Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG - Round 2, 2014  (Read 10152 times)

1980 I Was There

Re: Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG - Round 2, 2014
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2014, 10:54:18 PM »
Why the stuff are you all bagging you're own team, you either don't get it or are just too young and stoopid to understand what happens in football.
Two years ago, we would've lost a game like that. Probably last years as well.
Teams have come back at teams for decades now, it's what makes our game so fantastic, and if you bag your own team because they won and it doesn't matter in what capacity they won, you're a figgin idiot and RICHMOND certainly doesn't want dumb arse supporters like that..
Clowns.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2014, 11:02:19 PM »
Why the stuff are you all bagging you're own team, you either don't get it or are just too young and stoopid to understand what happens in football.
Teams have come back at teams for decades now, it's what makes our game so fantastic, and if you bag your own team because they won and it doesn't matter in what capacity they won, you're a figgin idiot and RICHMOND certainly doesn't want dumb arse supporters like that..
Clowns.

The manner of the victory was not convincing

tony_montana

« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2014, 11:05:30 PM »
Exactly, we didn't learn anything, we were lucky to pluck a few in the end from good fortune not by good design, therein is the problem, we should be growing as a side, but on tonight's second half showing we're not simple as that. Anyhow that's all I'll say on it now as some can't handle it.

Positives

Ben Griffiths, really stood up after he dropped a sitter early and took some big marks
Astbury did a better job on Waite than I can remember any richmond backman has in the past.
Ellis's job on that cat Gibbs
Jack and Vickery looking a lot more potent, we look better with Jack playing deeper for longer.
Grimes looked good 1st half, faded but will be better for the run
Love Flossy
Thomas!
Pettards best game for us, well done
And king makes a difference! I don't care what anyone says there's something intangible he brings to our side
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:22:54 PM by tony_montana »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2014, 11:08:11 PM »
Ugly.
Deficient.
Caracella and Balmey.

dwaino

« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2014, 11:09:06 PM »
We were lucky and it was a car crash in slow motion. But really the ladder doesn't reflect that. We have 4 points in the bank and in a few weeks, provided we win some more games,  nobody will give a toss.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2014, 11:12:12 PM »
Clowns.
Yes its a win. You are right.

But Because I'm sick of softy, limp wristed, poofter, pretenders!
The whole team would need to improve a hell of a lot to expect to play finals again this year.

We could've buried them! And we didn't! We let the back in it AGAIN.

Expectations need to be raised.
The bar has to be lifted.
Demands must be made.

You can be happy with near enough, or close enough or nearly there. But I won't be happy until we are holding the Cup high.

I don't think the club would be or should be happy with that game either.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2014, 11:14:20 PM »
Half way through that last qtr I was channeling Lloyd Bridges ' looks like I picked the wrong week to give up sniffin glue '
Geez it's ride barracking for the tiges.

Thought we were outcoached badly in the second half tonite. Malthouse swung the changes...again. Dimma had no answers...again.

Anyhows ,we won !
Positives for mine were Ellis back in some form. He flogged Gibbs. Griffiths played his best game for the club. Great mark at the end and Petterd ( can't believe I'm saying this ) had a good last qtr and Astbury was solid.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2014, 11:25:54 PM »
4 points!
Stuffin enjoy it. This game was always going to be stuffed. Lets see how the season pans out before calling for heads.

Gigantor

« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2014, 11:31:59 PM »
The season is just starting,teams will be hot and cold.I remember kevin sheedy once said,that the cream doesn't rise until about round 7.lets judge the tiges then

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2014, 11:40:12 PM »
One major deficiency I think the game highlighted is our lack of pace around the ground. At times in that second half our players were run around like they were witches hats. We really need to inject some speed into the squad. Even Lids at times looked slow and he is portrayed as an elite athlete but at the same time just can't seem to break a tag. Hopefully our fade out is related to the split round and we need the regular week in week out schedule to maintain our intensity and run for a full game...Just trying to see the glass as half full :)

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2014, 11:52:23 PM »
how many tackles did our captain make??????????????

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2014, 12:08:46 AM »
A win is a win even if it is ugly.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2014, 12:11:47 AM »
Astbury was fantastic, he has finally developed the body to match the big guns and was too good for Waite tonight, I'm sure people noticed that Waite snuck his only goal on Grimes when Astbury was having a breather. Why was Astbury even having a rotation? It's not like Waite was taking him on a half marathon richo or roo style. Astbury has come on in leaps and bounds. I would go as far as saying that you include Astbury and Rance as the top 2 kpd and let Grimes and Chaplin fight it out for the 3rd 'tall' defender spot. In reality it will be out of Grimes or Astbury to make way for Rance but it would be criminal to drop Astbury after a game like that.

Chaplin was awful, if as a defender you are having a bad kicking night, then you should either handball it off or run with it, he seems reluctant to do either, and probably hasn't got enough pace to try it anyhow. The other extremely frustrating thing about his game tonight was his ridiculous air dive in the last which left him on our HFF, then, when we stole the ball back and booted it back to the HFF that Chaplin was still on, he refused to lead into the 20 metres of space in front of him to butter up for the pee tackle 'attempt'. An absolute shocker of a game.

Now with Petterd and his air dives. I don't think anyone would have expected him to catch Chris Yarran but what you do expect is a genuine effort to chase because you never know pressure can do funny things to people. But to just dive after 15 metres of the chase, twice, on centre stage, well it just speaks for itself really.

Petterd and Grigg might have chalked up some big stats tonight, but I thought both of them were ordinary. Between them they had 15 inside 50's. IMV these are the last 2 that you want dominating our inside 50 stats with their pathetic up and under lollipop kicks. We need our gun players topping our I50 stats, Dusty only had 3 tonight, same with Lids, we need way better delivery more frequently from our stars.

I just had to get that off my chest before saying I really enjoyed the win, really, I did. :clapping

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2014, 12:14:32 AM »
Cotchin tried hard.

Deledio taken out of the game again. Pity.

Martin might never be a four-quarter player. Should play mid/deep forward.

Conca looked rusty.

Ellis/Vlas good.

Shedwards' pace was appreciated against a quick team.

Hampster definitely a required pickup. Was solid.

Astbury/Griff played great IMO. Should persist with these boys.

Thomas - sorely needed in the absence of Jackson and Tuck. 11 tackles says it all. Required player for me.

Jack needs to be FF. You pay a dude 3/4 of a million and play him as a second or third tall. Laughable.

Vickery beaten regularly. Four goals was flattering. Needs to be stronger.

King finished IMO.

Newman should be a defender only, or drop.

Morris beaten but should bounce back.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2014, 12:34:21 AM »
It feels good to beat the scum.  :clapping A win is a win & they tried everything in the book to beat us including having the umpires wipe their ass all night. l'm so happy with the win  :gotigers