Author Topic: Indigenous Players  (Read 7526 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Indigenous Players
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 09:52:35 PM »
Telstra certainly has "diversity" quotas

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 09:56:22 PM »
If we get a gay black Muslim this is excellent for diversty :clapping

I'd have thought we get a left footed, dark skinned, Jewish, nazi sympathiser and give him number 17 and we start a tradition (and a quota)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 08:58:50 AM »

Smoke, I couldn't give a stuff if you agree or not, that's what a forum is all about, but I hoped you would of understood the context of the thread. I think you are missing it, go back are read the post from eliminator..summed up in one!

"I would really like the RFC to recruit more Indigenous players, I really don't think we have focused much on this particular part of our business since JON left."

"I would like to see a more robust development plan or a recruitment plan implemented that specifically focuses on the recruitment of Indigenous players."

"Maybe we have this process in place now, if we do I don't really see it as being effective."

"I would like to see at least two Indigenous players in the team and another two on the Rookie list or at least training with the club through a development plan."

"Any thoughts or feedback on our current or future plans in this area?"

What part of the context of the thread did I misconstrue?  My only comment was to ask if you thought the reason put up by Stripes was a satisfactory reason for the club's lack of recent indigenous recruiting and you replied that I had engaged in a "witch hunt" of you.  WTF?  And then you put up Elim's post as 'getting it' but all he did was agree with you where many others didn't and said so.  Maybe to get the context of the thread right in the first place you should have said this is what I think and I only want replies from those who agree.  Would have saved any confusion.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 09:12:27 AM »

Smoke, I couldn't give a stuff if you agree or not, that's what a forum is all about, but I hoped you would of understood the context of the thread. I think you are missing it, go back are read the post from eliminator..summed up in one!

"I would really like the RFC to recruit more Indigenous players, I really don't think we have focused much on this particular part of our business since JON left."

"I would like to see a more robust development plan or a recruitment plan implemented that specifically focuses on the recruitment of Indigenous players."

"Maybe we have this process in place now, if we do I don't really see it as being effective."

"I would like to see at least two Indigenous players in the team and another two on the Rookie list or at least training with the club through a development plan."

What part of the context of the thread did I misconstrue?  My only comment was to ask if you thought the reason put up by Stripes was a satisfactory reason for the club's lack of recent indigenous recruiting and you replied that I had engaged in a "witch hunt" of you.  WTF?  And then you put up Elim's post as 'getting it' but all he did was agree with you where many others didn't and said so.  Maybe to get the context of the thread right in the first place you should have said this is what I think and I only want replies from those who agree.  Would have saved any confusion.

Most understood it, just focus on it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2014, 09:20:57 AM »
lmao
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2014, 09:28:06 AM »

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2014, 09:32:40 AM »

:lol

Everyone understood it.  You took offence to some that didn't agree with your opinion.  Don't start posts on forums if you don't want everyone's view.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2014, 09:41:17 AM »

Everyone understood it.  You took offence to some that didn't agree with your opinion.  Don't start posts on forums if you don't want everyone's view.

Just stuff off.

"Rucks:

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2014, 10:41:36 AM »
Just stuff off.

When all else fails , go with ' just stuff off ' 
Love it !

FWIW I will openly state that I think we need an aboriginal small forward in our team. Am I allowed to say aboriginal ? If not then I think we need an indigenous small forward.....preferrably black.  Am I allowed to say that ? Preferrably dark skinned I meant.
 Am I being anti white with that comment ? Is that racist ?
Aww man I dunno what I can and can't say anymore ?

I want Steven Motlop in our team !!

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2014, 05:03:43 PM »
Just stuff off.

When all else fails , go with ' just stuff off ' 
Love it !

FWIW I will openly state that I think we need an aboriginal small forward in our team. Am I allowed to say aboriginal ? If not then I think we need an indigenous small forward.....preferrably black.  Am I allowed to say that ? Preferrably dark skinned I meant.
 Am I being anti white with that comment ? Is that racist ?
Aww man I dunno what I can and can't say anymore ?

I want Steven Motlop in our team !!

:lol LMAO Snake Eyes. In saying Steven, you may be discriminating against all the other names out there, especially the "Stephen's" of this world.

Check this link out to Comedian Steve Hughes talking about PC and people being offended.
http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=29555#.UuiZh_l9LmE

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2014, 09:03:40 PM »
i just want them to recruit the best players available.

If they happen to be indigenous then that is fine.

What I don't want is to recruit an indigenous player and miss out on a far better non indigenous player because of that!

Simple!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2014, 10:02:50 PM »
Racist  :facepalm

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2014, 06:58:41 AM »
i just want them to recruit the best players available.

If they happen to be indigenous then that is fine.

What I don't want is to recruit an indigenous player and miss out on a far better non indigenous player because of that!

Simple!

Yep it's about recruiting the best available talent

Then it's up to the Club to have the right programs in place to develop them

I reckon it's the 2nd part (read development) that we haven't been great at previously but are doing everything in oour power to get that part right
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

1980 I Was There

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2014, 06:21:49 PM »
Quite a few years ago, a friend of mine was sitting down with me watchin footy for the first time (I was in QLD).
He said to me "wow did you see that, who's he".
I said "who"
He said "that black guy" (and he truly wasn't being racist either).

He was talking about Nicky Winmar, and ya know what, I didn't even realise there we're any indigenous players on the field. For that matter I didn't even notice there being any white coloured skin people out there either.

When I watch footy, I WATCH footy, I don't look for different skin colour, race, creed, religion, or what ever else, I just don't care to take notice what colour skin flew to take an awesome grab or booted a great goal.

I love footy and for people to keep on about irish, aboriginal, italian, or samoan footy players is continuously frustrating.

We don't need to focus, as you said about this part of the business, the focus is and always about winning premierships.

I get your post and see where your coming from for sure, but can't we just get a premiership first.

I personally don't give a rats as to what footy players we can get hold of, as long as they are good at it.

I do have a question for you though.

Of the teams that you mentioned having indigenous players (I didn't know GWS had indigenous players lol) could you name each individual indigenous player?

Or would be easier just to ask you to name as many players on each of those lists.

I would be willing to bet that naming players on a team is far easier than picking out individual players that are supposedly different from everyone else.

Footy players are footy players and that's all that should matter.

I'm not saying any of this because of your post, it's all of footy.

Oh and that guy that I mentioned at the start of my post, he was part aboriginal, and I didn't even know it  :lol

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2014, 10:33:59 PM »
Draft on talent, potential and long-term manageability (of physical and psychological issues).

Not on skin colour.