Author Topic: Punt Road Oval Upgrade/Renovations (Update on works)  (Read 2663 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Punt Road Oval Upgrade/Renovations (Update on works)
« on: February 11, 2014, 11:48:51 AM »
Richmond rips into renovations
richmondfc.com.au 
February 11, 2014 10:51 AM

The ME Bank Centre is undergoing some ‘home renovations’ with redevelopment of the facilities and interface being undertaken, in preparation for Richmond VFL games to be played at home this season.                               

The work, which has been planned for almost a year, started late last month and it’s anticipated it will be completed by early April.

Improved business performance, and the outstanding support of the Fighting Tiger Fund, enabled the Club to make the decision to push ahead and get the upgrades done in time for the 2014 season.

Richmond’s new VFL team will play nine home games at the ME Bank Centre in 2014, seven of them as curtain-raisers to the AFL side’s MCG fixtures. The first match to be played at the Tigers’ home will be against Williamstown on Saturday, April 19 (Easter weekend).

The redevelopment includes installation of new scoreboards, crowd barriers, provision of toilets and amenities, fit-out of kiosk, medical rooms, coaches meeting room, coaches and stats box and replacement of the memorial pavers.

Full article:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-02-11/richmond-rips-into-renovations
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Punt Road Oval Upgrade/Renovations (Update on works)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 11:54:19 AM »
Richmond rips into renovations
richmondfc.com.au 
February 11, 2014 10:51 AM

The ME Bank Centre is undergoing some ‘home renovations’ with redevelopment of the facilities and interface being undertaken, in preparation for Richmond VFL games to be played at home this season.                               

The work, which has been planned for almost a year, started late last month and it’s anticipated it will be completed by early April.

Improved business performance, and the outstanding support of the Fighting Tiger Fund, enabled the Club to make the decision to push ahead and get the upgrades done in time for the 2014 season.

Richmond’s new VFL team will play nine home games at the ME Bank Centre in 2014, seven of them as curtain-raisers to the AFL side’s MCG fixtures. The first match to be played at the Tigers’ home will be against Williamstown on Saturday, April 19 (Easter weekend).

The redevelopment includes installation of new scoreboards, crowd barriers, provision of toilets and amenities, fit-out of kiosk, medical rooms, coaches meeting room, coaches and stats box and replacement of the memorial pavers.

Full article:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-02-11/richmond-rips-into-renovations

Wasn't somebody getting their knickers in a twist about the pavers?

:lol
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

gerkin greg

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 11:54:39 AM »
 :whistle

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 11:55:03 AM »
April  :banghead
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 12:02:51 PM »

Glad you think it's funny. 

But the fact are the pavers were removed 3 years ago, not 12 months ago 3 years, alot of them were broken and have to be replaced. Hence why they are using the term "replaced" as a opposed to being "re-laid". A cost the club is going to have to cover

People were told via a letter from Benny Gale that they be re-laid 18 months ago and that didn't happen, have heard nothing directly from the club since unless you contacted them.

Happy they are finally being replaced/re-laid but considering the amount of $$ the JDF raised with that project and the amounts some folks paid the communication on this by the Club has been terrible

And BTW I'd love to know when they become "Memorial Pavers"  :o

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 12:10:48 PM »
What is the pavers never seen them

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 12:36:42 PM »

Glad you think it's funny. 

But the fact are the pavers were removed 3 years ago, not 12 months ago 3 years, alot of them were broken and have to be replaced. Hence why they are using the term "replaced" as a opposed to being "re-laid". A cost the club is going to have to cover

People were told via a letter from Benny Gale that they be re-laid 18 months ago and that didn't happen, have heard nothing directly from the club since unless you contacted them.

Happy they are finally being replaced/re-laid but considering the amount of $$ the JDF raised with that project and the amounts some folks paid the communication on this by the Club has been terrible

And BTW I'd love to know when they become "Memorial Pavers"  :o

First World problem.

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 01:05:41 PM »
So will the facilities we at a suitable standard for the Essendon practice game?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 01:40:43 PM »
So will the facilities we at a suitable standard for the Essendon practice game?

The ground will be. Limited access for fans though - probably only 1000

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 05:05:46 PM »

Re: the pavers, all of them are being replaced and will be re-laid out the front of the Jack Dyer Stand.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 05:16:39 PM »

Re: the pavers, all of them are being replaced and will be re-laid out the front of the Jack Dyer Stand.

Hmmmm - so how that's going to work seeing some people paid extra to "design" their own?

Some people just bought one paver but some people paid over a $1k to have larger designs over multiple pavers, with special wording etc.  :huh

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 05:23:05 PM »
surely it will work the same way as when they were first done?

if as you say some were broken when they were lifted, then it is probably necessary to replace the whole lot due to problems matching existing pavers and that relaying pavers is a head stuff and the blokes I know in the industry avoid it like the plague
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 05:30:34 PM »
Does Relton Roberts get a memorial paver

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 05:42:05 PM »

Hmmmm - so how that's going to work seeing some people paid extra to "design" their own?

Some people just bought one paver but some people paid over a $1k to have larger designs over multiple pavers, with special wording etc.  :huh

From what I've been told they're being replaced as per originals.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 05:42:55 PM »
surely it will work the same way as when they were first done?

if as you say some were broken when they were lifted, then it is probably necessary to replace the whole lot due to problems matching existing pavers and that relaying pavers is a head stuff and the blokes I know in the industry avoid it like the plague

You would hope so but does the club still have the records of who had what, who paid for what etc.

are they planning on replacing them as they were eg most of the bigger ones had the old logo, actually the all the pavers were placed around a huge group of pavers that had the carried old logo. So what's the plan? I know I'll cop whacks by some on here but I want the exact wording on mine I had before and want to know what logo I am getting this time

And I'm not the one who said some were got broken when they moved them al, the club said it, have it black and white in the letter I recd way back when  ;D

ED: was typing when mr RFC_o replied

We shall see  ;D