there was no protection or blocking being done for Tuck to create a path for him to break clear or at least get the ball forward our way.

Was there a bit of a surprise factor there early on but now after 13 rounds opposition sides have worked us out?

Sounds like a very astute judge  :rollin :lol

It is actually been happening (building up) over tyhe past couple of weeks. Melbourne tried and the North did it the other week a few times but Adelaide really exploited it.

I was staggered that we didn't try something different in centre cirlce set-ups - just throwing one of our blokes between the 3 Crows in the centre was worth a shot to at least try and block to give Tuck the opportunity to get the ball forward
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Have opposition sides worked us out?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 12:10:16 AM »
We also have a habit of coughing up the ball to the opposition because we're afraid of being pinged for holding the ball even though most of the time our bloke has been tackled as soon as he grabs the footy and so has had no prior opportunity. Just take the tackle. Better a ball-up than just giving up the footy  ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd